What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please help this dog in need.

Scrappy-doo

The go fund me has $20. Says they need $1600. Did the dog just show up, or was that a previous winter?

I live on "dog dump drive", and the dawgs I have now are abandoned strays.

It was several years ago. She's had a home ever since, so aside from this life has been pretty good for her.

She went to the vet for what was thought to be a urinary tract infection. Not sure what causes a stone to form in the bladder but it looks painful.

Scrappy-doo

Thank you for trying to help your friend and his family/ pet.
His heart must be aching. His little Muchkin is adorable and bless him for taking her in.

Don't listen to the naysayer here and stay the course.
Some folks just gotta gobble up the attention for themselves even when (and especially if) it is negative.
Disruption is all these types understand.

The least I can do is to share the Go Fund me.

Best of luck for little Munchkin.

Thank you for sharing!

Anyone else who has social media... If you want to help but can't donate, please consider sharing the link.

:tiphat:

shithawk420

Veteran
When I made my thread almost a year ago I wasn't asking for money.just advice.but you awesome guys here helped because your good people.just wanna address that now.

My uncle is in a similar situation.his pitter got hurt.we think maybe one of our horses kicked her or something.we went to a chiropractor friend of ours who also does acupuncture.so he says I'll help you once but I'm not gonna keep doing it cause he could lose his liscence.so I guess my uncle got a hold of a vet at Brookfield zoo somehow who can do the acupuncture treatment but he can't afford it.believe it or not the acupuncture works.she couldn't walk or nothing.but I honestly don't think it's gonna keep working.i have no idea.i just saw this thread and wanted to let people know that Acupuncture is real.never would of thunk it on a dog.hope Scrappy-Doos buddy gets his dog help.human or animal shouldn't matter.all living things deserve compassion

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
If your local dog pound has a web page showing all the animals they have taken in, and knowing they will be killed if they are not bailed out of there... what is a person to do? It used to break my heart when my dawg would come up missing, and I had to go down there to do a cage by cage check myself looking for them.

We can't save 'em all.

Sunshineinabag

When I made my thread almost a year ago I wasn't asking for money.just advice.but you awesome guys here helped because your good people.just wanna address that now.

My uncle is in a similar situation.his pitter got hurt.we think maybe one of our horses kicked her or something.we went to a chiropractor friend of ours who also does acupuncture.so he says I'll help you once but I'm not gonna keep doing it cause he could lose his liscence.so I guess my uncle got a hold of a vet at Brookfield zoo somehow who can do the acupuncture treatment but he can't afford it.believe it or not the acupuncture works.she couldn't walk or nothing.but I honestly don't think it's gonna keep working.i have no idea.i just saw this thread and wanted to let people know that Acupuncture is real.never would of thunk it on a dog.hope Scrappy-Doos buddy gets his dog help.human or animal shouldn't matter.all living things deserve compassion

Can cbd help I wonder

shithawk420

Veteran
It probably wouldn't hurt sunshine.thats very possible.but it's a disalighnment of the spine.i really don't know and is a good point.do we have any vets here that could chime in?

Cuddles

Hey guys, dontaions for this cute dogs OP have reached 1,600!

WOW SO cool and also very generous of everyone who has managed to donate a little something. Big THUMBS UP guys!!!!

Gry

Glad he got the funds, look forward to hearing that the surgery worked out well.

Scrappy-doo

Unfortunately I'm not communicating with the dog owner anymore. I feel bad because I started this thread, and I won't be able to update the status of Munchkin. I would assume there will be updates on the gofundme. I'm satisfied that I was able to raise the money partially from this thread, as well as on several other sites where I worked very hard to scrape up every dollar donated. The goal was reached, and I very much hope Munchkin gets the help she needs. From here it is out of my hands.

Scrappy-doo

I don't want to get into what happened, but yes there was an incident and I decided that I needed to disconnect from the owner.

It's all good. As long as that dog gets her surgery, I'm happy about it. A bladder stone left untreated is most likely a death sentence, and a painful one at that. At least now she will get to live and be for a while longer.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Sometimes I feel like I have one too many dawgs. The old boxer/bulldog one that was dumped on the road and wandered into my yard several years ago, has laid a messy smelly turd on he laundry room floor, that I need to clean up.

Might be my fault for not feeding them until later at night.

Wake and bake buzzkill.

Cuddles

Just how many dogs do you have mate? kinda sounds like a lot.

Yes, dogs should be fed at regular and well timed hours too :)

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I keep between 2 and 3. Right now it's 2, and when that old shit finally crosses the bridge, it's be just my sweet little girl and I (until another walks into the yard). Problem is these mutts have become seriously spoiled, and won't eat canned dawg food. They know I eat meat, and they want their share.

Being a one man show, I am sometimes too busy until the evening to slow down and think about food, until after dark.

Cuddles

I know what you mean. I usually only have one meal per day. I hardly ever eat breakfast and normally don´t get hungry until after 2 pm.

But if you wanna avoid doggie mishaps, perhaps it might be a good idea to create a daily schedule for their feeding times?

I had a dog growing up and we, or should I say my mum in particular found out that this helps. It´s better for the dogs too. They also get hungry at certain times of the day.

Cuddles

I don't want to get into what happened, but yes there was an incident and I decided that I needed to disconnect from the owner.

It's all good. As long as that dog gets her surgery, I'm happy about it. A bladder stone left untreated is most likely a death sentence, and a painful one at that. At least now she will get to live and be for a while longer.
I´m sorry to hear about this bust up. Especially when you helped this guy to raise money for his dog. But you did and it was very kind of you to help out :ying: