What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

150W LED Quantum/COB 1.25 SqFt Microgrow

thenewstyle

WOW...just WOW... :tiphat:

yo starke thanks for stopping by and checking out the grow!

garden update
the new garden is popping! lots of new flavors to come.
considering how well the ninjafruit grew out my plan for this next grow is to grow them in a similar fashion. i microtopped her at about 2 weeks at the 3rd node and grew out the 4 tops coming out the first and second node.

ive already topped all the girls in the square pots
i fucked up on the meatbreath and cut off one of the fan leaves while topping, she seems to like it though lol
also popped a few more seeds

sfvallley breath
24k gold
alien rift
dark helmet
double black

looks like some ogkb lookers from meatbreath/garlicbreath/purpledrank breath excited to see whats to come from them
1XGFfEn.jpg

gdFdSyM.jpg

ninjafruit/bwitched are almost done drying, 1 or 2 more days
smelling amazing!
FXNxEY0.jpg

finished up the dry on the dark alien
came out to a total of 120g, quite happy with the yield, came in a lot higher than i expected
9ibDNCq.jpg

Last edited:

big_t0kes

One of the best microgrows and displays of Ocean Grown gear that I've seen. You make me want to impulse-pop a few beans of the Dark Plasma I have :D

big_t0kes

Some data and pics to share :)

Some data and pics to share :)

Also, just wanted to put this out there (since this thread has traction and I want to share my data). I have a LVJING 120w (actual 50w) LED panel that I used to veg out a female Kosher Kush bagseed as well as a 3 bean pheno hunt for Bodhi's Silver Lotus (SSH x Snow Lotus).

LEDs, especially Quantum Boards, are amazing for microgrows. One can easily take 3 plants and get 1.5+ gpw if they know what they're doing (as OP did here).

I got a Northern GrowLights HLG65 kit because of your awesome results/skills. Thanks for sharing here and on another site.

36871128843_46992c33a4_h.jpg

Kosher Kush (DWC in 1.5 gal container - FoxFarm nutes + Molasses amended tea for pH balance)

23688425278_2034e8b82b_h.jpg

Kosher Kush in natural lighting (supplemental 12w Current Satellite LED)

36830850914_5a82417214_h.jpg

Kosher bagseed [before being cut down :'( ]

36830850784_e6852bcab6_h.jpg

Silver Lotus pheno hunt

23688424998_2dd75e7a68_h.jpg

Silver Lotus stalks

Sadly, none of these truly got to flower out (security issues -_-), but I managed to gauge the power of leds and my capability to grow. LEDs make it easy these days to get a half pound from 2 sq. feet if you know what you're doing. Will try again w/ that quantum board and make a thread when it happens. Thanks for your awesome thread and giving us inspiration!

Attachments

• DSC05077.jpg
    DSC05077.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC05065.jpg
    DSC05065.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC05064.jpg
    DSC05064.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC04938.jpg
    DSC04938.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC04929.jpg
    DSC04929.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 23

thenewstyle

nice plants big tokes, ive been itching to try a dwc setup. everything seems to get so big in dwcs!

garden update

everything is looking good, i need to get some more soil to pot up the rest of the girls

IuIsGOE.png

finished up the dry on ninjafruit / b-witched
dry weight on ninja fruit came in about 40g
shes a little airy but super frosty! smells so good!
Df1MXsb.jpg

dry weight on b-witched came in at 14g
shes super dense and just covered in frost
skUTRQg.jpg

total for the cab grow of the last run comes in at 175g, over 6zips well over my expectations of a qp! there was definitely some room for improvement this last run, hopefully i can hit half lb this next run!

rolled up a mix joint of b-witched/dark alien/ninjafruit

super tasty! loving the ninjafruit great flavor and effect!
GI8sGIX.jpg

thenewstyle

got the rest of the girls potted up

sfvalley breath didnt germ so i got rid of her
darkshadowhaze is being really slow, will leave her in the small pot for a few more days
going to tryout the rockwool on a few girls too, ive got 24k gold / dark helmet in them now

also started to do some lst on meatbreath and garlic breath

QOR3n5k.png

ive also changed up the lights a little this run, i swapped out the qb288 above for 2 more cxb3590s. so currently running 4x cxb3590 @700ma w 2x wavy boards @350ma side lighting

thenewstyle

lots of freaky girls this run, but im loving them :woohoo:

ive topped everything except the 2 in the rockwool, i will probably do a microtop on them next week then flip the lights to flower the following week or 2

r497Yvp.png

all the thugpug stuff has a very similar look, big fat dinosuar looking indica leaves. they really stand out from the other girls

the 24k gold (kosherkush x tangie) is looking crazy, anyone have any idea whats going on? seems to be growing alright though
kOU3gGZ.jpg

the dark shadow haze (grape ape x nevilles haze) hasnt really grown at all this whole week, its still looking nice and green but hasnt moved at all, i may have to scrap her buts its the only seed of this strain i have, hopefully she comes around and starts growing :comfort:

thenewstyle

heres the final lineup + their current age in days for now, it will get narrowed down when i start flowering and picking out the males

Thugpug -
Garlic Breath 32
Meat Breath 31
Purple Drank Breath 21
Pugs Breath 12

Symbiotic Genetics -
Purple Starburst 23

Uprising -
Mendo Clifton 21

Chunkys bagseeds -
Pimp Juice 21
Fire OGKB 18
Scout Breath 18

Rare Dankness -
Night Terror OG 12
Dark Shadow Haze 3

Hazeman -
Monkey Balls 12

G-13 -
Double Black 9

OceanGrown -
Dark Helmet 6
Alien Rift 7

Dna Genetic -
24K Gold 6

some closeups of a few girls,

meat breath looking nice! shes got very leathery leafs, growing out perfect for this training style nice and compact!
MsOAggy.jpg

24kgold is looking super freaky but still putting out new growth, any ideas whats going on??
8kR9HzX.jpg

night terror og (bluedream x raredankness) shes the fastest girl in the box, this is 11 days after dropping the seed in soil, you can see all 4 growth tips looking ready to go!
hx0rGit.jpg

fireogkb coming up nice and uniform, ill start doing lst on a bunch of these girls in the next few days
CQLWCkw.jpg

pugsbreath looking pretty, these thugpug strains all have a special look to them excited to see whats to come
nfdMrdl.jpg

its surprising to me how easy it is to identify the different strains as you watch them from seed, partially from the age but they all have unique leaf patterns.

Last edited:

GastroGrower

I had a plant start out like that 24K seedling but it grew into a normal looking plant eventually. Not sure what caused it.

thenewstyle

excited to see this run, particularly the fireogkb. your last results were great.

yo goats, im excited too! the winter runs are always the best! especially for color. ive been trying to get some of chunkys seeds for awhile, and now ill finally have to a chance to grow them out!

I had a plant start out like that 24K seedling but it grew into a normal looking plant eventually. Not sure what caused it.

the new growth on her looks like its starting to normalize, we shall see in a few days

did some research and looks like it may be wrinkly leaf syndrome?

some of the new growth came out freaky too, but some of the newest stuff looks kinda normal
vPE9w35.jpg

the rest of the girls, everything is coming along. the plan is to leave the biggest girls around the sides to take full advantage of the side lighting. the smaller plants will be towards the center
MBEXU4A.png

thenewstyle

few more close ups

looks like the 24kgold is growing out of the crazyness
meBC96U.jpg

monkeyballs looking kinda sick, but new growth looks nice/ pugsbreath above
S5W0SH1.jpg

garlic breath(gmo x mendobreath) got a little haircut and tied down further, the growth shoots are starting to even out
wvtfMrr.jpg

purple starburst(purple punch x starburst og) got trimmed back a lot, anyone have info on starburst og??
PV69Ljv.jpg

dark helmet has a extra little finger on the fan leaf, future fan leaf buds?
iZtSWFx.jpg

thenewstyle

fireogkb looking pretty
swyr7bF.jpg

pimpjuice getting big
ytlWjD7.jpg

alien rift
GKARpjd.jpg

mendo clifton
the color on this one really pops! a nice deep green with a velvety texture
BHHaubc.jpg

night terror og getting big fast!
JMvFVfb.jpg

thenewstyle

garden update
BERtzSo.gif

everything coming along, im going to flip to 12/12 tomorrow then start weeding males out as i find them
i was going to get rid of the dark shadow haze in the little cup but it looks like its kinda growing and shes helping prop up the 24k weirdo so she will live for a little while longer

some closeups i missed

purple drank breath, shes the most normal looking of the thugpug seeds lol/ fireogkb above
jlnI2GU.jpg

pugsbreath is my favorite freak/ mendo clifton above
DJWAyDb.jpg

almost looks like a cartoon
I5qShdw.jpg

scoutbreath looks kinda small but shes drinking a lot of water hope she explodes when i flower!

CTSNSPY.jpg

thenewstyle

garden update

decided to hold off flower for a few day, running 14/10 while i decide when to flower.

SvvUtQL.gif

'
pugs breath starting to grow fast and shes still spinning!
gvURvYE.jpg

got another weirdo, leaf+stem growing out the center of a fan leaf on night terror og
MkQhAyz.jpg

thenewstyle

garden update

gave them all a haircut in prep for flower tomorrow!

i like to take off all the fanleaves pointing toward the center of the plants to allow a nice opening in the middle for light to reach down

ZKubifZ.gif

Latest posts

Latest posts