What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Genetic degradation from monster cropping?

motaman82

I have a Platinum OG plant about a month into a second veg period but probably more like two months old. I threw it straight into flowering as soon as it was rooted,changed my mind and put it back into veg to get larger. Between the Sensi nutes and time this baby has bounced back.
She is super branchy I guess similar to monster cropping.
My question is:are the clones I take off this plant going to be genetically inferior because of the switch back and forth? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20170618_163704.jpg
    IMG_20170618_163704.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20170618_163658.jpg
    IMG_20170618_163658.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20170618_163649.jpg
    IMG_20170618_163649.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 5

Wagonweed

I've had some trip due to stress from cold, and have other monster cropped clones that were revegged with no issues. They grew normal as the moms and were still potent.
But you never know for with genetics. If the strain is already not very stable I could see some negative effects caused by the stress.

RockinRobot

Re-vegging isn't quite the same as monster cropping. Either way though your clones will be fine as if you had never started flowering. Even with true monster cropping I have not seen any issues and I monster crop exclusively. As long as you start with good genetics neither re-veg nor monster cropping will affect the end product.

N

NewAgeGenetics

Re-vegging isn't quite the same as monster cropping. Either way though your clones will be fine as if you had never started flowering. Even with true monster cropping I have not seen any issues and I monster crop exclusively. As long as you start with good genetics neither re-veg nor monster cropping will affect the end product.
what he said.