What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How about that silver?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
It went up a dollah in an hour. Ratio is 80 now.

silver.gif

It looks like the GIF updates, so I will not post it anymore.

Last edited:

brickweeder

here's hoping for a revisit of 30:1 and perhaps lower. Just make sure to pull the trigger at predetermined ratios, so that you go on auto-mode if/when the ratios hit.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
here's hoping for a revisit of 30:1 and perhaps lower. Just make sure to pull the trigger at predetermined ratios, so that you go on auto-mode if/when the ratios hit.

Well, your post was clear as mud. Why do you not share with us when to "pull the trigger?" We need your insight. Share with us like I did in the cryptocurrency thread that I started back in March of 2020? Everyone who followed me is DEEP in the GREEN with a boatload more coming.

St. Phatty

Well, your post was clear as mud. Why do you not share with us when to "pull the trigger?" We need your insight. Share with us like I did in the cryptocurrency thread that I started back in March of 2020? Everyone who followed me is DEEP in the GREEN with a boatload more coming.

>>Just make sure to pull the trigger at predetermined ratios

Maybe, the PM investing version of the old saying

"Plan your work & Work your plan"

if/when Silver is $40 an ounce, thoughts like "i'm rich !" are not helpful.

maybe when Silver is $40, I can use that to pay down debt, as one example.

brickweeder

I like to keep things simple.When the silver/gold ratio hits the numbers below, I'll sell slv and buy gold:

45:1
40:1
35:1
30:1
25:1
20:1
15:1
10:1
5:1
4:1
3:1
2:1
1:1

Will these be reached? Who the heck knows (anything below 25:1 is doubtful), but if they are hit, I'll trade silver (or slv) for gold or just buy gold for later conversion to silver at higher ratios.

When the ratios are extreme the other way, I'll trade gold (or gld) for silver, or just buy silver (or slv) outright (like back in March during the smack down) for a later conversion to gold at a lower ratio.

This is basically what flylowgethigh said to do...something like trade silver for gold at 50:1. I just keep some dry powder for lower ratios IF they are hit.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Ratio was roughly 20-1 when we circulated gold and silver as money.

They have watered the dollar down from DX of 103 in March to a DX of 93 now. That is why the stawk market, metals, food, and small airplanes are up in "dollars". FU munchkin.

brickweeder

Go Robinhooders!

Here is a close in of the monthly chart of the dollar index, it has broke below the support line (neckline), at the end of what looks like a 10-year inclined head and shoulder pattern. Don't know if its valid, but it's not a pretty chart if you want to preserve your purchasing power and you intend to hold dolares.

Attachments

• DXY 7-27-20.jpg
    DXY 7-27-20.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
This ratio correction thing is a lot of phun when there is fresh retail chuming the waters.

Almost scary to see the POS (which is Price of Silver, but has also been a good descriptor for the white metal the last 10 years, piece of shit) rise so fast.

A bubble like we may be heading into is the best way to unload bars, especially 100oz JM 3x9 trash that doesn't even have serial numbers. I will try the local dealer trading with those first, to gage real phyzz demand and supply. The idea is to trade for gold coins. 5 bars for a tube of leafs or eagles (settle for buffalos, which I love, but they come in bubble wrap), when the ratio hits 50. We'll see.

Last edited:

St. Phatty

one thing to keep an eye on is, Margin Requirements.

The amount of Debt that DME traders & participants are allowed to have.

On April 30 and every other day for a week, they tightened up credit on the CME for silver trades. back in 2011.

if there was a way to see how much of the money that is going into the market is leveraged, that would be good.

i don't know how to get that data, other than to ask a guy like John Williams, a career economic stats guy that gets paid to interpret post-Reagan economic BS from the US gov.

i have a feeling you might have to pay money, or be a member of some exchange, which costs money.

anyway CME tightening credit rules won't affect prices much if nobody is using credit.

but it definitely affected prices in 2011. if people had known the amount of leverage that went into the 2011 Silver high, they would have had a hint that it was a good time to take profits & sell.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
They raised margin 5 times in very short order, which (along with the ship they found) put the kybosh on the rally. We had a chance on the double top to sell. I didn't. Instead on the way down I bot more, starting at $28 10ox bars. I kept going with boxes when they were 8600. Now they are 19K!

The real phyzz ratio is closer to 70...

https://www.apmex.com/product/35629/100-oz-silver-bar-johnson-matthey = $32/0z

https://www.apmex.com/product/1/1-oz-gold-american-eagle-bu-random-year = $2100

2100/32 = 65

$5 per ounce premium on bars. That is the real price, nor paper spot.

Last edited:

brickweeder

I’ll start rebuying in small lots if pos drops to 21.8, increasing my size as it goes down, while reserving dry powder for a deep correction if that happens. The deeper the correction goes, I’ll layer some buys on the silver miners. If silver instead continues to run, I’ll sell small trading positions of slv i bought in the last correction to increase my supply of dry powder for when the deep correction comes. Keeping position sizes fairly small while retaining core positions of cash and slv/miners so I can buy weakness and sell strength at any price point between $5 and $100. Gonna try to ride this like a surfer rides a wave.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
IMO,this smackdown might have had something to with a big player and derivitives. The way some big player sold (at a loss of profits) relentlessly in the off hours tells of desperation. IMO, the ratio is being held over 80 for some reason. Wait until OPEX to see if I am right. JPM has a lot of phyzz they can deploy when they need to.

I only watch the ratio now. I would gold on any dollar strength, which at 93.20 right now is not in the cards. The dollar was 103 back in March, because it was valuable and needed to repay debts, which the banks were accruing rapidly. They needed dollars badly.

Now the fed is printing money and buying bad debts, so the banks don't need to use their own money to cover losses. This was the bailout they called wuflu relief.

This financial crisis is being covered up with the wuflu BS, and the idiots in this country are falling for the con.

https://quotes.ino.com/charting/?s=ICE_DX&v=i

FU muncher. FU powell.

Last edited: