What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

rolandomota

I was thinking about making a auto Malawi x reg Malawi males and back cross to auto Malawi 2 times to make regular Malawi seeds that autoflower then maybe cross this to the new more Malawi f6 auto in the future good idea aye? hmmm i wish i was legal Growing texas fucking sucks such crappy state for mj. One day

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
happy to see some new shots!

of the new auto hybrids you have produced, anything in particular that you are planning to prioritize?..

Hi OnceUpon,

Honestly, I haven't decided yet which new autoflowering developments we will prioritize, as we are inmeserse this season/year in the testings and breeding of many new projects. I will think about it calmly in upcoming months and start with the development of new autoflowering lines early next year.

Thanks for your interest. :thank you:
I will keep you all updated with any progress or news about the development of new ACE autoflowering strains.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I was thinking about making a auto Malawi x reg Malawi males and back cross to auto Malawi 2 times to make regular Malawi seeds that autoflower then maybe cross this to the new more Malawi f6 auto in the future good idea aye? hmmm i wish i was legal Growing texas fucking sucks such crappy state for mj. One day

Hi rolandomota,

Sounds good :) And I'm glad you are motivated to do your own breeding with our pure Malawi and Auto Malawi x NL.

In that sense i would recommend you to check my posts in this thread (page 7) about the consequences of crossing an autoflowering strain with a non autoflowering strain and to the fix the autoflowering trait again.

As i commented previously, we are also in the process to backcross our best Auto Malawi x NLs F3 (best high yielding sativa/indica phenos) to our New Killer Malawi parental plant, so if you can wait 1 or 2 years we at ACE will do that work by ourselves and for all of you ;)

Anyway, as you can see in my latest pics in the page 8, there are already very sativa autoflowering expressions in current Auto Malawi x NL F3 release.

'Boogieman'

It's very hard to find autoflowering strains in regular seed, will Ace produce any autos in regular form or just feminized?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi 'Boogieman',

Yes it can be done, but we have no plans to do a regular version in short term as we are busy at the moment with other breeding projects in many different areas.

48N

Time to give a smoke report
When I harvested the resin was white now it's golden, the green leaves are also losing their chlorophyll and turning more and more bright
I harvested about a month ago and pressed the buds lightly together before vacuuming in a jar so they cure better/faster

As soon as a week after harvest the buds smelled heavily chemically, an aroma I recognised from all the commercial buds I had to buy before starting to grow the good stuff myself
Now I know I've smoked some portion of northern lights before in my life

I had 3 plants, 1 outyielding both other phenos combined and smelling the most chemical
The smaller yielding ones smell of mango and the other one like a mix of tropical and local fruits, all kind of fruits
With time all of them lose some of the chemical smell and become more deep and organic
Every pheno was absolutely covered in crystals, most fan leaves as well, completely covered
The bud structure is fluffy but there's also some weight to it
A bud structure I haven't experienced before
If it dries out a little it gets pretty solid

Now to the effects
The first time smoking it was a very positive high/stone which produced a tingling sensation in and around my brain, but I got tolerant to all phenos pretty quick and I haven't got the tingling sensation again
Normally I don't get tolerant to the effects so quick, but I'm mainly smoking pure Sativas so maybe that has something to do with it
The smaller yielding phenos are more malawi, the big one more northern lights but they don't differ a lot in effect (maybe with a longer cure)

But I have to say it's all I'm smoking since it's harvested because my last years harvest wasn't that good yield wise
It was supposed to help me over the summer time and it did, so I'm grateful for that, thanks ACE

I'd be interested to give it a longer cure but I guess I will have used everything before I harvest my other strains from beginning to end of October

It's more a stone than a high but a stone with energy and red eyes, very positive and it has some power and depth
Sometimes before I step out and pass the mirror and I look at myself like: damn, you look so ridiculously stoned, you really wanna go in public like that? :)
I laugh at myself and step out of the building and enjoy the sun…

Also medicinal properties
It helps to relax and disentangle(got that word from the translator) scar tissue

It's semi functional, but there's not so much mental work i have to do during summer time so it's ok

If you're looking for a clearer more functional auto experience I'd recommend Auto CBG, which I grew 2 seasons ago

Anyway, thanks again for helping me end my drought, there are plenty plenty of cannabinoids in this strain that my body can use well

Bumbatar

These auto flowering plants reminded me of a interesting news story I saw about a new opium poppy breed from mysterious fast flowering "Chinese seed" supposedly originally used by the pharmaceutical industry. Some quotes from the article and the link with text to the article are below.

- "The primary problem is a new strain of genetically modified seed that comes from China , which allows poppies to be grown year round"

- "leading to a massive 43 percent surge in production last year."

- "the growth cycle of opium in Afghanistan is now around two months, when it used to take three times as long to grow the crop"

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/24/afg...new-seed-in-town-and-it-comes-from-china.html

A problem that Afghanistan and international governments have tried to eradicate for decades is only getting worse, and China is a big reason why.
Last week, Afghanistan released new data showing opium production is surging, information that dovetailed with a widely circulated 2016 United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) report that showed similar findings. The primary problem is a new strain of genetically modified seed that comes from China, which allows poppies to be grown year round. The so-called Chinese seeds began appearing in 2015, according to the UNODC, leading to a massive 43 percent surge in production last year.
According to a separate report from the Institute for War and Peace Reporting, the growth cycle of opium in Afghanistan is now around two months, when it used to take three times as long to grow the crop and process it into heroin. That means heroin can now be cultivated on a year-round basis, the report noted.
"We are aware of the new seed in town," Afghan government spokesperson Javid Faisal told CNBC in an interview. The war-torn country is working to gather more information about the new opium seed, and the government is in "search to find ways to avoid its traffic," Faisal added.
Although the plants are farmed legally for pharmaceutical purposes in China, the appearance across the border in Afghanistan has exacerbated a long-running headache for Afghan officials. For years, the country and international organizations have struggled to contain the ceaseless cultivation and multi-billion dollar sales of opium, widely considered to be Afghanistan's biggest source of economic activity.
The Afghan government said most of the opiate produced within the country is being sold in the global drug market, with Russia and Pakistan absorbing much of those exports. Europe is also a prime destination, as is North America. More than 47,000 people died from prescription and illegal opioids overdoses last year, according to the CDC report.

In 2007, UNODC data estimated the Afghan export value of opiates to be around $4 billion. Ten years later, that number has only gone up as the Taliban continue to use opiate revenue to fuel its insurgency against the Afghan government and NATO forces.
Faisal told CNBC that Taliban forces "cultivate themselves" with the opium, and that a whopping 90 percent of poppy fields are "in the areas which are under the Taliban control. They get a tenth of the opium produced in Afghanistan."

The opium problem has mushroomed despite the U.S.'s best efforts to eradicate poppy crops. In a January report, the Pentagon's Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR), the U.S. oversight agency for Afghan reconstruction efforts, said the U.S. has committed more than $8.5 billion to counter-narcotics efforts in Afghanistan. Still, Afghanistan remains the world's top opium producer.
Pentagon representatives declined to comment to CNBC about the rise of the new Chinese seed.

The Afghan opium trade remains a key source of funding for the Taliban, which is also benefiting from an influx of money from Saudi Arabia. The conundrum is unlikely to be resolved in the foreseeable future, as Taliban forces recently gained a key district in Helmand — a major hub for poppy production — ahead of the plant's peak season.
"We once again ask our international partners to close the international [opium] market" said Afghan government spokesperson to CNBC. The opium problem in Afghanistan is a global concern.

Bumbatar

A very interesting question that can be asked is why has no cannabis seed bank breeder ever attempted to breed cannabis into a "invasive plant species" just like the the mysterious year round multiple harvest super fast flower cannabis strain mentioned in the article from 2006 about Mexico???? Invasive plant is a real scientific category of plant, would be nice if cannabis became one.

This article talks about.

-The new plants, known as "Colombians," mature in about two months and can be planted at any time of year, meaning authorities will no longer be able to time raids to coincide with twice-yearly harvests.

-The plants' roots survive if they are doused with herbicide, said army Gen. Manuel Garcia.

-"Before we could cut the plant and destroy it, but this plant will come back to life unless it's taken out by the roots."

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/16311450/...id-marijuana-plant-found-mexico/#.WbEsIrjLfts

LAZARO CARDENAS, Mexico — Soldiers trying to seize control of one Mexico's top drug-producing regions found the countryside teeming with a new hybrid marijuana plant that can be cultivated year-round and cannot be killed with herbicides.
Soldiers fanned out across some of the new fields Tuesday, pulling up plants by the root and burning them, as helicopter gunships clattered overhead to give them cover from a raging drug war in the western state of Michoacan. The plants' roots survive if they are doused with herbicide, said army Gen. Manuel Garcia.
"These plants have been genetically improved," he told a handful of journalists allowed to accompany soldiers on a daylong raid of some 70 marijuana fields. "Before we could cut the plant and destroy it, but this plant will come back to life unless it's taken out by the roots."
The new plants, known as "Colombians," mature in about two months and can be planted at any time of year, meaning authorities will no longer be able to time raids to coincide with twice-yearly harvests.
The hybrid first appeared in Mexico two years ago but has become the plant of choice for drug traffickers Michoacan, a remote mountainous region that lends to itself to drug production.
Yields are so high that traffickers can now produce as much marijuana on a plot the size of a football field as they used to harvest in 10 to 12 acres. That makes for smaller, harder-to-detect fields, though some discovered Tuesday had sophisticated irrigation systems with sprinklers, pumps and thousands of yards of tubing.
"For each 100 (marijuana plots) that you spot from the air, there are 300 to 500 more that you discover once you get on the ground," Garcia said.
Advertise

