What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cannacure

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
has anyone used the new product from canna that kills pests as well as helping against pm? it's supposed to be ok to use right through flowering?

maybe one of the chemists around here can dig up the details about this stuff? is it really safe?

what about effectiveness? has anyone tried it yet?

thanks

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No msds so it cant contain very much as its advertised as safe for late use on softfruit ect.

Maybe a long chain non air drying oil in emulsion , with a dash of Mg and an overall alkaline residual pH to slow the progression of mould.

Not sure of the mechanism that allows a thick enougth layer to trap insects , but not block stomata.

Colour , pH , odour and , if brave , the taste would indicate the area to explore for a cheap DIY version for a quid a gallon , could get expensive if sprayed as often as reccomended.

Reminds me of a ready to spray product called leafcoat? years back which used to leave tacky leaves and reeked of seaweed.

wiklund

Hi!

I use cannacure. If you alredy have pest it is not a good product. But it is great to use to not get pest so easy. Cannacure is identical to leaf-coat (biobizz). Spray the plants and the cannacure will protect you plant with a thin layer of natural latex. The latex protects the plant from many kinds of pest. But will not cure if you alredy is infested. The latex will break down from sun and rain so you need to spray them at least once a week, but i use it three times a week to be sure. It works really good for me. No pest and no mildew and so on.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So its a straight copy , this was my DIY version that worked as well , without the fishy smell for a quid a gallon.

picture.php

Used loads on soft fruit and ornamentals for green/black fly to good effect in the garden. , pH high from the ammonia in it may help with PM.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
thanks for all the feed back, i have a harvest at 7 weeks flowering which is suffering from pm, was wondering if it would be a help. might give it a go, will probably have to spray them 1x a week till harvest to keep the pm from getting too bad.

C

cyber echo

Cannacure is useless. Tried it many times, sprayed a whole bottle on a set of cuts and it did nothing.
I noticed the pests got healthier after I sprayed :D

A good cure for PM I read is diluting milk 1:10 in water, but it has to be raw milk non-sterile or pasteurized, that will kill PM quick. But hard to get access to raw milk in some areas.

edit: Just googled and found a 40/60% milk/water ratio is effective too. Better research the ratio rather than take my word for it.

naughtychinese

I use LED's... I tested cannacure... and what happened;
when using high performance LED's like "blackstar 240w" 2 lights on 1 square meter. use the cannacure at the night times only... because the light will penetrate the lease and will use the water bubbles left from the cannacure as magnifying glass. the leaves will burn. that happened to mine. my second test; apply it on the leaves when the light is turn of... after a few days flush it with filtered water to remove because of the layer my led's can't penetrate the leaves anymore :( ... but the stuff works and you need to redo this a few weeks...

Sante

In DoPa
Hi, what about neem oil? Useless as cannacure or an effective alternative? Somewere i read that it alterate bud flavour, is it true ?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, it is also not really effective against PM either... Strange as I do rate other Canna products highly
i tend to go with bio bizz veg and bloom and boost accelarator as i use bb light mix for seedling then transplant into bb all mix but if i was using canna pro mix i would use there versions of the above,,,,
have always rated canna and bio bizz products quite highly,,s2