What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Where to stay on first time vacation to Colorado with wife?

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Is there any place in Colorado that does not get snow and Winter weather?

I have friends in Steamboat Springs and they swear there's no better place in the world. I have been to Colo a few times and I must say, it's about the most beautiful state in the country.

My sister has lived in Steamboat for 25 years.
It's beautiful.. They also have less than 60 guaranteed frost free days each year..

Think about it: it's gonna reach 32F or lower, on more than 300 days every year..

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Think about it: it's gonna reach 32F or lower, on more than 300 days every year..

Totally unacceptable. LOL On the other side of the coin, they also boast the same number of days of sunshine. Where I live we average 35 sunny days a year. That's it. Sure would be nice to have sunshine every day. I often feel like I live in Mordor..... or worse.

Still, I have been around the country a dozen times and there's no place more beautiful. I love the mountains.

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Colorado Springs liberal?

:nono:

Liberal ? wtf....

Pioneers,It's Pioneers,then Rednecks then Hicks.Pioneers rule the Land.

Then you can start dumbing it down.Republicans,Democrats.

Liberal is like the last word on the totem pole.Close to Schumer.

Amy's an idiot.

starke

Lane Guest Ranch in Estes Park is excellent if you are into that kind of thing. They have a website.

Most years the winters aren't bad and we're always getting random days of t shirt weather.

Check out denver then you can head up 285 to Estes park and Rocky mountain national park. Elk everywhere You can hike to a glacier pretty awesome. You can also go through boulder and Nederland (coolest town ever). Go to a show at red rocks.