What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400w MH 2 00 Seeds Northern Lights and 3 Short Stuff Dr. Feelgood

NeDank

I started this grow on another forum but I can no longer login to said forum so this thread will be my home from now on.

This week is currently number 6 (thursday) the way I count day 1 is to wait on till the last plant germinates. Updates will be every Friday/Saturday on a weekly basis.

Setup:
400w MH
2'x4'x5' tent
10" pots
Seafood Compost and Potting Soil
BioThrive nutrients Grow, Bloom, CalMag+, Liquid Kelp

As you can see one stretchy Dr feelgood (3 plants to the right and NL to the left) grew into the light and got burnt. After that another dr feelgood grew into the light slightly burning its main bud. I'm super bummed about this because it could have easily been avoided but you know how it goes.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

NeDank

Last weeks update

picture.php

After this picture I cut off all the burnt leaves and buds.

Last edited:

NeDank

My goal for this grow is really small because this is only my second grow with autoflowers indoors. 3 Oz total would be awesome. Do you think this is a good goal for this grow?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just grow and don't concern yourself on yield as it's so subjective and many things can happen.

Might need to amp up nutes with light green growth, or they might be root bound being in smaller container. Good luck.

NeDank

Just grow and don't concern yourself on yield as it's so subjective and many things can happen.

Might need to amp up nutes with light green growth, or they might be root bound being in smaller container. Good luck.

I'm not concerned with yield I was just wondering is all. Feeding schedule is 6 table spoons biothrive grow 4 tbs liquid kelp 3 tbs calmag+ per 2 1/2 to 3 gallons. Most plants are nice and green except the stretchy burnt one idk what to do with that one. The light makes them look more yellow than they actually are in the pictures. This weeks update will clear things up.

NeDank

This grow has been somewhat lucky so far. I started with 2 00 seeds Northern Lights and 4 Short Stuff Dr Feelgood. Ended up culling 1 DrF due to it wasn't growing after sprouting. Then the remaining three DrF ended up female. Although it would have been nice to have a male to make a cross between DrF and NL but oh well more bud for me.

NeDank

Update time. This week I've been trying to keep a closer eye on how close the plants grow to the light. Trying to keep it about 6" away from the tops. At that level the light isn't as hot as it was when they were growing right up to the reflector. Other than that everything seems to be going well. Most plants are nice and green without yellowing. Planing on adding bloom ferts to the next watering as they are starting to stack buds. NL is farther along than the Dr's so they will probably come down first.

On to the pics.

First up you can see how close the light is to the plants
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

NeDank

I hope the plants don't stretch much more because I only have about 6" of space to raise the light. Do you guys think the stretch faze is over?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hope the plants don't stretch much more because I only have about 6" of space to raise the light. Do you guys think the stretch faze is over?

Try gently bending down top w/ string/tape perhaps....low angle at first so you don't snap the stalk. Bend more as plant responds.

NeDank

Generally, you don't supercrop autoflowers.
oh really i never knew that. I supercropped one of the dr feelgood's and it went vary well. It was the really stretchy one she grew out of it fine. Anyways i wont supercrop them anymore. Thanks!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some crop, others don't. Any trauma to autoflowers, it usually stunts them. Play around with it (cropping vs. LST) and see for yourself....Good luck! End reward....nice smoke! ;o)

NeDank

Some crop, others don't. Any trauma to autoflowers, it usually stunts them. Play around with it (cropping vs. LST) and see for yourself....Good luck! End reward....nice smoke! ;o)
So far I'm liking supercroping idk if I'd do it early on in a plants life but it seems better than topping but maybe more stressful than lst.

NeDank

So I've been contemplating cutting down one of the plants or defoliating the middle portion of the tent as it is getting quite dense and I want buds to form from top to bottom. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Stay tuned for the next update in a few days.

NeDank

Update time we are at week 3 flower

Not much to update this time. Flowers are growing and growth has slowed. Losing a couple bottom fan leaves but thats to be expected. peace all

pics
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts