Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Another Haze thread ...

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
Another Haze thread ... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2018, 10:22 PM #31
Raho

Raho is a name known to allRaho is a name known to allRaho is a name known to allRaho is a name known to allRaho is a name known to allRaho is a name known to allRaho is a name known to allRaho is a name known to allRaho is a name known to allRaho is a name known to allRaho is a name known to all
Smoke test the tops of the males just before they start making clusters.
Clip a few from the sides of the plant near the top and let them dry on a computer or cable box or something warm since you'll be in a hurry.
Tops like this from a good sativa male will get you blasted.

“You Can Recognize A Pioneer By The Arrows In His Back.”

Everything x oBoy
Raho is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:06 AM #32
JohnnyChicago

JohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoolSativa View Post
Just so you know for future reference, generally when working with haze strains, males with little smell, are often the most haze like, and stoniest.
Next time, you may want to try smoking the leaf before you cull it, if it is from a haze line, you may be shocked by how stony it is
This may be ture for Haze hybrids, but not for Original Haze.
Breeding with OH is easy. Almost every male will improve the strain it's crossed with. This has been stated by the breeder many times and I can only confirm this. Females do not breed that well (did also some testing on the seeds I did with females) That's one of the things Im trying to say with this thread, look at the males.

But with Haze hybrids I would not use a male but would cross my favourite hazy female with an inbred male.
JohnnyChicago is offline Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 01:19 PM #33
MAHA KALA

MAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud of
no? females don't breed well??? and what about OH x skunk1? not good?
MAHA KALA is offline Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 06:16 PM #34
JohnnyChicago

JohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHA KALA View Post
no? females don't breed well??? and what about OH x skunk1? not good?

Why no good? Do you really think the breeder used only 5 packs of "cheap" Seedsman seeds to select the mother of that strain?

I have progeny tested 3 males and 5 females that had been selected out of 5 packs of Seedman's Original Haze and the progeny of the males is by far better. That's all what Im saying.

Old 01-19-2018, 07:39 PM #35
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestothebest View Post
Have you tried any of Swami’s work?
It's not his work. He's just bastardized it for profit. Gascan is a crook and a liar.

I'd quit growing cannabis before I grew a seed from him.

dank.Frank
self-justifications catering to the morally
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR
dank.frank is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-20-2018, 01:32 AM #36
MAHA KALA

MAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChicago View Post
This may be ture for Haze hybrids, but not for Original Haze.
Breeding with OH is easy. Almost every male will improve the strain it's crossed with. This has been stated by the breeder many times and I can only confirm this. Females do not breed that well (did also some testing on the seeds I did with females) That's one of the things Im trying to say with this thread, look at the males.

But with Haze hybrids I would not use a male but would cross my favourite hazy female with an inbred male.
this sounds like general statement and that's why I react. even OldCoolSativa used word "generally" in his/her question... either way cant comment your haze experience much if its limited to 50 seeds of cheap haze seeds.. though I don't understand term cheap seeds.
MAHA KALA is offline Quote

Old 01-22-2018, 12:12 PM #37
bigbadbiddy

bigbadbiddy is a jewel in the roughbigbadbiddy is a jewel in the roughbigbadbiddy is a jewel in the roughbigbadbiddy is a jewel in the roughbigbadbiddy is a jewel in the roughbigbadbiddy is a jewel in the roughbigbadbiddy is a jewel in the roughbigbadbiddy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank.frank View Post
It's not his work. He's just bastardized it for profit. Gascan is a crook and a liar.

I'd quit growing cannabis before I grew a seed from him.

dank.Frank

So the whole thing with it being old seed stock from Clackamas Coot (some of which he got from Nevil etc.) that was revived is not true?
bigbadbiddy is offline Quote

Old 01-22-2018, 01:05 PM #38
JohnnyChicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHA KALA View Post
this sounds like general statement and that's why I react. even OldCoolSativa used word "generally" in his/her question... either way cant comment your haze experience much if its limited to 50 seeds of cheap haze seeds.. though I don't understand term cheap seeds.
Im only sharing my experience with Original Haze and its crosses and comparing it with the Hazes I had in the past. Only statement I do is that the incense trait can be found in Original haze and that the incense I have found is the nearest thing to A5 I have had in the past 10years.

If you ask me to choose between C5 and my Panama Haze I would choose Panama Haze all the time.

When I think OH seeds were only 18$ ...

Last edited by JohnnyChicago; 01-22-2018 at 01:23 PM..

Old 01-22-2018, 01:46 PM #39
JohnnyChicago

Im not a breeder, but I probably have put more time in this little project, than most of the so-called breeders in their strains.

Next thing I will do is a NL5 selection to cross with the incense male.
dank.frank's description of Atomics NL5 sounds exactly like the kind of NL5 Im looking for.
Also crossing him to some elite clones and then I will kill or share him.

Quote:

I've sorted 3 packs of Dr. Atomic NL, but for the most part, it wasn't what I was after. There was one really good plant that smelt identical to the rest on a stem rub, but it's resin profile was very pine sap smelling. The effects were very giggly and dumb. It was really enjoyable cannabis. Next to impossible to separate from the siblings until flower though, which made it difficult to keep. The line is certainly worth sorting. I'd say it is perfect lazy day video game weed, though, not quite the full narcotic potency I seek.

Old 01-22-2018, 01:48 PM #40
JohnnyChicago

Im not a breeder, but I probably have put more time in this little project, than most of the so-called breeeders have put in their strains.

Next thing I will do is a NL5 selection to cross with the incense male.
dank.frank's description of Atomics NL5 sound exactly like the kind of NL5 Im looking for.
Also crossing him to some elite clones and then I will kill or share him, but not before I have seen him flowering outdoors

Quote:

I've sorted 3 packs of Dr. Atomic NL, but for the most part, it wasn't what I was after. There was one really good plant that smelt identical to the rest on a stem rub, but it's resin profile was very pine sap smelling. The effects were very giggly and dumb. It was really enjoyable cannabis. Next to impossible to separate from the siblings until flower though, which made it difficult to keep. The line is certainly worth sorting. I'd say it is perfect lazy day video game weed, though, not quite the full narcotic potency I seek.