What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What do you do with an ancient find?

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like there could be some premium seeds in there.

Maybe keep scissors away from it & break it up by hand ?

Oh yeah I got some. But how long will they be ok to plant? Way back they said to see if a seed is ok then to put in a glass of water and if it floats it's ok and if it don't it's not? Or vice versa.

Night4wings20

Oh yeah I got some. But how long will they be ok to plant? Way back they said to see if a seed is ok then to put in a glass of water and if it floats it's ok and if it don't it's not? Or vice versa.

It depends on how they were stored (temps, humidity etc) and for how long. Since they would be about 7 years old max I would assume the seeds are still viable, if you find them hard to crack there is various ways to increase your germination rate e.g. with GA3.

The water in the glass is a way to germinate seeds. I've still put all the seeds whether they dropped in the water or stayed afloat into the paper towel for further germinaton.

Good luck!

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any reason for using 69 over 62? I like my weed a little drier thaN 69 which can be interpreted as 70% humidity.

Oh that was more of a question on my part, you answered my question :)

So I bought both of what you told me and will give it a try as soon as they come in .

There's enough here to try a few different ways to see what works best

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Forgot I for the heck of it planted one of the seeds I am sure came from this wonderful blonde color weed from Colombia that tastes so good and it popped out of the soil and got to about 2 feet before my wife realized she planted it near the electric meter which.....not good so had to yank it.

Have some of those and also have some of afpak kush I had about 10 years ago, never saw it again. It was really really great weed and I have kept those seeds in one of those black seed jars I got from California

Would love to make a deal with somebody to grow it and sell me some of the crop when it's done, not all of it of course but maybe a few oz's :biggrin:

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lightly mist from above and place in cardboard box overnight. Then jar with 62% Boveda packs and a hygrometer :tiphat:

The boveda and thermo pro just came in today so I'll try this. Not quite sure how the thermpro tp-50 works.....it's a humidity meter, but if it's in a cardboard box like a shoe box?

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Maybe mix fresh buds with them and they can exchange moisture naturally.

I prefer the add a fresh bud method,
some of my stash is 12 months or more in the jar.

Adding some fresh buds to the well cured
stash is good way to bring up the burn temp
so the dry ish stash doesn't crisp up too quick.

Good thread.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, have tried the spray bottle with "Saratoga" water from the , shoebox, humidity meter thing and am doing a couple of bowls right now of some Red Colombian.......earthy, per fumy, deep, powerful. There's a few oz's so this is really helpful to save it all, thanks all.

Only trouble is the humidity meter is at 72%, but definitely smoke able.

Latest posts

Latest posts