What's new

Proxy server issues with icmag

Skip

Veteran
If you use the INSERT IMAGE button above the message box you can insert images properly by posting the image url (not the page url).

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Hey all,
this is kinda not related, but kinda is just asking for some help here.

I use Tor and Privoxy, just the last several days, only here, no other forums, everytime I log in I can only view what is on THAT page, if I click on any link to reply to post, view pics, go to another page or thread, I get logged out? I have to continually keep logging in every single time? What gives? Anyone know, is this something that I just started doing differently w/out realizing it, or is their something going on that is beyond my control? Help please! Tired of having to log in every single time I click on anything, I haven't changed any settings on my Tor, not sure what could be causing this, open to suggestions though.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

click on the remember me button when you login.

I wish it was that easy! I do that, every time I start a new session, but it doesn't seem to matter so I am at a loss, I will keep re-checking my browser settings and tor settings, maybe it is something in there, especially if no one else is having the issue.:joint:

I

IE2KS_KUSH

oh, holy shit, so far so good, usually it would have made me re log in just to quote and reply to you just then, maybe the shitacane has passed lol!

I

IE2KS_KUSH

OK, spoke to soon.
So after my last post here, I hit the user cp button, worked fine, that's why I thought maybe it was all better.
In my user cp, clicked on one of my subscribed threads, went there, all seemed fine, still logged in as myself at the top of the page, "yeah" I thought.
Went to give someone a rep, it says that I do not have permission to do this? But it shows that I am logged in? I go back to my user cp tab, open another subscribed thread, and of course, it opens and I am no longer logged in. That's the thing, it is so spontaneous I don't know what the hell or why it is happening, but it is annoying to say the least.
So any other suggestions or thoughts here? Yes, I clicked the remember me button, I click that every time, it doesn't seem to matter.
WTF?

Skip

Veteran
Keep track of the changes in the page urls. Make sure you're not going back and forth between https: and http: cause you should do one or the other. Report back with any unexpected urls.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

I will take note of that, but if I am....how er why er what am I doing and how do I fix that? Just clicking the links so, I dunno? Will report back.

gmanwho

Veteran
Ike2ks.. . This was one of the reasons i payed for the extended service for my proxy. the free version wouldn't keep track of log on info either. it would forget me after a few mins, sometimes faster.

B-safe

gmanwho

Veteran
picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:

gmanwho

Veteran
Used the inset image button on the above pic. Hopefully this will clear things up.

thank you skip..

The weird thing is thou, if i go back and try to edit the last message when i inserted the pic, the pic disappers from the message box completely. Even if i didnt edit anything....

B-safe

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Ike2ks.. . This was one of the reasons i payed for the extended service for my proxy. the free version wouldn't keep track of log on info either. it would forget me after a few mins, sometimes faster.

B-safe

Well it was working for quite a long while just fine, really it just started in the last week or so, I don't know if that's it. There isn't a pay for version of what I am using, so I dunno?

Skip, it hasn't been switching back and forth between the http and https, it is always http, so I don't think that is it. Is there anything else you can think of as far as troubleshooting this? Thanks for the help. I wonder if anyone else has this issue, surely you would have heard about it, which makes me think that it has to be a setting w/ my tor or in my browser? I may try to uninstall and then reinstall the vidalia bundle. I am subscribed to this so let me know if you think of anything else it could be.:joint:

Skip

Veteran
gmanwho - please check the underlying code of your images b4 you post them up. If you see your proxy service url show up, then it's not working right, and ppl will still see the login box for your service. Not cool. And I'm not sure of the fix as I don't use your service. Perhaps check with them for a fix.

gmanwho

Veteran
gmanwho - please check the underlying code of your images b4 you post them up. If you see your proxy service url show up, then it's not working right, and ppl will still see the login box for your service. Not cool. And I'm not sure of the fix as I don't use your service. Perhaps check with them for a fix.

I was finally able to view the code, and i did see the anonymouse nonsense. I will go back and edit my last posts all arround.

now i see the code finally, i was clicking the wrong a/a button,

Hopefully its done with...

B-safe

gmanwho

Veteran
Skip, this i bullshit. I use the editor, i delete the allll the annymouse code. so im basically left with the EXACT copy paste from the bb code for that the pic from the album.

I save it. i edit the message again, the crap is back.

Could it be that the code is with the picture now since it was uploaded throught the proxy to icmag??

It keeps coming back.

I saw u edited it as well. the anonymouse code keeps coming back.... WTF..

Skip

Veteran
Well first of all you have yet to indicate which method you are using to post images. There are several. So it's kinda hard to help ya...

And no, the problem has not come back in anything I've edited, including the picture you posted above otherwise you'd be clicking everytime you load this page.

gmanwho

Veteran
Well first of all you have yet to indicate which method you are using to post images. There are several. So it's kinda hard to help ya...

And no, the problem has not come back in anything I've edited, including the picture you posted above otherwise you'd be clicking everytime you load this page.

I start a message, open the forum albums tab, from the forum albums i select the picture. the picture loads in the 2nd browser window. i highlight & copy the BB code that has the IMG in the code.

I then past the code into the message.

I checekd the message u edited and the anonymouse code was in there.

How else could i post a large pic? If i have to go thumbnails thats fine. But even in a thread that i used the thumbnails, i deleted the anonymouse code, saved it. viewed the post again to make sure it worked. then edited it again to see if the code was gone and it reappeared.

I used the insert image option and it did the same..

Man o man this bites....

B-safe

Skip

Veteran
Have you tried using the link next to the message box, under the smilies, My photos/insert link?

That leads you to this page:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/photo_popup.php?e=vB_Editor_001

Let me know how it works for you.

BTW, when you do the album tab, you don't need to copy the img links, just drag the image into your message. Not sure if that would fix it or not for you.

wintermute

Changing Exit Nodes and Session State

Changing Exit Nodes and Session State

In my user cp, clicked on one of my subscribed threads, went there, all seemed fine, still logged in as myself at the top of the page, "yeah" I thought.
Went to give someone a rep, it says that I do not have permission to do this? But it shows that I am logged in? I go back to my user cp tab, open another subscribed thread, and of course, it opens and I am no longer logged in.

You indicated you are using Tor in a later post. Tor keeps circuits alive for a maximum period of 10 minutes unless it is a "long lived" port / circuit.

I suspect that when you are getting spontaneously logged out now it might be because your login is associated with a session cookie bound to an IP address where it started. Most sites don't do this precisely because it causes problems for AOL users and proxy users and whoever else. Skip might know :)

The other cause might be other Tor users at the same exit logging out, but again this would imply poor session tracking on the web server side and Skip seems more capable than this.

So my last guess is to have you turn on notice logging in Tor, use Vidalia or TorK to control it, and determine if your logging out is associated with changing exit behavior in Tor, and perhaps add port 443 and 80 to the long lived ports Tor option.

Also, please use HTTPS over Tor as much as possible, especially for logging in. Otherwise a rogue exit node, if/when they exist, can grab your account creds.

Good luck to you!

Latest posts

Latest posts