What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Helpful Answers and Thread Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip

Veteran
I've installed a new feature called "Helpful answers" that lets you rate ppls replies based upon how helpful they are.

In addition the thread rating system is active so you can give a thread an overall rating as far as how good or interesting or informative it is.

Hopefully these features will let us use our time in more profitable pursuits than wasting time reading unhelpful answers or useless threads.

Enjoy!

Just so you all know you get a max of 10 ratings per day.

Last edited:

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
Great addition! Thanks Skip! :respect:

Now to go through the bookmarks and give some great threads the ratings they deserve! :biggrin:

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Well, this answers the question what that is all of the sudden! Sounds like a good idea!

EDIT: After using this feature yesterday for what I thought was some harmless post rating, I got a PM from a angry member who said that he got NEG rep from me, I told him he was misunderstanding, you have to be a real jerk to get neg rep from me. But he confirmed that he got neg rep. I attempted to go and give him positive rep to fix it, and usre enough it said I had already given rep!

Is there a way to not participate in this post rating thing, I'm not interested in giving or receiving it, the reputation system works just fine for that.

Last edited:

Sleepy

Veteran
also send thanks to: Lazyman!!!

also send thanks to: Lazyman!!!

as Lazyman posted the idea.

I think we need a thumbs up/thumbs down rating on posts, or like Amazon's "32 of 48 people found this post useful" type thing. That was good info is solidified, bad info is shunned.

nice work!!!

thanks, Skip...you are the MAN!:smokey:

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Wow thanks guys, I'm humbled that you all agreed it was a good idea, and thanks for implementing it so fast SKip!

Like anything, if it is abused or doesn't work out I'm sure it will be removed, but I have high hopes!

severian

I love the new thumbs rating.

I love the new thumbs rating.

This will be a great experiment.

Edit -However, if it were modified to remove the link to actual reputation it would be even better!

B

bongoie

just noticed i'm immune from thumb's down :whistling:
EDIT DOH cant give myself the thumb

severian

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Thank you for rating this post!

lol

-too sarcastic, I meant to use your post as an example. I really like this new system.

Last edited:

gomer

I ran out of thumbs up votes already. If I knew there was a limit I would not have voted for your first post in this thread, Skip.:biggrin: Just kidding!

Seriously, great job. and
How many votes are allowed in 1 day

Update - What causes this message to be displayed. Is there a cookie that prohibits me from seeing it again? I've re-entered the thread and tried to repeat the steps I did when it was first displayed but it does not show.
picture.php

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Great job skip! Is there a place where a user can see how his posts are rated (overal)?

Later/edit: I got it.. we receive notifications of new ratings. Very cool! :wave:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.