What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Light Dep

BChydro

Howdy-

This summer will be diving into light dep.

I will be planning on doing it without electricity.

I’m in northern Vermont and plan to start flowering the light dep hoop house around mid may /early june.

I planning pulling blackout around 5 Pm, then taking it back off once it’s complete darkness(9-10pm) for a 12-12. Will adjust according to sunrise and set.

Was planning on using a 15x15 hoophouse. Potentially building another one also. If i’m
pulling one tarp mine as well pull 2.

So what should I be on the lookout for, what should I do that i’m missing.

Oh yeah, How do you measure the blackout amount needed.

Length X how big my hoops are when they are flat?

I want my blackout tarp to cover both end walls right?

Just worried about Pm and stuff with having it covered with no airflow for 4 hours potentially.

Good preventive sprays in veg.

Stank J.P.

Hi bud, you’re definitely gonna need total darkness (cover the ends) and I really like setting up some intake and exhaust on these things if possible. For the panda film, I always get a piece that’s for sure too big so I can have extra material after I cut it to fit. Hope some of that helps.

BChydro

Hi bud, you’re definitely gonna need total darkness (cover the ends) and I really like setting up some intake and exhaust on these things if possible. For the panda film, I always get a piece that’s for sure too big so I can have extra material after I cut it to fit. Hope some of that helps.

Intake / exhaust with no electricty, would love to know how it’s done

Stank J.P.

My b, just saw no electricity. I'd probably spray a lot of silica in there to try and fight pm. I suppose a sulfur burner could help too, not sure if they can be used without power. Good luck n have fun!

Intake / exhaust with no electricty, would love to know how it’s done

Check out Light Dep Solutions they sell snap fans and solar panels. The fans run when the suns out. Could also rig em up to car batteries when suns down. I’m gonna get something rigged up soon still gotta build my gh but I’m goin auto dep off grid. I don’t live where I grow so I can’t wait to see how it all works. It’ll be nice knowing everything runs when I’m not there.

CrushnYuba

You could use a solar panel and a dc fan. I wouldn't get from some fancy grow place. Id use eBay or something. Just a 12v fan and 12v solar panel.

Allot of people do it here with no issues but it's super dry here. A few hours ain't shit. It's really really humid where you are. horizontal air movement fans save the day in high humidity grows. A small exhaust fan will also help.

Seems like around here people spray sulfur exclusively now. You can't spray sulfur if you use oils so they really only use sulfur. Used preventatively, you def won't get pm. You most likely won't have bug issues either. The only thing that sulfur won't protect against is bud rot. To prevent bud rot, you just need healthy plants and horizontal air movement.

I would make sure any greenhouse i used out there has a roof but doesn't have sides. You want as much airflow as you can get. I would just want to protect against rain.

BChydro

You could use a solar panel and a dc fan. I wouldn't get from some fancy grow place. Id use eBay or something. Just a 12v fan and 12v solar panel.

Allot of people do it here with no issues but it's super dry here. A few hours ain't shit. It's really really humid where you are. horizontal air movement fans save the day in high humidity grows. A small exhaust fan will also help.

Seems like around here people spray sulfur exclusively now. You can't spray sulfur if you use oils so they really only use sulfur. Used preventatively, you def won't get pm. You most likely won't have bug issues either. The only thing that sulfur won't protect against is bud rot. To prevent bud rot, you just need healthy plants and horizontal air movement.

I would make sure any greenhouse i used out there has a roof but doesn't have sides. You want as much airflow as you can get. I would just want to protect against rain.

Okay,

Yeah was going to have roll up sides. And wanted to have most airflow as possible when it wasn’t blackout.

I think i can figure out some 12 v solar panel and fan.

I agree some horizontal airflow would do a lot for them when they are covered.

would a breathable blackout material be beneficial?

BChydro

can get humid here for sure.

What’s the negative to spraying oils and sulfur burning?

Is Regalia an oil spray?

I gave them a spray with that last week, only week 2 veg inside.

Also have a sulfur burner too.

Burn that in the hoophouse once their there?

Stop spraying regalia? or continue with that?

Agree with bud rot aspect

CrushnYuba

I have no idea what regalia is really or if it really works. Hydro stores were pushing it for a while so it seemed everyone used it this one year but i don't know anyone that kept using it.

If you use an oil and sulfur to close together it will burn. Sulphur is all you need for pm if it's used preventatively. Really for bugs also. It even kills russet mites. Some people spray light frequently, some spray Heavy and wash it off. Maybe someone can chime in with what they prefer.

Really If You Just spray sulfur PREVENTATIVELY, the only pathogen You have to worry about is bud rot.

BChydro

I have no idea what regalia is really or if it really works. Hydro stores were pushing it for a while so it seemed everyone used it this one year but i don't know anyone that kept using it.

If you use an oil and sulfur to close together it will burn. Sulphur is all you need for pm if it's used preventatively. Really for bugs also. It even kills russet mites. Some people spray light frequently, some spray Heavy and wash it off. Maybe someone can chime in with what they prefer.

Really If You Just spray sulfur PREVENTATIVELY, the only pathogen You have to worry about is bud rot.

10-4, i can work that!!

Latest posts

Latest posts