What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to post pics w/ the new v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Skip, I reread the first post and doubled down to make sure I understood it!!! The thumbnails in the new gallery, in my new folder named down the garden path will not drag!
I'm assumein that the drag photos works the same way I would drag a desktop icon to the recycle bin, yes? There is noghost image that moves noly a slash in a circle, when it gets to the text area it turns into a bent arrow pointing to a dash outlined box that opens a window to leave comment to photo!

Sorry it just won't work, any HELP PLEASE??? Thanks in advance Sticky!!!

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I logged in with safari. I can do everything on safari on current OS X that i've been doing in xp. The bummer is i thought I had the photo thing figured out. I don't. I can upload and pull photos from my old gallery but I don't have a new gallery or forum album. When I click 'forum albums' or 'pictures and albums' in the networking menu, or 'member albums' in the site menu, or 'my albums' in the profile menu I get an error message.
Well how do I create a member album. I'm out of things to click and settings to change.
RM

Retardo Motabon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can anybody tell me how they got to the forum albums? Did you have to create an album to upload into somewhere or did you just click the forum albums button and it took you there? I have no more settings to change or menu options left to try. I've reread post ! in this thread a good number of times already and it doesn't address the problem I am having. The step by step doesn't include how to get to or create these albums I keep hearing about. I'm getting really discouraged with this.:wallbash:

I can use the old gallery still I guess.:confused::beat-dead

Skip

Veteran
thanks for the response. I could see that the ICMag supporters didn't have the right permission set for albums. Sorry about that, but all the new features need the permissions set right for each and every usergroup. A real pain since there are so many unnecessary usergroups here....

Skip

Veteran
Hi Skip, I reread the first post and doubled down to make sure I understood it!!! The thumbnails in the new gallery, in my new folder named down the garden path will not drag!
I'm assumein that the drag photos works the same way I would drag a desktop icon to the recycle bin, yes? There is noghost image that moves noly a slash in a circle, when it gets to the text area it turns into a bent arrow pointing to a dash outlined box that opens a window to leave comment to photo!

Sorry it just won't work, any HELP PLEASE??? Thanks in advance Sticky!!!

What browser are you using? You can always try holding down the control key when you drag. That sometimes works.

You do see a light GREEN background in the Enhanced Text Editor window, right?

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
OK - just to let you know I DO have Enhanced options ON - running IE7. I can't switch to Firefox on this machine right now, and I don't use Apple products if I can help it. Here's what I can do - if I click on the forum albums thumbnail, it will now load the image in the album window, correctly. Previously, it loaded into the reply window, so there's a definite improvement there! And I can now drag the large image into my thread, though I don't like to:

picture.php

All I can't figure out is how to just have a clickable thumbnail in the thread, linked to the large image page. Anyone give me a tip? I can see others doing it...:(

Retardo Motabon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for letting Me know Skip!
Whenever it gets changed is fine, now that I know why it wouldn't work for me. It was just making me crazy, I couldn't think of what I hadn't tried to make things work. Sorry for the added venting, I know ya got your hands full, and answering every user question while your trying to work doesn't make it any easier, more enjoyable or less frustrating!
The site ran very well in safari on OS X. No probs, private browsing worked fine with logging in and such. I didn't try firefox on the mac but safari ran it great. Keep up the good work!
RM

Hi Skip! I'm useing Internet explorer with AOL as a server, I've also gotten the same results with FireFox! Sorry I only see a WHITE area background area in the Advanced text editor window!
I'll try to hold down on the comtrol key when I drag!!! I'll try this right now as I edit this advanced reply post!!! Lets see what happens!!!

OK still can't drag pic while holding Cntrl ans tryin to drag, not working!!!

The text background is still white, dosen't work!!!

STILL NEED HELP!!! ALL HELP STILL GREATLY APPRECIATED, THANKS SKIP, ANYMORE SUGGESTIONS? tHANKS FOR ALL HELP, sTICKY

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Tried all the fixes (except Firefox, not a fan) to no avail. With the help of PeteMoss, here's a workaround for MacOSX/Safari Users The jig is in the form of a gif because it doesn't print in the post as typed.

picture.php

Control-Click on your thumbnail, COPY IMAGE and paste between the quotes. Control-Click again, COPY IMAGE ADDRESS and paste between the img brackets. Voila! Linked thumbnail.

Last edited:

Norkali

Elevator man, I know what you are getting at, and the only way that I have found to do it is out of your 'old gallery'.

The clickable picture in the thread is going to be displayed at whatever size you dragged it at, if that makes sense.... The 'new gallery' has either tiny thumbnails, or the full size version, no in-between. So, to do what you want, you have to upload pics to your old gallery, and drag from the 'preview' box; which is almost what I want, as it links to the gallery, not just a tab w/ the pic. :wallbash:

All I, and I think Elevator Man, want to do is be able to post pics in the same way as the OP in threads like this.

MyAssIsGrass

?_?
Veteran
Sorry I only see a WHITE area background area in the Advanced text editor window!
I'll try to hold down on the comtrol key when I drag!!! I'll try this right now as I edit this advanced reply post!!! Lets see what happens!!!

OK still can't drag pic while holding Cntrl ans tryin to drag, not working!!!

The text background is still white, dosen't work!!!
Sounds like you still haven't changed your user options to Enhanced Interface and you are still not clicking the right reply button. It's all there in the first post

All I, and I think Elevator Man, want to do is be able to post pics in the same way as the OP in threads like this.
It's important to note that you can no longer post thumbnails from the old gallery, only the new gallery/albums can create a small thumbnail

Command-Click on your thumbnail, COPY IMAGE and paste between the quotes. Command-Click again, COPY IMAGE ADDRESS and paste between the img brackets. Voila! Linked thumbnail.
Having to write out the whole board code every time you want to post a thumbnail seems like unnecessarily hard work, hopefully Skip will find a solution to that for you Safari users

G

Greyskull

picture.php

CLICK AND DRAG WORKED FOR ME!
I had to open the picture I wanted to post in another window, but then I was able to drag it into the text box.

KICK ASS!

now how do I get the picture to be more thumbnaily.....

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Having to write out the whole board code every time you want to post a thumbnail seems like unnecessarily hard work, hopefully Skip will find a solution to that for you Safari users

If I had to write it by hand, I probably wouldn't. With the jig on file, it's down to a couple of copy/paste clicks. Hopefully, it's just a stop gap while we wait for the dust to settle.

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
Ya I got it to work for one day. Posted like two pics, and now, When I try to drag an image into my post, it changes from the post reply screen, to a large image of the pics I was trying to post. WTF? It was working, but now it's all screwed, I would like to think that it is user error, but I have followed the directions in this thread to the TEE.
And yes I switched to enhanced interface. I hope it is just qwerks that need to be worked out.

Edit: just lost this whole post tryin to get a pic into this reply. The window I am typing this in( the same one I tried to drag and drop a pic into) diappeared, took me to my album. I know its a glitch. But this is a major one for sure.

little j

this is interesting. before i read this thread i found my "old" gallery and was able to click and drag a photo from it into the message i was writing without having to double click it first. this was simple. i thought no problem. But, then i couldn't figure out how to upload a new pic. after finding this thread and reading i switched the enhanced thing to enhanced as suggested. NOW i must double click my pic in my old gallery twice to enlarge and then i can drag it to my message. ok. whatever. but, i must ask the dumb question now. in the "new" gallery, where are my pics? must i move all my old pics to the new gallery. do i simply create a new gallery with any new pics i upload. (my old pics stay in old gallery forever for me to get to whenever i want them) (now i have 2 gallery??)
im still playing around with this.
little jhttp://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=413410&sort=1&cat=500&page=17http://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=413410&size=big&sort=1&cat=500

little j

well i guess my test above did not work. i dragged that photo from my old gallery without doudle clicking and with double clicking it open and then dragging it over. obviously that didnt work for me.

G

Greyskull

When you click on the the "Forum Albums", a box aout 25% of the screen pops up so you can veiw your photo albums.

Click on the album you want to use and it will open displaying the pics saved in said album.

RIGHT CLICK on the image you want to use, then select "OPEN IN A NEW WINDOW"
*****I have found it best to resize the new window so it is 50%)....*****

Place your mouse over the image that is in the new window (it will be the promary focus of the window).

LEFT CLICK & HOLD.

Bring the mouse into the new text box (aka dragging the pic into the box from the album).
*****this is why I suggest 50% minimizing on the album item window*****

RELEASE LEFT KEY.
You will have dropped in a picture.

I am not as cool or cpu literate as some of you but hopefully this helps because the feature does work we just have to get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts