What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PC Grow by Mr.Bongowsky

Jahkaya

They have a 65, 85 and 100 watt Mogul PC floro's at the Home depot. That may work just perfect for your space and with the 100 watt CFL you may be able to better than wiht the 70 HPS.

simba

Sleeping Dragon
Those 65,85,100 CFLS at HD dont have ballasts in them.. (DONT HOOK THEM UP TO 120V)..

CFL is so hard to get a reflector to effeciantly work..

CMH are small better output..
u can make a mini aircooled Hood (out of a Old flood light (400 watt halogen floodlight)

Hi Herbalistic, I now exacly what you mean but; for first - i had regular seeds, so 2 plants was a more chance to get a lady (fortunetly both of them was girls), and for second - my PC case is opening in front of case, so there would be a problem with getting the plant out.

But if the case would be side opened this is a very good method - just looking at your plants :) - especially in ScrOG i think.

Thanks for tips dude

simba, maybe later... now i'm off, outdoor atm

Good joke J-Roc hehe

Thx Deus, it's giving a lot of fun :D

And what's last - a smoke report :D
First I must say weed was early harvested and that broken lamp made smoke a lil bit weak and I smoked it with friends with any curing cause there was no sense to do it with about 5 weak grams...
But a fun with grow was huge!

THANKS everyone who wathing and comment :headbange

Big shot for you with my outdoor's Maroc(Femaleseeds):

Now that's da shit hehe

Regards from Mr.Bongowsky :rasta:

:headbange

I want to bump this thread because turning a power supply into an HPS light fixture is pretty genius. Great idea.

Interesting thread – thanks for bringing it up.
I have been thinking why did two hps lights fail within a few weeks. My thought is that the lamp ballast placed in the power supply box hasn’t had a sufficient cooling. Thus, overheating caused the failure. Possibly the high temperature made the wire in the choke melt and the power driven to the lamp increased. It might be smth else but anyway the ballast temperature is what you should be concerned of. I took it real serious and placed a radiator on the top of the ballast. Moreover it all sits in the place where a lot of air is moving through (upwards, see the picture). Now the radiator is about 40*C, the ballast is slightly warmer (a perfect place to dry a small bud, ha-ha). A thermocondactive glue was used to mount the radiator.

Grow safe and take care!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for double posting the picture - haven't get used to the forum yet + posting on a phone is pain )). How do I edit my messages if there's no "edit" button?

Forgotten to mention- the power of the ballast is 70w. the single housing contain the choke, the capacitor and the starter and has been heating quite serious. I couldn't hold the tip of the finger on the housing longer than a few seconds (70+*C).

Latest posts

Latest posts