Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Vintage Cannabis photography

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
Vintage Cannabis photography Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-03-2009, 06:32 PM #1
four seasons

four seasons is just really nicefour seasons is just really nicefour seasons is just really nicefour seasons is just really nicefour seasons is just really nicefour seasons is just really nicefour seasons is just really nicefour seasons is just really nice
Vintage Cannabis photography

Some stuff from the seventies....
including ...L. Cherniaks ;Book of Cannabis , Book of Hashish,
early High Times and various other publications...
Please add stuff if you have it. I enjoy looking at the old stuff and have been a collector of this stuff since I bought my first high times in 78.

This is the first published picture of the True Haze from the Haze brothers 1977

[url='https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=8747&pictu reid=158933'][img]https:
four seasons is offline Quote

30 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:51 PM #2
four seasons

four seasons is just really nicefour seasons is just really nicefour seasons is just really nicefour seasons is just really nicefour seasons is just really nicefour seasons is just really nicefour seasons is just really nicefour seasons is just really nice
The above was published in High Life Mag #1 1975

Old 09-03-2009, 07:03 PM #3
Hazy Lady
Prom Night Dumpster Baby

Hazy Lady is just really niceHazy Lady is just really niceHazy Lady is just really niceHazy Lady is just really niceHazy Lady is just really niceHazy Lady is just really niceHazy Lady is just really niceHazy Lady is just really niceHazy Lady is just really niceHazy Lady is just really nice
Talking

Sssshhhhhh!, don't say that!, the 'King of Nepal' invented every water hash technique, in fact!, no form of hash existed until he invented it in 1987

Great old photo's, good to see.
Hazy Lady is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:21 PM #4
Mr. Hugeblunts
Tryin to smoke an l?

Mr. Hugeblunts will become famous soon enoughMr. Hugeblunts will become famous soon enough
Wow, the shit we smoke nowadays looks 1000000 times better than the 70s.

Indoor grows for life!
Mr. Hugeblunts is offline Quote

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:23 PM #5
four seasons

Looks arent everything. Its whats in the cannabinoid makeup thats makes a good smoke.
Just my opinion.

16 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:29 PM #6
four seasons

There were so many good people across the USA from Brooklyn to Peoria to Garberville who were experimenting with breeding in their back yards in the sixties and seventies.
Only a handfull of people made the jump from breeding for personal use to breeding to share with the masses. And an even smaller few choose to go commercial with their seed production operations and the only outlet for this was Amsterdam at the time.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:33 PM #7
feral

lots of memories there. nothing beats the highs of the weed back then. look at that thai stick pic, the real deal posing there. I have an old grow book from 1973 that talks about how to dry/cure. the book talks about dry it some, then SWEAT it, then cure. What I find fascinating is this is what they do with malawi cobs. Its wrapped in a leaf of maize then buried and sweated for x numbers of days, weeks, etc. I had another book that talked about burying the jar of weed in the ground for 6 months and this again was a book that was published in early '70's. Haze, Thai sticks, African black majic. Growing was kept simple, cost effective, and would put you on your ass when you smoked it. Now days its big lights, steriod nutes, etc.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:34 PM #8
four seasons

from 1975 ...
I think Cannabis has become more controlled, more sterial and bland.. Kinda like the American culture itself....
Just my opinion peace

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:42 PM #9
bluebublelove

bluebublelove will become famous soon enoughbluebublelove will become famous soon enough
This is awesome. I love stuff like this.

I get a huge kick out of those regional prices and how it breaks down acid, psilocybin, pcp, cocaine and quaaludes. Totally old school.

Do you by any chance have a way of scanning the accompanying articles that go with the pictures?

Particularly the write up on mexican hash making and any articles that detail genetics that had been isolated and early breeding experiments.

Great post, thanks!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:09 PM #10
englishrick
Plumber/Builder

englishrick has much to be proud ofenglishrick has much to be proud ofenglishrick has much to be proud ofenglishrick has much to be proud ofenglishrick has much to be proud ofenglishrick has much to be proud ofenglishrick has much to be proud ofenglishrick has much to be proud ofenglishrick has much to be proud ofenglishrick has much to be proud ofenglishrick has much to be proud of
terp-profile is everything to me

1 members found this post helpful.