What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Police raid suspected grow home(they were growing tomatoes)

Betterhaff

Veteran
if we fuck up we get punished....is it just me to think that if cops,who are supposed to protect people and lead by example,screw up shouldnt their penalties be harsher than civilians?
Yeah, like the California cops that were taking drugs from the evidence room and selling them and got caught. They just got sentenced. Community service…no jail time.

OldPhart

Yeah, like the California cops that were taking drugs from the evidence room and selling them and got caught. They just got sentenced. Community service…no jail time.

I guess they weren't taking enough off the street, so they had to hit up their stash. Dirty bastards.

I hope that family realizes just how lucky they are. I cant hardly believe that they cops did't plant some shit just to save face.

yahooman

Everyone should watch this to the end. It's worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEcUBRqlKdw

I'm not being smart, I'm genuinely asking...where do you put it then?

If you don't toss it, it's still in your possession. And you will have plants piling up?

And amen to this judge who has a brain...

“Law-abiding tea drinkers and gardeners beware,” writes Judge Carlos Lucero in his opinion [PDF]. “One visit to a garden store and some loose tea leaves in your trash may subject you to an early-morning, SWAT-style raid, complete with battering ram, bulletproof vests, and assault rifles.”

And I love the judge who said what he sees amounts to "lazy police work" but doesn't rise to the level of canceling their immunity...

So clearly violating two constitutional rights, of an entire family, plus the embarrassment, social/financial costs etc, based on evidence that they didn't have, because it doesn't exist...is just "lazy?" When asked, they couldn't provide the supposed field sample, not even the pictures they are supposed to have of it?

If I didn't check that story (I did, it's true) I would think it was a hoax. How could they get it that wrong? It's almost as bad as the time they blew that kid's face off with a stun grenade, looking for someone who wasn't even in the house.

they are just trying to fill prisons up....its a business after all....

gh0stm0de

Everyone should watch this to the end. It's worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEcUBRqlKdw

I'm not being smart, I'm genuinely asking...where do you put it then?

Really..? Anything you want to dsiposr of privately you might consider disposing of at another location to which you have no ties, will not be observed, and will not leave license plate (or make/model) on camera. My philosophy is dont make work for others. If you fill up a business' dumpster and irritatr them for example they may be more likely to pick up the phone in hopes of making your life harder.