What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

oregon grow

Rose56

Hi, We are planing on moving close to North bend. I have always gown outside in s. ca inland(hot and dry summers). Does anyone have any suggestions? I'll start in a greenhouse and move them outside. How do they grow there? I saw a farm off freeway, close to harvest but maybe only 4' high. Any advice will be appreciated , thanks

St. Phatty

Hi, We are planing on moving close to North bend. I have always gown outside in s. ca inland(hot and dry summers). Does anyone have any suggestions? I'll start in a greenhouse and move them outside. How do they grow there? I saw a farm off freeway, close to harvest but maybe only 4' high. Any advice will be appreciated , thanks

Looks really nice ! - near the ocean & Coos Bay.

about 20 years ago, a woman told me about her experience starting a large community coffee shop with a heavy peace vibe, in Coos Bay.

She helped people find housing for lower income people, the police were watching her the whole time, one of her adoptees got hit up for drug possession, they seized her whole show.

In her honor I use the term, Star Pukes - because that's how she refers to Starbucks.

Anyway, so that's part of the history of the area.

It would have a climate like Humboldt when it's colder and maybe a little wetter. Although Humboldt can get sunny at odd times of the year. & Foggy in the summer.

One idea is to get a small Light greenhouse so you can take advantage of Winter/Fall/Spring sun and keep the temps up.

I was going to say, a light deprivation greenhouse, but in those seasons the days are short anyway.

I find that when growing where there is morning moisture in the air - like North Bend - the morning plant-shaking, to shed some moisture, and early morning sunlight heat, become real important.

Without them, you have a near perfect mold culture.

I think with most grow spots the local geography and "human habitat" end up being the most important. Having a grow that is protected by geography and good neighbors is way more important than X hours of sun a day.