What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to post pics w/ the new v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Must be Safari because, I'm still on the Mac but, using Firefox with imported Safari settings, thumbs work drag and drop.

Last edited:

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
I'm on Macs using both Safari and Firefox. Uploading images fails systematically since several days back on both browsers.
I have been able to upload pics initially though with the v2, and I haven't changed any configurations since.
The server is suppose to adapt picture size/format automatically, so that can't be it. I simply get an announcement that the upload failed.

I t would be sweet if you could fix this permanently. A grower's web site without pictures is like a stag party without booze and strippers.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Doobies not draggin n dropping.....

Doobies not draggin n dropping.....

A grower's web site without pictures is like a stag party without booze and strippers.
I downloaded and installed this Firefox just because people here were getting it to work dragging thumbnails,.. not I. The Firefox was very slow and lagged terribly on my PC so I have returned to IE. I hope someday I'll find why it is I can't seem to get the new drag n drop feature to work as I'm spending a considerable amount of time trying. I keep checking for updates too! DD

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
Hmmm, I have been reading that pics have become much more of a pita to get onto the site. One of my favourite things about this site was the ease and simplicity of pic uploads.

Looks like that has gone the way of the T-rex. Oh well, I guess no more pics will be uploaded by me. Well, at least we don't have to store em on photobucket and link em from there. (I hate those type of forums, won't join them...)

The pic issue is really the only thing I think went downhill with the upgrade. everything else seems fine to me. Can't we go back to the old upload method? IC was the best site of any I frequent for pic uploads by far... (pre-upgrade)

It just won't be the same... :rasta:

Peace

Edit: Saw in the IC 2.0 thread that the old gallery system might be re-instated. Here's to hoping... :yes:

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Skip said elsewhere, recently, that he's reworking the thumbs in the OLD galleries so we'll have the option of Albums or Galleries. That's a lot of files. Let's cut Skip some slack here. He's busting his hump and deserves our thanks and support.

...... add .........

Here's the link http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=109890

Last edited:

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Sure, I'm all for slack, but it's not about dragging and dropping thumbnails, or problems with the old vs the new galleries.

It's the fact that me and a whole lot of other growers can't upload pictures to the server, it just doesn't work.

So from my point of view, that's the main problem that should be dealt with first, and the minor bugs can be dealt with later.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let's cut Skip some slack here. He's busting his hump and deserves our thanks and support.

Freezer Boy I have supported Skip and thanked him many times in many threads and in his rep for the effort he is putting into this. Actually more thanks than any one you could name. I hope you weren't refering to my post when mentioning deserves our thanks and support and it was just a coincedance that your post came after mine because my support has always been strong for Skip? Skip will get it done..I was just pointing out my problems and I continue to look for updates. DD

Last edited:

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
still tryin to get in myself...to upload photos. I've logged out and then back in... I'm set to the enhanced setting...:wallbash:

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
Not too worried about it, the site is still plenty readable. ! realize my previous post was in error, the old galleries aren't coming back. I'll get used to the new setup...

Peace

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Freezer Boy I have supported Skip and thanked him many times in many threads and in his rep for the effort he is putting into this.

Doob, Sorry for any slight you felt. It wasn't aimed at any individual and certainly not you. Just a general call to brotherhood along with the good news that the old galleries are coming back. Hope we're cool :friends:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We are very cool FB....just a unfortunate issue the photo posting ..it means a lot to all of us..thanks...DD

justanotherbozo

Veteran
:lurk:

drag and drop didn't work for me when i tried it so i'll just keep doin' it my way.

oh, and i put a tute together showing how i do it.
if you're interested and still having trouble, check it out, it's in my sig.

peace,
bozo
:headbange

G

guest5703

just trying this out ;)

This sucks...I dont really want thumbnails but I cant upload in the old gallery...how do you make these thumbnails larger???
picture.php

Ok so its small or huge for me i guess....lol

Last edited:

justanotherbozo

Veteran
high cali, that is one sweet bud man, very tasty lookin'! :respect:

btw, if you use thumbnails in your posts, the full sized shots can be much
bigger, plus, navigation is made more difficult with pics spanning a page and
a half. not to mention how much more difficult it is for those folks still
crawlin' along on dial-up, those big pictures must take forever for them.

anyway, beautiful photography too man!

FreezerBoy

Veteran
just trying this out ;)

Just so you know, your thumbnail has far more useful information. I can see it. With a 19" monitor set to 1600x1200, the large pic is cut off. I can't see it without scrolling. If you keep thumbs small and originals to 800x600 or smaller, more people will see your pics.

Skip

Veteran
OK, I've just installed an upgraded photo popup that can list both your Forum Albums and Old Gallery images. You have a lot of options you can select too. Plus you don't need to be able to drag, you can just click and the link will appear in your reply box.

I hope this solves the problem for most of you.

Just click on the link under the smilies and select which Photo system you wish to retrieve your images from. Then click on the image, (don't drag the image!) and it will appear in your reply box. If you aren't in the enhanced editor you will see the raw code, not the image itself, but it will show up in the post.

I'm leaving the other buttons to your galleries so you can upload images into either from this page. (the popup doesn't have that feature yet).

newphotopopup.jpg

One more difference between the new popup and the gallery links. The new popup ONLY works in the reply box where you initiated it. Whereas the gallery links will allow you to drag images into text boxes anywhere on the site. So you can keep those windows open for your session.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow Skip...

Wow Skip...

Whereas the gallery links will allow you to drag images into text boxes anywhere on the site. So you can keep those windows open for your session.
Old Tiered Webmaster..does this ^^ mean that images can be dragged in chat as well? Thanks again Skip for your continued, on going, endless efforts..DD

Skip

Veteran
Nope, we're not allowing the posting of images directly into the chatroom... Nice thought though... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.