What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

O Tellado das Sativas (43N outdoor grow)

vcasqui

Hey, how are you guys doing? I hope all is fine.

I will make a little smoke report in the future Criollo. I'll let them cure first, but sadly the drying process was not really a success; better than last year, but still too much humidity and low temps.

@dubi thanks as always. I'm positive next year is going to be better. I already have all planned, more or less. I'm gonna be growing Orient Express, QM and Bangi Haze, and hopefully I'll do better with the feeding and the watering now that I already grew all those types of marihuana.

See ya :huggg:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi vcasqui,

Thanks for thinking in growing some of our genetics for next outdoor season. ;)
Best regards!

vcasqui

Hey vcasqui
How was the effect of the queen mothers?

Hey 48N, sry that I didn't make a smoke report in the end. Sadly the drying and the curing process were not good. Also, remember that the plants could have been grown better. So I feel a little hessitant to give my opinion.

The effect of the Queen Mother was good. The first part is kind of uplifting/happy, I find myself wanting to do something (like playing with the dog, do the dishes, dance, or just watch a comedy/joke around with friends). Then it's more relaxing/introspective, perfect for listening to music, watch a movie or read. I can also be looking to a wall, just thinking. It lasts for a decent amount of time, and there is not much effect on the body.

Overall it is nothing crazy, It doesn't disable you (mind or body). I like it.

But anyways, everyone is different, so maybe another person get another effect. Also (as I said), they could have been grown better, so maybe the effect can be stronger.

Cheers!

Last edited:

vcasqui

Hey Criollo, thank you my man.

I just ordered the seeds for this season like 30 minutes ago. This year is only gonna be a pack of 6 Queen Mothers.

I think this season I'm gonna grow 4 plants in 12-17l pots. With the 6 QM seeds, the freebie Kali China and the Pulsar I have from last year should be enough. Also, I still have 3 violeta standart seeds from 2016 in case all goes horribly wrong with the germination.

In the other hand, I want to try the seeds my OE gave me last year (feminized OE x unknown father), but I don't have too much trust in them. So, if they germinate I'll try to find a spot to grow a couple of them in little 7lt pots.

I would LOVE to grow the Bangi Haze once again. I really like that plant (it's my favourite from ACE so far), but the QM's respond really well to LST, and they are really sturdy. I feel like they are more "noob friendly" than the BH's. Also, the smell of the BH I had was really strong, and I don't think I can afford that right now.

Leets see how it goes.

See you guys.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi vcasqui,

Thanks for getting your beans for this outdoor season through our website. Have a great one! :wave:

vcasqui

Of course dubi, ACE website never dissapoints! (well, only when there is no stock left haha).

Little update on how things are going:

- Around June/7 I placed Seven Queen Mother seeds + One Kali China in water for 24 hours. Then they were placed into the classic "ovni" system for another 24 hours or so.

- After that, they went to the 1L pots. I pulvericed the soil with some water, and placed translucent freezer bags on top to keep the humidity high.

- Around 48 hours later all the plants were showing their head.

I think they poped out of the soil around June/11, so they are reaching their second week of life (I'm not keeping track of the dates too much for the moment).

The weather is not being too bad. Some days of rain, some days of clouds, and some days of sun. Sadly the wind is letting me down for the moment; I really like windy days when my babies are little, to keep the stems strong.

They are pretty healthy. I just gave them their first feeding a couple days ago (The soil I'm using have a good amount of nutrients for the first 10 days or so). The only thing I dislike is that I found a couple of little bug bites (they are outdoors so it is somewhat expected), but I will try to keep them under control.

Also, I mixed the QM seeds with the KC one. So the first days I was not sure which one was the KC, now that they are developing more I think I know 100% which one is the Kali China.

I wanted to share some pics, but this weekend I went to celebrate San Juan with some friends; they drank a lot and spilled wine all over my phone while I was cooking the meat... so that's sad. With some luck I will be able to fix it, but that will have to wait a week or two.

Aaaaand that's all for the moment. I will try to keep the thread updated.

Take care folks! :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi vcasqui,

Nice to hear news about your start of the season. :)
Should be easy to identify the Kali China once your seedlings are bigger.
Post pics in case you have any doubt to identify her.

Best wishes!

vcasqui

Hey dubi, thanks. I already have her identified.

The plants are on day 21 of life or so. They are developing the 5th pair of leafs if I counted right. Still in 1L pots (I wanted to transplant them today, but I had 3 days of rain, so the soil is still too wet. I think I will be able to transplant in a couple of days).

Regarding their health status: They are overall doing fine. One of the QMs have a couple of leafs burnt in the edges (just a little), maybe I fed them a little bit too much, but the rest of them are ok. I also found more little bites in all the plants, and one of the QMs has 2 or 3 leafs really damaged because a snail ate them.

I will keep 4 of the 8 plants in the main location, and I'll try to find a spot for the others if possible. One will be the KC. I want to post some pics so you guys can help me decide which 3 I should keep. I hope that I will be able to post them in 3 or 4 days (maybe a week, after the transplant is done).

Until then, Take care :)

vcasqui

My mother let me her phone to take some pics. Sry for the quality of them, but atleast it's better than nothing :O

I'll post the others, but with my internet it will take a little while to upload :(

Attachments

• KC_top.jpg
    KC_top.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 12
  • KC_side.jpg
    KC_side.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 11
  • QM1_top.jpg
    QM1_top.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 10
  • QM1_side.jpg
    QM1_side.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 14

vcasqui

More

Attachments

• QM3_side.jpg
    QM3_side.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 12
  • QM3_top.jpg
    QM3_top.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 20160716 144528
    20160716 144528
    68.5 KB · Views: 24
  • QM2_top.jpg
    QM2_top.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 11

vcasqui

Here you can see the one that has a couple of leafs damaged by snails.

Attachments

• QM5_side.jpg
    QM5_side.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 11
  • QM5_top.jpg
    QM5_top.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 12
  • QM4_side.jpg
    QM4_side.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 13
  • QM4_top.jpg
    QM4_top.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 15

vcasqui

And the last post.

Sadly they have been stuck in the 5th node for 3 or 4 days already. I need to transplant them ASAP. Tomorrow I will, most likely. But anyways, the weather is not helping this year; I hope that the upcoming months will bring more sun.

Also, you can see how many little bites my babies have. It's not a (big) plague for the moment, so I will try to keep them as clean as possible.

That's all for now. See you guys.

Attachments

• QM7_side.jpg
    QM7_side.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 13
  • QM7_top.jpg
    QM7_top.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 12
  • QM6_side.jpg
    QM6_side.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 14
  • QM6_top.jpg
    QM6_top.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 10

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi vcasqui,

Yes, i think they will really enjoy with a transplant soon.
Once the plants get bigger the snails are no longer a problem.

To avoid snails outdoors next time you start from seed or from small clones, you can use beer to atract them so they stay away from your plants, or settle a border of salt in the ground around the perimeter of the plants. There are simple methods that work great to avoid snails and similar plagues in the seedling stage.

Best wishes!

vcasqui

Looking nice and ready for transplant,
good luck! ;)

Thank you bro. I'll need it :D

Hi vcasqui,

Yes, i think they will really enjoy with a transplant soon.
Once the plants get bigger the snails are no longer a problem.

To avoid snails outdoors next time you start from seed or from small clones, you can use beer to atract them so they stay away from your plants, or settle a border of salt in the ground around the perimeter of the plants. There are simple methods that work great to avoid snails and similar plagues in the seedling stage.

Best wishes!

I'll write that down, for the next time. Luckly it was only one plant and just a couple of leafs. Thanks for the tips tho!

Regarding the plants, they are already transplanted. The ones that will go to the main location are in 5'5l pots (that will be later transplanted to 17l), the other four are in 3.25l pots (that will be transplanted to 7-11l, if I can find a spot for them). I hope they will be able to grow properly, because this year I'm running all pretty late, so maybe they won't grow as I would like. I really need to do things better; all years I say I will do things better and all years I fail. I'm a slacker, I need to stop that (I transplanted them today, two days later than I said I would).

Health status is OK, I think I let them dry a lil bit too much for the transplant, so the QM's seem to be a little bit sad, with some leaf borders a little brittle (i'm just guessing here, maybe it is the amount of food I gave them, but for some reason I don't think so).

The Kali China is perfect tho, amazingly green. Well, maybe not perfect because the top stems are purple, and even though it may be because of the night temperatures, for the moment I will assume its a lack of calcium/magnesium. She is not a big drinker compared to the QM's; It was the only plant that had the soil still a lil bit humid in the bottom.

As I think I said before, this year I'm not using or gonna use the 70/30 soil to coco mix, just soil. The products I'm using so far are: Supervit and Cal-Max in every watering, Power Roots and Pure Zym (plagron) after each transplant, and BioCannabium as growing fertilizer when I feel like they've eat the nutrients in the soil.

The weather is still pretty shitty. Most days are cloudy, with some rainy ones. But the last couple we had a decent amount of sun, so hopefully It will stay that way.

That's all for the moment. I was not able to repair the smartphone, but I think my dad was. I will visit him tomorrow and with a little luck he will have good news. That way I'll be able to take pics of my babies more often.

See you and take care! :tiphat:

Last edited:

48N

hey vasqui
i wish you the best for this season
you grow similiar strains as me so im always interested :)

vcasqui

Thank you very much 48N. Nice to see you around!

I'll try to do my best (I even quit smoking until grow season is over, so I can go visit and take care of my plants without the fear of getting fucked by the police in the car with a drug test hahaha).

I wish you the best too!

edit: Btw, do you have a grow journal or something like that? I can't find it :O:O

Last edited:

vcasqui

Hey guys.

It's been almost a week since I transplanted the plants, and I'm pretty upset because they look awfull. I have no idea what's going on.

I'll post some pics so you can see.

I've been watering them with no food since the transplant (just 1ml/L of cal-max), because they started to show this kind of damage 1 or 2 days after it. Last year I didn't have this problem, and the only thing I changed is that I'm not using the 70/30 soil-coco mix, just soil.

Is this overfeeding? Underfeeding? Roots needing more air? Maybe PH issues... I did a ph test (by color, not electronic) and it showed around 6.5... so i was thinking about P/K excess, causing secondary-nutrient deficiencies.

This affected mainly the Queen Mothers. The Kali China is also a little damaged, but not nearly as bad as the QMs. I wanted to LST them today, but I don't want to stress them even more.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20180714_082638.jpg
    IMG_20180714_082638.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20180714_082705.jpg
    IMG_20180714_082705.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20180714_082817.jpg
    IMG_20180714_082817.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20180714_082648.jpg