What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Peak Seeds Northern Lights

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I saw someone had mentioned in this thread that a Sensi male had been used in the breeding of Peak's NL. I was curious to what the background on his NL was and asked. Mike J. said that Sensi genetics were never used in his NL line. He said he used the old BC Seed Companies NL and added a bit of Hemcy's NL around 2007. He said he's been inbreeding since, modeling it after the NL#5 from the 90's.

B

BMISS genetics

MJ is a really good guy.... I always recommend him to anyone wanting to get good genetics for a cheap price....

JustSumTomatoes

Beautiful plant there SandyFantasyman. :) How's it smelling for you? Mine had a pine, with a hint of burnt rubber in the background type of smell. They weren't the strongest smelling plants, but I wouldn't describe it as being low odor.

noknees

is he still filling orders? have an envelope stuffed, but never sent it. kicking myself.

I saw someone had mentioned in this thread that a Sensi male had been used in the breeding of Peak's NL. I was curious to what the background on his NL was and asked. Mike J. said that Sensi genetics were never used in his NL line. He said he used the old BC Seed Companies NL and added a bit of Hemcy's NL around 2007. He said he's been inbreeding since, modeling it after the NL#5 from the 90's.

there's nothing posted that reminds me even vaguely of the sensi cut. especially the smells. unmistakable.

JustSumTomatoes

noknees, these are the quotes at the beginning of the thread that I was referring to. I never grew Sensi's NL so I can't compare it to Peak's, but I would take the breeders word that it was NOT used in it. When I asked MJ about it he said he wasn't sure how the Sensi rumor came to be. Makes me wonder if when the breeder mentioned adding "Hemcy's" in there, it was meant with a wink. ;) Whether or not there is Sensi there I would say that Peak's NL is a great all round strain.
^^ No, I found it to be stable and expect the seeds to provide me with good genetics. I never deal with clones anyways for legal and other reasons.

The BCSC NL is about ready to be flipped into flower, expecting top notch genetics there too. Peak used BCSC NL crossed to Sensi NL to get his strain or that is what I read on the net.

This is correct information about the Sensi male, I have it in writing from Mike J. himself on that.

As for the BCSC #5 mother, Mike said the plant's performance had begun to drop off and he was looking to re-invigorate the strain - which I took to mean he bred a completely new mother using mostly genetics from the original.

Cerainly, when I placed my first order in September 2015, Mike advised that the NL beans he had for sale at that time were not his "premium" NL, advising me to wait for harvesting of a superior NL product, which I later ordered some months later..

So again, I suspect Peak Seeds is using a new Northern Lights mother plant.

Peace

JustSumTomatoes

Looking gorgeous! It seems to me that when grown outdoors Peaks NL can be really stretchy but indoors is more compact, the buds on both get frosted.:peacock: Bet those fem seeds will be good. Seems like a good strain to breed with. Did a NL X Orange Grove cross with that 11 foot female NL.