What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD Tested every batch, SALES?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
My question is broad in general and for MMJ Patients. I live in North Dakota. We are voting on Measure #5 in November. If it passes I plan on being a MMJ provider and tester. Would you like to see every batch of a sold as (high CBD strain) to be tested with the results present or posted for each strain at time of sale? I intend to do this with every strain I provide CBD or not. I'm not looking at being the biggest grower in the state. But I feel if I provide this honest information with every sale. I would like to be the most trusted provider in the state. I grow organically in soil with fish emulsions for fertilizers and nutrients. Pests are controlled with lady bugs. If they fail to correct any issues the plants get culled not sprayed. Does this really matter to you as a consumer? Would you be more likely to purchase verified MMJ that is consistently the same product? I'm just doing some research before I spend $15,000 on equipment. I will most likely buy the equipment anyway. I feel it's the right way to do business. Thanks for your thoughts. Peace

Team Sift

I think most customers will expect test results for all strains anyway.
Thought that was already a standard?
Or are you saying something else?

Good job on no spraying pesticides, more people need to go this route.
Both issues should be standards.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Team Sift, From a recent trip to a legal state many high CBD strains were only indica in general. This may have been relayed poorly from under trained sales people. Any testing results available were word of mouth or old copied print outs. I felt a full cannabinoid break down of every new batch from every strain would be nice as a consumer. And in this break down pesticides and chemical fertilizers would be included. I don't believe this should be used in any marijuana let alone medical use. Peace

Last edited:

sadpanda

Interesting question! when it comes to fruit all we care is that it tastes good, it never gets tested for sugar content or whatever lol, but I guess comparing medicine to fruit is trivialising things... personally i think it's probably best not to enforce testing; there'll still be enough companies that do do testing, for those patients who demand tested medicine, and they'll probably have to pay a bit extra for that, but those who're happy with whatever Grandma Smith is growing can also just choose that if they want... CHOICE!

R

Robrites

My question is broad in general and for MMJ Patients. I live in North Dakota. We are voting on Measure #5 in November. If it passes I plan on being a MMJ provider and tester. Would you like to see every batch of a sold as (high CBD strain) to be tested with the results present or posted for each strain at time of sale? I intend to do this with every strain I provide CBD or not. I'm not looking at being the biggest grower in the state. But I feel if I provide this honest information with every sale. I would like to be the most trusted provider in the state. I grow organically in soil with fish emulsions for fertilizers and nutrients. Pests are controlled with lady bugs. If they fail to correct any issues the plants get culled not sprayed. Does this really matter to you as a consumer? Would you be more likely to purchase verified MMJ that is consistently the same product? I'm just doing some research before I spend $15,000 on equipment. I will most likely buy the equipment anyway. I feel it's the right way to do business. Thanks for your thoughts. Peace
In Oregon all products will be tested for potency and contaminants/pesticides. I think most legal states require at least some form of testing.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Robrites, They may or may not require a certain amount of testing. If a grower tested his own and made results available for everything sold. Would you be more inclined to purchase from that grower? This would be made at the growers expense not the customers. I feel If I did this on my own it would force the rest of the (medical growers) to step up in quality in time as a whole. Then medical patients are getting higher quality meds without chemicals in them. There is way to much crap being used trying to boost quantity. Imo Peace

R

Robrites

Robrites, They may or may not require a certain amount of testing. If a grower tested his own and made results available for everything sold. Would you be more inclined to purchase from that grower? This would be made at the growers expense not the customers. I feel If I did this on my own it would force the rest of the (medical growers) to step up in quality in time as a whole. Then medical patients are getting higher quality meds without chemicals in them. There is way to much crap being used trying to boost quantity. Imo Peace
Retail customers can not buy from growers here. Medical and recreational customers must buy from government approved shops. Products must be tested before the shops can buy it. In this state, there is a major shortage of approved testing companies so maybe that is something you can get a jump on in your state.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Robrites, That was my line of thinking. I realize patients aren't buying from growers. It wouldn't be hard for them to be informed on who is growing their medicines. Then they would have the choice of growers they choose to support. Many people are content with draft Bud Light. I enjoy Guinness Blonde or Corona. I guess the market will determine what it is willing to support. Peace

angelgoob

They really effed up with the whole growers can't be sellers? Is that really what they did? I guess they wanted to make it bureaucratic enough.

kwiik

Just do!! The whole industry needs people to start been clear about what they make... And quickly enough no-one would want to buy non-tested stuff!!

DJbigbud

How is measure 5 working out for you?

Mengsk

Farmerlion you're doing the Lord's work as they say. I'm not particularly aligned with any one religion but I think that is a phrase most people are familiar with. When you look around and see who is honest you might feel nearly alone. Here in CA the lab tests fail sometimes. And as with many things in life do not ultimately know who to trust.

Quite similar scenario where surprisingly little has changed. What I mean is some cannabis is clean and well grown and free of any harmful stuff, among if not the best I've ever seen without question. And then some of what is grown is toxic/tainted/poisoned/contaminated however much or little. The lab testing equipment is expensive, and training and hiring employees is also expensive. Once you've set that up you need a steady flow of samples coming through the door. If they fail that means what an entire operation is out of business from one result? They will either get another test or sell the product elsewhere. When there is money involved you might see the occasional scam. Separating that from just calling the entire test process a scam, is really a bit difficult.

Instead of a central mediator or one authority, it seems like places are posting their best results or campaigning or advertising their particular lab product. This is similar to what we see in science, as I don't think many people among the general public look at medical research stuff too closely. The information that is available, is positive results published more or less independently. Well excuse me it's called peer review only have a look at the sponsors and authors' board positions try and figure that out. What you do not see is a list of negative results, or one main authority which houses all the results. It is understandable for a few reasons but may also be concealing information.

It is a victory the measure made it on the ballot. When I was in Ohio in 2015 there was a legalization measure on the ballot which received about 33% yes. Voter turnout these days is about the lowest of any developed nation I think, less than 50%. You've got financial interests against you on one side and then the public who may not actually know anything about MMJ.

That is a big voter block - when you have people who vote against something they don't know or haven't seen before.

Cannabis education in schools, would have a different voter turnout 18 years from now, than dare to keep kids out of jail or whatever it is that some of us were taught as youth.

Last edited:

adawg362

Yea, its good to have batch testing. Most consumers expect it nowadays. Especially for CBD. New laws make it mandatory to have samples tested for THC content to make sure it is below legal limits.

cyat

Veteran
I test my own just like you want to. 100% pesticide free , and 35% thc every time!!!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Interesting question! when it comes to fruit all we care is that it tastes good, it never gets tested for sugar content or whatever lol, but I guess comparing medicine to fruit is trivialising things... personally i think it's probably best not to enforce testing; there'll still be enough companies that do do testing, for those patients who demand tested medicine, and they'll probably have to pay a bit extra for that, but those who're happy with whatever Grandma Smith is growing can also just choose that if they want... CHOICE!

You can and should wash off fruit. Not so much with cannabis unless you wash it with a solvent. :biggrin:

As for testing, a guy around here had 7ac of hemp flower he was hawking. The state tests 2 weeks or sooner before harvest, so his report is somewhat current but only really tests the cannabinoids. He claims he grew organic, but who really knows?

But how does a retail buyer get that data on buds in a jar? No accountability, even if those were the same buds as a report. Same with dispensaries IMO, definitely risky on delivery which in SoCal is displacing dispensaries (at least the one I used).

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
No longer able to smoke bud or do my own extracts I now rely on a local pot shop.

Pictured are the labels off my favored CBD and THC strains.
The contained information is above the mandated minimum required but I really appreciate knowing.
From this in depth listing it only took a dozen varieties of extracts to determine it was almost entirely the larger molecule terpenes causing my heart/lung problems. Carbon monoxide caused the problems with smoking bud which is why the switch to extracts in the first place.

Disclaimer: I read ingredient labels in grocery stores as well, a habit passed on to my children.

Our state requires a serial number for each plant along with the DNA profile. AND an attached RFID chip on each plant, readable from outside the greenhouse.
The labels list pesticides as well as breaking down the various analogues present in quantities larger than .01%

I for one encourage the practice.

Attachments

• CBD on left, THC on right.jpg
    CBD on left, THC on right.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 90

Latest posts

Latest posts