What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best outdoor northern strains?

juggernaut

Lookingfor both indicas and indica/sativas.

We get such an early frost in Ontario. The first frost usually happens by Oct 1.

I'mthinking about Shiva skunk and Scotts OG so far.

Fast flowering, mold resistant, Potent, tasty.

lLucky

I've never grown outdoor but can have a damp and cold climate here too, would be interesting to try it with a strain that could stand it!

dufous

Serious Six finished the end of August for me at 42N.

Bangi Haze finished the end of September. Yields well, no PM, mold resistant.

Mandala #1 was my best all around strain, finishing about mid-September. It's been discontinued and replaced by Fast and Glorious, which I have not grown out yet.

Purple Paro Valley is an excellent strain for Northern Growers like yourself. It will finish about the third week of September. Very relaxing and lightly euphoric.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In Uk, 55N , the best i grew were the Gorilla Gold strains from canada. ripened in sept and october. Potent too. That was a few years ago... not sure if they are still available ?
Breeder brad still around ?

troutman

Seed Whore
In Uk, 55N , the best i grew were the Gorilla Gold strains from canada. ripened in sept and october. Potent too. That was a few years ago... not sure if they are still available ?

Breeder Brad is around if you know how to find him. ;)

Not sure he's in this forum though. I just let him know people looking for him here anyways. :tiphat:

bibi40

For me at 44N :

Killer kush fast version
Black jack fast version
Green poison

Critical+
Mango sapphire

all ready before or end of september .
all potent :tiphat:

djonkoman

Veteran
my recommendation would be hybrids from hell. early enough for pretty far north. (I'm around lat 53, multiple of the hfh strains finish before mid september here)

guerilla gold is still around, I know 3 sites selling it(one sells gg#1, another gg#3, and the third does not list which version it is)

el mani

Veteran
this year ...
bubblegum from th seeds and eddy x h.h from O.D (delicatessen sseds) are already upside
Yesterday photo
picture.php

Always from seed it depends on the pheno. Cuttings start earlier.
others that I remember very early grapefruit from female seeds, lilly or jauja from delicatessen

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I grew a Purple Satellite from VemontMan from Ace. It's supposed to do well up north. And it's early bloomer and early finisher.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Ive been wanting to find some keepers from marroccan genetics such as Ketama, Early Maroc or Purple Maroc since they are very early finishing photoperiod. Critical, Critical Mass and Critical+ 2.0 are others Im interested in for quick finish and heavy yield.

Dutch Passion Auto Mazar and Auto Ultimate definitely have my attention as well, people have pulled 1lb from Auto Mazar and 1000g from Auto Ultimate.

First generation cross of photoperiod strain with autoflowering strain gives semi autoflowering plants that trigger flowering sooner and finish faster as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts