What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is my plant sick?

Viejo

I am concerned that my plant is sick, it doesn't have flat green color, it has a light spotty pattern, but it's uniformed. Is my plant sick?
Attached is a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_2817.jpg
    IMG_2817.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 9
No, not sick...Its is just beginning to tell you its a little hungry....Not sure if your in dirt or hydro...If your in organics, it a little early to be seeing any deficiency, even as mild as that is...your seeing the first sign if magnesium deficiency...the very slight yellowing btwn the leaf veins is classic magnesium problem...it is SO MILD at this point, it wont skip a beat should you address it....if your running lite nutes, probably just time to up them...If they are at 'normal' levels for that size plant, adding a touch of Calmag or just plain Epsom salts will green it right up again.....more info would tell the story but NO NEED to panic...its very mild and EASILY fixed cause otherwise, its very healthy looking...

I am concerned that my plant is sick, it doesn't have flat green color, it has a light spotty pattern, but it's uniformed. Is my plant sick?
Attached is a picture.

Its choking on the Miracle grow potting soil..LOL....no, dont panic....VERY mild magnesium deficiency...if you like growing soil, use a quality mix designed for weed....Yellowing btwn the leaf veins is classic mag def....its otherwise healthy looking...Address it and it wont skip a beat...add a small amt of Epsom salt into the water at your next watering...Its a small plant, so try a tsp in a gallon at first....A tbsp per gallon is a standard for larger plants with magnesium def.....its very mild, so it should green her right up...
An after thought...I assume you have a pH meter and have that under control?...if that is miracle grow, it is do-able but far from a favorite choice...I habe known a few that ammended with a 1/4 stretch nutrient throughout the grow and came out decent....ph should be 6.8-7.0....best to get away from the soil...so hard to control whats going on...maybe some coco coir with some perlite so u feel like your in soil...completely inert, cant over water, and you give the EXACT nutrients for each stage of growth...

Last edited:

Viejo

Hey Yankee, thank you so much for your input. As far as a ph meter, no, I don't have one, I am bran new to this, actually going into it blind, trying my luck at it. I've use ph tester for swimming pools in the past, but no, I'm not familiar with a PH METER. (?)
I will try the Epsom salt first.
Thanks again.

Viejo

Hi Yankee, I hope you don't mind if I poke your brain a little.
Question:
Once you start the blooming stage and you start to bloom, how long do you go before you can harvest the crops?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hungry for Mg.

Mix .25g Epsom & 2-3 ml Fulvic Acid in 1L water & foliar spray your plant once a week until a week or two after flowering is initiated. Foliar sprays can be up to 12x more effective in nutrient delivery when compared to soil feeding.

Don't add epsom to your soil. It could cause a lock out condition causing other deficiencies.

Viejo

MJ

MJ

Thank MJ, I will try that.
BTW, after plant starts to bloom, how long do you leave it before harvesting?

Kalachakra

In bloom, you have four phases.
1 "Stretch" with approximately 2 /3,5 weeks (plant need P to induce budding)
2 emergence of the flowers 1/1,5 weeks (at this time P=K)
3 volume and mass increase 3/4,5 weeks (2K for 1P)
4 flushing for maturation 1/2 weeks (one last K and flush)

Not valid for haze or landrace sativa ; how long depends on your phéno and of how you like the cooking of your steak...
If it is a rich medical quality there cbd, begin the flushing in the middle of the third phase and the cutting before the plant collapses (between weeks 7 and 8).

Viejo

In bloom, you have four phases.
1 "Stretch" with approximately 2 /3,5 weeks (plant need P to induce budding)
2 emergence of the flowers 1/1,5 weeks (at this time P=K)
3 volume and mass increase 3/4,5 weeks (2K for 1P)
4 flushing for maturation 1/2 weeks (one last K and flush)

Not valid for haze or landrace sativa ; how long depends on your phéno and of how you like the cooking of your steak...
If it is a rich medical quality there cbd, begin the flushing in the middle of the third phase and the cutting before the plant collapses (between weeks 7 and 8).
Hello Kalachakra, thank you for your reply, it's much appreciated. One question, most of of the flowering plants that I've seen on the web have had very little or no leafs on it. At some point, am I suppose to trim the leaves off? do they fall off? Or is there something that's supposed to happen?

Viejo

Hi Kalachakra, forgot to ask one more thing. In step 2, you mentioned that P = K. And in step 3, you mentioned that 2K = 1P. Then in step you mentioned FLUSHING and 1 last K then FLUSH.
SORRY FOR THE IGNORANCE BUT CAN YOU EXPAND A LITTLE ON THESE POINTS

PS: I know that...
N = Nitrogen
P = Phosphorus
K= Potassium

Kalachakra

For my (not a decree!) they are the needs for the plant according to its phases of blooming until term, it is a story of proportion ( P-K) to avoid the deficiencies or burn plants but you can do it without fertilizer and adjust the soup according to the deficiencies which will appear (don't stop N during the process).

In step 3 you can read too 1K for half P ; personnaly i use Cal-Mag at flower weeks 1 and 3 too, and for me the "flushing" when i make a session with fertilizers to increase the final quantity, that consists in giving only some clear water hanging both in last three weeks.

It is just a road map to try to avoid you of the bothers, nothing will ever replace your own experience...
Trust in you and make weed great, again :biggrin: .

Latest posts

Latest posts