Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Vintage Mexican, Seed germination and Micro propagation techniques.

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
Vintage Mexican, Seed germination and Micro propagation techniques. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-16-2016, 09:04 PM #11
Mystic Funk

Mystic Funk is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Funk is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Funk is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Funk is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Funk is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Funk is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Funk is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Funk is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Funk is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Funk is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Funk is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Organik View Post
Awesome.

I always thought that the paper towel technique is the best but I've realized that the best germination method is to simply throw the seeds into the dirt and let mother nature do her thing. You can scuff 'em but that's not really necessary I think.

Yeah throwing them in worm shit is the best so far.
i'm working on doing a seed scuffing test next. also going to do a GA3 test too.

peace
-mystic
Mystic Funk is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-16-2016, 09:21 PM #12
GoatCheese

GoatCheese has disabled reputation
Awesome!

..bit too stoned to write anything longer.
GoatCheese is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-16-2016, 09:40 PM #13
Mystic Funk

Mystic Funk is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Funk is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Funk is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Funk is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Funk is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Funk is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Funk is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Funk is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Funk is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Funk is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Funk is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatCheese View Post
Awesome!

..bit too stoned to write anything longer.

hahaha!
Thanks man.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:54 PM #14
Buddah Watcha

Buddah Watcha is a name known to allBuddah Watcha is a name known to allBuddah Watcha is a name known to allBuddah Watcha is a name known to allBuddah Watcha is a name known to allBuddah Watcha is a name known to allBuddah Watcha is a name known to allBuddah Watcha is a name known to allBuddah Watcha is a name known to allBuddah Watcha is a name known to allBuddah Watcha is a name known to all
Very nice methods, worm bins ftw!

Thanks for sharing, keep us updated on these plants, very curious with what you will find!

Good luck!

Old 11-16-2016, 10:21 PM #15
Mystic Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddah Watcha View Post
Very nice methods, worm bins ftw!

Thanks for sharing, keep us updated on these plants, very curious with what you will find!

Good luck!

thanks buddah.
yes the worm bins killed it, amazing how simple it is too!
I think i'm going to try this method with the very small seeds and the x-large seeds because I have very little of them. I hear those are the best type of seeds. from what I read the x-large seeds could be Colombian and the small ones could Oaxacan or Acapulco gold seeds.
but i'm going to hold off for a bit because I have a few more methods to try.

peace!
-mystic

Old 11-16-2016, 10:39 PM #16
Mystic Funk

Micro propagation

Micro propagation (aka tissue culture)
I’ve been screwing around with tissue culture for awhile now and I read somewhere that scientist were able to get 1000 year old seeds to grow that were found in ancient tombs and I thought why not use that for old cannabis seeds. So I started working on some recipes to pop old seeds.
What tissue culture is mostly used for is growing parts of plants like leaves, stems, flowers, or growing tips, technically you only need one living cell or a hand full of cells to grow plants through “in vitro” to grow a whole plant. If you’re good enough you can grow 1000’s of clones from one leaf it just takes time, pretty cool!
With these seeds I didn’t have to go crazy with the TC because I knew the cells within the seeds were still good from my other tests, they were just lacking the hormones, enzymes, auxins that kick start the germination process. So I developed some TC recipes that would aid in that process. So what does a seed need to germinate? They need grow regulators which are auxins, cytokinin, gibberellins and hormones like GA3 (gibberellic acid), benzylaminopurine (BAP), naphthaleneacetic acid (NAA). They also need sugars, nutrients, heat and moisture.
Things you’ll need to mix up a batch of TC medium:

Air tight Containers that can handle a pressure cooker or autoclave.( I use canning jars).
Pressure cooker
Long tweezers
Latex gloves
Flow hood or homemade clean box
90% alcohol
3% Hydrogen peroxide
Heat mat
20grams of Sugar
4 to 6 grams of Agar (TC medium)
2.1 grams of Murashige & Skoog nutrient formula
1/2ml of Benzylaminopurine (BAP)
1/2ml of Naphthaleneacetic acid (NAA)
1/2ml of Thiamine B1
1ml PPM (TC preservative)
Food coloring (optional)
PH pen or drops
PH up and down
Distilled water
Scale to weigh out ingredients
These are not that strong of a mix you might get better results with a stronger mix…

Recipe #1: (red mix)
1 quart distilled water, 4 grams agar, 1/2ml BAP 1/2ml NAA, 1/2ml B1, 2.1 grams M&S, 20 grams sugar, 1ml ppm, a few drops of red food coloring.

Recipe #2: (blue mix)
1 quart distilled water, 4 grams agar, 1/2ml B1, 2.1 grams M&S, 20 grams sugar, 1ml ppm, a few drops of blue food coloring.

Ok start by mixing the ingredients then heating the mixture just until the agar dissolves, let cool down and then PH the mix to 5.6 to 5.8 and pour into your jars, put lids on loose and pressure cook for 30 minute at 15psi, let everything cool down and your lids should pop down and you’ll know they are sealed. Put in refrigerator overnight. Next day get everything you’re going to need tweezers, alcohol, paper towels, clean box, hydrogen peroxide, etc.
Start by mixing 50/50 sterile water and 3% hydrogen peroxide (when pressure cooking your mix, put a jar or two of distilled water in the cooker too, that’s your sterile water) this is what you’ll be cleaning and sterilizing your seeds in for one hour, when their soaking clean all of the tools, hands and surfaces you’ll be working with in 90% alcohol, Once the seeds are all clean place them in the jar and in medium about a quarter inch down as quickly as you can to limit the chance of contamination. Now seal them up and put them on a heat mate set to 75F. You should see them sprout in a couple weeks or so, but it could take months so be patient.

I still have some time to kill on these; I just started them about 3 weeks ago but so far the red mix is popping more seeds I guess the added growth regulators helped out. I’m up to 20% germination rate and about 10% with the blue mix. Also two out of the five jars got contaminated so that messes up the numbers.

peace!
-mystic

Last edited by Mystic Funk; 11-17-2016 at 04:04 AM..

18 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:51 PM #17
seeded

seeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to behold
I've always loved pics of baby cannabis plants so seeing all these old vintage seeds getting sprouted in a variety of methods is absolutely fantastic. Thanks for sharing and I wish you the best of luck getting more sprouts.
seeded is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:58 PM #18
corky1968
Banned

Location: Living in a Trichome. These are the Best Homes in the World.
corky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud of
My old cheap pressure cooker is dead.

Got to get me a nice All American brand.

Colored agar is an easy way to mark the jars.
corky1968 is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:00 PM #19
Mystic Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeded View Post
I've always loved pics of baby cannabis plants so seeing all these old vintage seeds getting sprouted in a variety of methods is absolutely fantastic. Thanks for sharing and I wish you the best of luck getting more sprouts.

thanks seeded!

i'm so glad these seeds were given to me and I get a chance to work with them. it's going to be fun finding out what I get.

peace!

Old 11-16-2016, 11:10 PM #20
Mystic Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky1968 View Post
My old cheap pressure cooker is dead.

Got to get me a nice All American brand.

Colored agar is an easy way to mark the jars.

as long as your not on a terrorist watch list you shouldn't have a problem buying a new one from the usa. lol!

yes colored agar works great! it will dye the seedling a little though.
also if you use ph drops like I do make sure you PH the mix first before putting the coloring in......don't ask me how I found that out. I smoked way too many joints making it that day had to throw out a whole batch of medium.