The raids were part of President Felipe Calderon's new offensive to restore order in his home state of Michoacan and fight drug violence that has claimed more than 2,000 lives in Mexico this year.
In Michoacan, officials say the Valencia and Gulf cartels have been battling over lucrative marijuana plantations and smuggling routes for cocaine and methamphetamine to the United States. In one incident, gunmen stormed into a bar and dumped five human heads on the dance floor.
The president, who took office Dec. 1, sent 7,000 soldiers and federal officers to Michoacan last week.
Officials have arrested 45 people, including several suspected leaders of the feuding cartels. They also seized three yachts, 2.2 pounds of gold, bulletproof vests, military equipment and shirts with federal and municipal police logos. More than 18,000 people have been searched, along with 8,000 vehicles and numerous foreign and national boats.
"We are determined to shut down delinquency and stop crime in Mexico because it is endangering the lives of all Mexicans, of our families," Calderon said, calling the operation a "success" so far.
In the past week, soldiers and federal police have found 1,795 marijuana fields covering 585 acres in Michoacan, security officials said.
Officials estimate the raids could cost the cartels up to $626 million, counting the value of plants that have been destroyed and drugs that could have been produced with seized opium poppies and marijuana seeds.
On Sunday, federal authorities announced the capture of suspected drug lord Elias Valencia, the most significant arrest since the operation began.
Calderon's predecessor, Vicente Fox, Top of Formstarted out with enthusiastic U.S. applause for his own fight against drug trafficking. U.S. officials called the arrest of drug bosses early in his six-year term unprecedented, while Fox boasted that his administration had destroyed 43,900 acres of marijuana and poppy plantations in its first six months and more than tripled drug seizures.
Yet drug violence has spiked across the country in recent years, with gangs fighting over control of routes following the arrest of drug lords, authorities say.
Mexico has also continued to struggle with corruption among its law enforcement ranks. Garcia said authorities did not tell soldiers where they were being sent on raids and banned the use of cell phones and radios.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi 48N,

Thanks for sharing an early smoke report about your Auto Malawi x NLs :)
I concur with you in most of what you said, our first auto flowering strain is quite resinous thanks to the Malawi influence. As our strain description of the strain states, a great variety of desirable fruity aromas can be found in Auto Malawi x NL line: pineapple, pear, peach, even strawberry yogurt. The high is relaxing, dreamy but it also has some great sativa qualities, it's a sativa/indica effect in every sense. Flowering structures are still quite variable in the first F3 release of the strain, but this is something we are going to work in upcoming generations.

I'm glad you have had an overall good experience with her and that it helps you to go through the 'summer drought' before the autumn harvest of photodependant strains ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A very interesting question that can be asked is why has no cannabis seed bank breeder ever attempted to breed cannabis into a "invasive plant species" just like the the mysterious year round multiple harvest super fast flower cannabis strain mentioned in the article from 2006 about Mexico???? Invasive plant is a real scientific category of plant, would be nice if cannabis became one.

Hi Bumbatar,

Thanks for your insights, but in order to keep the Auto Malawi x NL thread on topic please make another thread about the concrete issue you want to discuss and i will be glad to do it there if you don't mind.

Regarding the 'invasive cannabis plant' statement of that article, it's just a scientific non sense published by antimarijuana propaganda media. Indica genetics were introduced in Mexico in the 80s to speed up the flowering time of their local genetics and to be able to have more harvests per year, the consequence of this was/is the almost extinction of the old good mexican sativas.

Take in mind that cannabis grows wild and in a very prolific way in many parts of America, Europe and Asia.

It's a fact that with the globalization invasive species are invading ecosystems where they are not endogenous, producing strong unbalances in ecosystems, that's something i don't want to happen with cannabis plant.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dubi, some real nice girls out of this line... Only popped two, and both turned out killer!

Will see how they smoke here soon, but wanted to share some shots of your work, hopefully you enjoy, I'm sure I will. Thanks my friend and good vibes!

