What's new

Phytol

Gtir

I am told that using phytol w my butane extraction can stop the absoption of chlorypil and pheophytin into my extract... improving color, has anyone heard of this or is the guy just messing w me.

As graywolf mentioned chlorypil degrades into pheophytin which is soluble in butane this explains why older material creates darker extract. Thanks graywolf, this revelation meant a lot to me as I have struggled to satisfy everyone’s desires for only the yellowest Of extracts.

clearheaded

mmm think thats misinfo phytol is in chlorophyl and u dont want that in your extracts as its the harsh greenish taste. and why fresh frozen can be bit harsher, or why truly cured buds are less harsh. have a look at my cure flush thread.cheers

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am told that using phytol w my butane extraction can stop the absoption of chlorypil and pheophytin into my extract... improving color, has anyone heard of this or is the guy just messing w me.

As graywolf mentioned chlorypil degrades into pheophytin which is soluble in butane this explains why older material creates darker extract. Thanks graywolf, this revelation meant a lot to me as I have struggled to satisfy everyone’s desires for only the yellowest Of extracts.

Not seeing the mechanism of how that would work. Did the guy offer any details?

Latest posts

Latest posts