What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

vermontman

Oaxacan Gold HIGH TIMES

Oaxacan Gold HIGH TIMES

I can't Express enough the pics below was the bud that came in the bag I paid an unheard $150.00 a OZ for back in 1979. Even this lightly seeded bud was chunky solid delicious, and turned out to be a very strong and incredibly stable grower, where for years the seedlings are so stable they look like clones. Also read of pure African sativas back in the day with buds as big as a mans forearm, It may have even been Ethiopian
So again my thought is not all pure sativas are delicate super long flowering, with slighter yields.

Attachments

• thWM326WZ1.jpg
    thWM326WZ1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

purple clouds

Veteran
I think thcvhunter and mustafunk was right when they said purple chitrali kush/congo being in the angola roja. I think the angola was a green cultivar and LMN wanted one with red/pink hairs. So he crossed the angola to PCK/Congo then backcrossed to a feminized angola. Just my opinion from smelling chitrali terps during my winter/cool temps grow and finding hidden herm traits in the females when making hybrids.

Your plant looks like the typical color seen in the purple chitrali kush too.

We'll know for sure when sam does the DNA tests on the seeds I sent him.

satva

Veteran
Copalita Oaxacan

Copalita Oaxacan

Copalita Oaxacan - CO has a diverse genetic background.

Copalita Oaxacan - CO- 1
NLD thin leaves, similar growth to Punto Rojo. Symetrical branch structure. Copalita Oaxacan - CO- 1 leaves are not as long and slender as Punto Rojo. or as long flowering as Punto Rojo. Copaliota Oaxacan flowers are denser. Skunk aroma in flower, typical throughout the phenos.

Pine, incense, sweet spice / cedar ~ 16 weeks flowering good flower density.

Spacious, trippy, calm, and peaceful high. Copalita Oaxacan - 1 is a nice smoking blend with Colombian Gold / ColJam.

Copalita Oaxacan - 1 is my favorite. Still needs a much longer cure.

Copalita Oaxacan - CO- 2

earthy, cedar, coffee, incense, tobacco

similar to CO - 1 not as branchy, aroma is tobacco and pine, nothing I'd consider pleasant. The other end of the spectrum from Punto Rojo sweet tropical fruit aroma.

Copalita Oaxacan - CO- 3

Aligator serated leaves, asymetrical branching more vine-like than South American Christmas Tree / symetrical branching. Scraggly growth structure, kind of a strange and opposite plant compared to Copalita Oaxacan - CO-1.

Copalita Oaxacan - CO-4

Aligator serated leaves, asymetrical branching, big internodal stretch - similar to South East Asian growth structure. Several of these pheno-types have hermied in early flower.

Copalita Oaxacan - 1 x ColJam - Colombian Gold dominate look good

Copalita Oaxacan - 2 x ColJam -1960's Jamacian Lambsbread dominate seedlings look interesting, but finicky from the get go......

Copalita Oaxacan also has some WLD genetics.

Last edited:

vermontman

I think thcvhunter and mustafunk was right when they said purple chitrali kush/congo being in the angola roja. I think the angola was a green cultivar and LMN wanted one with red/pink hairs. So he crossed the angola to PCK/Congo then backcrossed to a feminized angola. Just my opinion from smelling chitrali terps during my winter/cool temps grow and finding hidden herm traits in the females when making hybrids.

Your plant looks like the typical color seen in the purple chitrali kush too.

We'll know for sure when sam does the DNA tests on the seeds I sent him.

Mustafunk and yourself could be fully correct, I Know Mustafunk has a great deal of experience with African Genetics as you seem to. And it will be very interesting to hear the DNA results of This Angola.
Thank man!

Madjag

Veteran
I grew LMN Angola outdoors last year and it started with almost Indica-sized leaves. As the season moved on the leaves thinned in size and design. The high is primarily Sativa and the buds on a 6 foot plant were arranged in a Foxtail style.....individual buds were no larger than finger diameter. Yet the buds themselves were tight and solid and not like the typical Foxtail, airy buds I've grown on Zamal hybrids or have seen in photos of strict NLD plants from Thailand or southern India.

I agree with @Mustafunk and @purple clouds that there is some other influence at play. LMN was known for making his own crosses and passing them on as Landrace. DNA tests will shed some light for sure, however it will be some years before Phylos Biosciences gets that detailed with the many individual seeds sent in by serious growers.

I sent in a couple dozen seeds, perhaps 8 different strains, and one particularly unique variety was gifted to me by an IC member who got it from an old-school dealer friend of his. Those two seeds sat in his drawer for all these years just waiting to become a "reference strain": 1977 Guerrero from Mexico. Can't wait for that one to help establish a baseline for that part of Mexico.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Musta , Purple Cloud , MJ

I dare you to go look at Dave Couliers "Durban Poison " , then come back and tell .

Durban Poison with Pink Calyxes . And leaves shaped like Pakistan Citral Kush ?
My eyes don`t deceive me very often .

But , it was sold to him as Durban Poison ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

mexicani-ar

Bodhi Acapulco Gold

Bodhi Acapulco Gold

45th day of flowering 11/13 - on/off, saludos mexicani-ar

Attachments

• 20160718_003941.jpg
    20160718_003941.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 20

The Revolution

Veteran
I can't Express enough the pics below was the bud that came in the bag I paid an unheard $150.00 a OZ for back in 1979. Even this lightly seeded bud was chunky solid delicious, and turned out to be a very strong and incredibly stable grower, where for years the seedlings are so stable they look like clones. Also read of pure African sativas back in the day with buds as big as a mans forearm, It may have even been Ethiopian
So again my thought is not all pure sativas are delicate super long flowering, with slighter yields.

Nice herb!! Wanted to let ya know everythings doing amazing, and I have been meaning to snap some pics. This week I will get out there with the camera. Im not gna mess around with phone pics, Im going to take in the Canon, and get some good shots over everything. A cpl of the hog are showing preflowers. The smells coming off these plants are amazing, and just wanted to say thank you again.

vermontman

Nice herb!! Wanted to let ya know everythings doing amazing, and I have been meaning to snap some pics. This week I will get out there with the camera. Im not gna mess around with phone pics, Im going to take in the Canon, and get some good shots over everything. A cpl of the hog are showing preflowers. The smells coming off these plants are amazing, and just wanted to say thank you again.

Thank you bud!
VERY COOL! can't wait to see your pics, I have to say as many strains as I have come across, there is nothing quite like HOG, not to say it's better or not, it's just so distinctly unique.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
small update on my StrawberryHogwash' (StrawberryCoughxSSSDH)x (G13xCirca94 [bagseed sativa(m)]) @64 days 12/12 and ~39days since sexing.

so far all are leaning to the sativa side of things. most are hazey looking hybrids but the #1 pheno is the most sativa structured of all.

can't really identify any smells yet cept the #2 pheno which smells like strawberry lemonade. the #1 pheno smells like wood i guess you can call it, a musty spicy type of smell but very mild. the #3 pheno smells kinda piney but also that woody smell like the #1. kinda reminds me of wood furniture.

picture.php

#1 pheno. dunno why this pic is sideways.

picture.php

#2 pheno most like the mom, heavy frost, and hazey bud structure.

picture.php

#3 pheno the leafiest one of all, they're all leafy this ferts i've been using has a lot of nitrogen, but this one is the most bushy and leafy. kinda like a mix between the #1 and #2 phenos.

picture.php

group shot of all 6. there's 2 small ones in there and a runty one thats still somehow alive at the bottom of everything.

Cernunnos

Here's a Mullum Thai that was as tough as. It went in very late and finished very late for it's locale but still got to a reasonable size, all things considered. It was harvested after the solstice just gone.

vermontman

Acapulco Gold whispy bud?

Acapulco Gold whispy bud?

Great buds all, nice work
But back to some interpretations of the others I find may be misguided.
First pic Preservation Dudes Acapulco Gold, and old 1970's pic of {THE BUD}
Now maybe I am not seeing this correctly but the vintage photo of Acapulco Gold by no means looks thin , airy, whispy to me. Now imagine this bud not seeded and well fed, Though not nearly quite as vibrant gold as the Acapulco gold I sunk my brain into back in the day. Could that be the heritage of bud on left?
ANYONE?

Attachments

• ANGOLA, A.G. & NEPALI 090.jpg
    ANGOLA, A.G. & NEPALI 090.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 45
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day V

Natural as well as human selection.
Selecting for bigger tighter flowers in a place that gets hurricanes . Or earlier flowering at a time of heavy rains . Might send the farmer broke if its a bad season .

Selecting for supple stems and looser flowers and natural selection through environment may narrow the phenotypes to those that suit local conditions . The longer the selection went on the more I would expect to see evolution and adaption .
Keeping in mind the seeds had to come from a different locale . Many generations ago .

Until sensimilla the size and presentation of flowers would have been selected with different criteria . So a new pheno would be selected again .

Different goals in different eras .

Thanks for sharin

EB