Thank you very much for sharing your lovely Auto Malawi x NL pics and macros LouDog420 :) Please, keep us updated with a smoke report after drying and curing if you have the chance.

Anonimas1989

Auto Malawi x NL F3 (which already has Old Killer Malawi genetics) will be crossed again to best killer non autoflowering Malawis, in this case with the New Killer Malawi, with the aim to produce an even more Malawi version of this hybrid, that will contain our 2 best and main Malawi Killer parental plants in a single autoflowering Malawi based strain

Hey there Dubi, I want to buy these seeds from your website, I wonder if there is any seeds “even more malawi version” you talk about available? I want as much malawi version as possible.
Thanks bud!:)

OnceUpon

im excited about these ace auto projects and have been fallowing closely
check R+D on the ace website. :) F4 testers are available. ...but the cross back to malawi must be couple generations from its goal (if i am correct)

cheers

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Wants and Needs ???

Wants and Needs ???

As a northern grower I want the strains of legend. I have spent thousands of dollars pursuing the rarest genetics. Continually improving my grow environment. Last season putting up a greenhouse that will be improved upon this season. While pure Malawi's, Acapulco Gold, Angolan and Thai genetics captured my heart and mind. I live in North Dakota and my natural light cycle goes from 17 hours to 7 hours of light. With 70 to 100 degree temperature changes in the blink of an eye.

NEEDS, What I need is a plant that can be properly grown in a greenhouse where I live.
I'm more than excited about these genetics from Ace seeds. With the Auto Malawi, Lebanese, Early Bubba Hash, Erdpurt, Bangi Haze and some crosses. I can work towards being the grower I aspire to be. Like many things in life. It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you have.
I have a very difficult area to grow in. Thank you Ace for helping growers like me to sample some legends and be able to do them at the highest level of quality. Peace :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey there Dubi, I want to buy these seeds from your website, I wonder if there is any seeds “even more malawi version” you talk about available? I want as much malawi version as possible.
Thanks bud!:)

Hi,

We have seed lines in our Auto Malawi x NL strain leaning to more Malawi phenos but they are not offered separately like in our Breeders Packs.
Auto Malawi x NL was/is not enough predictable yet in its F3 generation and its first 100 % autoflowering generation to do so.

The strain currently delivers phenotypes ranging from more indica/rudelaris expressions to almost pure sativa african expressions (probably the ones you are looking for) and to very high yielding sativa/indica combinations (the phenos i like the most), as stated in the official description of the strain.

We will evaluate the newer F4 Auto Malawi x NL generations this spring/summer so hopefully i can come back in a few months to inform you about the more relevant differences found between F3 and F4 generation.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
im excited about these ace auto projects and have been fallowing closely
check R+D on the ace website. :) F4 testers are available. ...but the cross back to malawi must be couple generations from its goal (if i am correct)

cheers

You are right OnceUpon ;)

We have already produced seeds of New Malawi Killer x Auto Malawi NL F3, but this line still needs to be fully developed until we are able to add the extra Malawi influence we are looking for, and to make this new hybrid into a fully 100 % autoflowering strain again.

Right now we are focusing all our autoflowering breeding efforts to produce a Zamaldelica autoflowering version.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
As a northern grower I want the strains of legend. I have spent thousands of dollars pursuing the rarest genetics. Continually improving my grow environment. Last season putting up a greenhouse that will be improved upon this season. While pure Malawi's, Acapulco Gold, Angolan and Thai genetics captured my heart and mind. I live in North Dakota and my natural light cycle goes from 17 hours to 7 hours of light. With 70 to 100 degree temperature changes in the blink of an eye.

NEEDS, What I need is a plant that can be properly grown in a greenhouse where I live.
I'm more than excited about these genetics from Ace seeds. With the Auto Malawi, Lebanese, Early Bubba Hash, Erdpurt, Bangi Haze and some crosses. I can work towards being the grower I aspire to be. Like many things in life. It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you have.
I have a very difficult area to grow in. Thank you Ace for helping growers like me to sample some legends and be able to do them at the highest level of quality. Peace :tiphat:

Hi farmerlion,

As an outdoor grower, you must realize the strengths and limitations of your outdoor location. And then grow and learn with every season, until achieve enough first hand experience to understand what kind of genetics perform better in your outdoor conditions, and which strains do you like the most from the ones you can reasonably finish properly in your climate. It's a lifetime process, you never stop to learn, fortunately! :)

Honestly, if you really want to be able to finish properly the legendary long flowering pure sativa strains i would seriously consider to make a light dep greenhouse, and force the flowering of your sativas from June to September, then you will be able to finish outdoors properly sativas with a flowering range of 12-14 weeks, even slightly longer ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts