What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ICMAG slow to load

twiztidbudsmoke

gotta revive this because the subject matter is still relevant, took me 5 minutes to load this page, and I dont want to hear bullshit about changing my browser. It should work fine, the site admins have let this site go downhill, If I had purchased a membership too keep this place alive I would be really pissed and im glad I didnt, you have in effect been robbed. I know Gyspy just doesnt want to do it anymore, but damn this used to be one hell of a site it just needs an upgrade, anyone feel me?

S

Sat X RB

good morning ...

well, I 'm also having trouble. same as the first post in this thread. visiting ICMAG is now an exercise in patience for me. browser is Firefox ... but it was Firefox when things were running good ...

what can be done Mods?

S

Sat X RB

good morning ...

well, I 'm also having trouble. same as the first post in this thread. visiting ICMAG is now an exercise in patience for me. browser is Firefox ... but it was Firefox when things were running good ...

and Ironically now there is an error msge that I should wait 60 seconds between posts ... when it's taken me 15 minutes to locate this thread and post a reply ...

what can be done Mods?

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you tried rebooting your modem? I've had a repetitive problem with IC loading slowly and all of the recent problems have been associated with my modem. Other sites will run normally, but for some reason the modem has an allergy to IC - rebooting will heal it up for an extended period.

Good luck.

Skip

Veteran
People often have too many windows open to icmag.

Try closing some.

Also other sites don't load as much as we do on a page.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you tried rebooting your modem? I've had a repetitive problem with IC loading slowly and all of the recent problems have been associated with my modem. Other sites will run normally, but for some reason the modem has an allergy to IC - rebooting will heal it up for an extended period.

Good luck.

gonna try that now , IC has been slow for me for the last couple days too with no problems on ANY other site .

Rives :tiphat:

iBogart

Veteran
Website running slooooow last week or so. Tried different browsers, no change. It's like running dial up slow. 1998 was a great year but I do like my DSL these days.

Latest posts

Latest posts