What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Noticed any adverse effects of cannabis use?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
thanks fer all the opinions guys

@green pinky. maybe I should have worded it better, just a little cold doesn't make me vomit. but if I happen to vomit for any reason it starts this cyclic vomiting. I could definitely eat better, exercise more etc but I dont think that is my main problem

@hydro soil. I dunno what could possibly be on or in my cannabis? I vape only my own outdoor, no pesticides or anything, minimal fertilizer. my grow partner vapes almost as much as I do, no problems.

2/3 of the last times I was sick, I happened to vape a bunch of bho that same day (and the other time I vaped more weed than usual). these 3 times were all weird and I vomited unexpectedly, things that would normally just make me feel a bit nauseated (1.overeating japanese food 2.playing hockey until I was dead tired 3. staying up all night shoveling snow) I am thinking it is the cannabinoid overload

That makes it more difficult, though 'outdoor' doesn't mean properly grown/flushed. Most growers I know don't know what really clean cannabis is... so it's possible you don't realize your cannabis isn't completely 'clean'.

Cannabis is also a massive heavy metal concentrator... what's in the soil there and what's been there in the past?

What are you making your BHO with?

Since you're not having an out and out allergic reaction... I'm gonna have to say you'll be able to enjoy cannabis again, as soon as you figure out what's on or in what you're using.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Skip

Veteran
thanks fer all the opinions guys

@green pinky. maybe I should have worded it better, just a little cold doesn't make me vomit. but if I happen to vomit for any reason it starts this cyclic vomiting. I could definitely eat better, exercise more etc but I dont think that is my main problem

@hydro soil. I dunno what could possibly be on or in my cannabis? I vape only my own outdoor, no pesticides or anything, minimal fertilizer. my grow partner vapes almost as much as I do, no problems.

2/3 of the last times I was sick, I happened to vape a bunch of bho that same day (and the other time I vaped more weed than usual). these 3 times were all weird and I vomited unexpectedly, things that would normally just make me feel a bit nauseated (1.overeating japanese food 2.playing hockey until I was dead tired 3. staying up all night shoveling snow) I am thinking it is the cannabinoid overload
Yes, I have heard of several other ppl having this syndrome. It's your body trying to tell you something. Stop smoking it! Cannabis is NOT for everyone. And this syndrome seems to happen to ppl who abuse it a bit too much. You said you were doing bong hits of oil... Well, that's about as mainline as you can get...

Skip

Veteran
I was wanting to start a thread like this myself...

Here's what bothers me about 40 yrs of smoking (with a long break in the middle)...

#1: It takes me twice as long to do work when stoned.
#2: I can't multitask anymore - I can only focus on one thing at a time. Of course that focus is intense and long-lasting. I can work on one thing for days. This may be more an effect of aging than cannabis use.
#3: Coughing. I hate having to cough, sometimes uncontrollably, esp. with strong weed.
#4: Paranoia. Definitely more paranoid when high, but this is because we live in a police state. Didn't have this problem when I lived in Amsterdam. But that's an effect of the law not the cannabis.

But as far as long term detrimental effects... NONE!

B

BrnCow

That Mexican brickweed will give you a nasty cough and make some people paranoid if they smoke too much. Some weed can cause heart palpitations and that isn't good. If you have a defib, it can mess up the heart enough to get you shocked...real bad...but for most if appears to be fairly benign except for the trash a person inhales by smoking...makes government officials insane by guilt intolerance...

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
might as well ask: noticed any adverse effects from being alive?

really, there's more and more idiots roaming the earth...

there's no friendship with idiots, why bother?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I was wanting to start a thread like this myself...

Here's what bothers me about 40 yrs of smoking (with a long break in the middle)...

#1: It takes me twice as long to do work when stoned.
#2: I can't multitask anymore - I can only focus on one thing at a time. Of course that focus is intense and long-lasting. I can work on one thing for days. This may be more an effect of aging than cannabis use.
#3: Coughing. I hate having to cough, sometimes uncontrollably, esp. with strong weed.
#4: Paranoia. Definitely more paranoid when high, but this is because we live in a police state. Didn't have this problem when I lived in Amsterdam. But that's an effect of the law not the cannabis.

But as far as long term detrimental effects... NONE!
Skip (and anyone else having these issues)... you need to switch to sativas and cleanly grown sativas. "Stoned" is non-productive and comes from indica cannabinoid profiles.... just don't do it. You want to use indicas? Make topicals and rub them on your skin.

Get "high" with sativas and you'll increase your work performance... with the right strain.

Switch to mainly edibles with only a little toking now and again. The only 'Cough' you should have is if that particular strain has an irritant to it... if "All" your strains do that, you need to filter your intake air or stop spraying stuff on your meds.
If you have a 'cough' when you're not actively toking... your meds aren't clean. (Or you're a tobacco smoker or something)

The paranoia.... well, that's you as you already mentioned. Deal with it or move to a med-state. Been in both.

People really need to take a serious look at quality. I'm finding way too many people who have NO clue that their product is absolute garbage... and the rest have just 'bad'. I've only run into one other grower that runs 'clean' meds like I do and only ONE dispensary in 4 years that had anything resembling what I would call 'fire'.

The differences in your health can be astounding.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
most sativas are a more productive high, but i find not all as creative as some indicas..

talking pheno expression in general,,

El Toker

The only regular health problem I get is fluid build-up in my middle ears. Sometimes I just have to leave the bong alone for a few days until my hearing returns to normal. Has happened a couple of times over the last three years.

I used to have a dreadful smokers cough, but that went a few months after I cut out the tobacco.

My dentist blames my gum problems on smoking anything, but they don't seem to have got any worse since I quit tobacco.

As far as mental health problems go, I sometimes get a bit paranoid when I'm really high. When I looked out of the window one day to see the a small army of coppers gathering outside my house with shields and batons at the ready, for a brief moment it seemed like a sensible idea to grab the huge plant I was trimming and walk outside with it giving myself up, the only thing that stopped me was that they started to kick in the door across the road. That kind of thinking has got to be bad for your health.

That's after nearly 30 years of smoking on and off, mostly on. In that time I've seen tobacco kill two people close to me and alcohol seeing off another. I think making cannabis my drug of choice was probably one of my smarter decisions.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i don't notice any adverse effects from using marihuana except i started smoking cigs like literally a week before i started smoking weed. whenever i smoke weed the smoking action makes me really want some tobacco. or rather the addictive nicotene they put in it.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
im wanting to get "medicated" but at the same time i would really like to go across the street and buy some smokes so i can smoke along with my bong hits. so im going to do neither for now.

VirginHarvester

Veteran
At the end of the day you have to ask yourself, are you better off with the medicinal effects of MJ vs possible long term effects? What we have to remember is that we take and ingest substances and foods all our lives that have potentially, or certainly, negative effects. We could be talking about eggs and bacon, or processed sugary foods, or other drugs we have access to and choose to use, or not. I see little downside with moderate via a vaporizer.

What I've noticed though "thanks" to legal access to cannabis is that I don't crave exercise as much and tend to become complacent because of sedation and lack of discipline. For me, that's the biggest downside- that I don't effect my attitude positively through exercise and endorphin release much these days... I think about it though.

Before I lived in a med state it was dangerous growing and I had to be careful about medicating because of access and public perception, which led me to exercise more to cope.

SpayceRayce

Sadly, I find that weed makes me less angry, more sociable, happier, hungrier, funnier, calmer, hornier, communicative, accepting, forgiving, caring and careful. And a criminal. Not worth it, for sure.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
some folks are predisposed to anxiety/panic attacks. those folks should be very careful using MJ as too much can trigger severe episodes.

burning any organic material causes inflammation of the mucus membranes and soft tissues of the lungs and throat. this can result in all sorts of badness. there are some doctors and scientists who understand the root cause of alot of disease is inflammation.

now this is not the cannabis but the ingestion method. cannabis alone is anti inflammatory while smoking causes inflammation. it is possible that the two cancel each other out however, causing inflammation then treating it still has the effect of inflaming the tissues in the first place.

we as "activists" need to recognize and address some negatives(even if you believe MJ is a miracle with no negatives)to be taken seriously. no one listens to a zealot except other zealots ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts