What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED takes a backseat

positivity

Veteran
Sounds right, lights seem to have their peculiarities depending on spectral distributions.

12" is about the limit I think, give or take a few inches.

Will do a smoke report asap. The smells were there, the coloring was awesome....recommended without a smoke report

positivity

Veteran
Thanks gh0stm0de

So the garden is now on autopilot. Set the plant heights where I want them, blumats doing the watering, trimmed all the lower growth, now its just sit back and watch them grow. Have a few ideas for the next grow already, need to see what I can get together.

Have a great weekend

positivity

Veteran
Its been a challenging year...when isn't it right!? Still...worms making a comeback, secret sauce has been reinvigorated, secret sauce bx getting chopped today. She's loaded with fresh beans and they all look ripe so time to harvest her.
Can't wait to get into secret sauce bx2 and on and on, it'll be a fun project. Just a personal thing playing with a few favorite strains.

I chose secret sauce since lots of my stuff gets taken and used. Sometimes for the good, sometimes for the bad. Anyways, make sure when doing things you keep some secret sauce for yourself

positivity

Veteran
Worm bins working again. Just over a day later and the little veggie pile is gone. That was the first real scraps I put in since I restarted the bin. Started from cocoons this time so I didn't want to sour the bin with too much food initially. I should be able to start adding scraps more regularly now. They already went through some moldy strawberries in the last 12hrs or so
Still.. Not a worm expert but I'm way more comfortable now than when I started. Takes a little while to figure out how to keep a worm bin happy

Flower updates soon.. Left the light on for a good six hours too long one day, timer mishap... At least once a grow...haha.

Have a good one

Attachments

• IMG_1369.jpg
    IMG_1369.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1370.jpg
    IMG_1370.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

positivity

Veteran
See where we're at. Pretty happy with things...think happy plant is a new catch word..among terp, colombian, cowbell, brah, beach, organic,...pretty much whatever I say or do. What they say bout haters..doing something right. oh yah, bout too...hehe

So, all in on the CMH. Had to pick up a few things to optimize my areas. Learning how the light throws, distance, yada yada. A few last tweaks are in order for the equipment. I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel though. Gear buying is just about done.

I see the quantum board push has made its way to alibaba..be sure to cross check prices there if you decide that route for the best prices available. Using the brightest leds out is an open source idea from the original diyers, not these salesman. Plus, the advertising and grower bashing is so annoying it should be a no brainer to avoid them..but whatever..

excuse the feels..but they are responsive feels to chatter. Don't chatter about peeps ya don't know, don't get feels. Pretty simple eh?

13/11. Some things I like some I don't, another tool to use

peace out

positivity

Veteran
Flowers starting to fill in on the cowbell. Buckeye was really slow to transition under the 13/11, with a 1 day light timer mishap on top of that. So back to 12/12 with maybe just a week of 13/11 in the future if I want to extend it for whatever reason.

Otherwise happy with the grow, its been easy

positivity

Veteran
Worked in the outdoor garden this morning, starting to see a bunch of vegetables and fruits coming up. Melons just popped up out of nowhere, too bad a bunch of aphids just moved in on the patch. Next time I'll have to start a strict IPM from the get go, as after reading it is a common problem with them and the cucumbers. Tomatoes coming along..especially proud of this garden since it was the first time I've grown so many different varieties from seed. Melons are in my old recycled soil...garden gets same organic program...inching towards a closed system with no waste. Nothing down the drain or in the trash

have a good weekend

positivity

Veteran
Couple pics of the buckeye coming along. Normally I wouldn't flower such a small plant but the Colombian is going to keep me full for a good while so I figured why not just enjoy a small colorful plant.
The inside one is getting pretty big. Hard to get a good shot of her since the pods are so dark purple on that variety. Even the cowbell is resembling one of my better outdoor grows of her. Another week or two and I'll wrap this one up. Buckeyes will probably finish on a slightly different setup, they are a bit slower than the cowbell. Could be related to them being revegged... No biggie, she's done when she's done

Attachments

• IMG_1498.jpg
    IMG_1498.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1497.jpg
    IMG_1497.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1496.jpg
    IMG_1496.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 11

positivity

Veteran
Just about done for the cowbell, straight water for a week or two. Time to figure the next strain to mess with...so many types I've wanted to try have come around in the last few years. Will have to consider yield, highs, terpenes...similar to what I've run or total different direction.
Got one of my leds back from a bud who used it for an extended time. I tried not to sway his decision but after his experience and what he's seen me doing lately he picked up a ceramic. Will be interesting to get another honest take on it. Eventually I'll have to refit these lights with something and give it another go but the desire is seriously not there in the slightest right now.

More importantly, praying for the families affected by the tragedy in vegas

positivity

Veteran
Coming to a close finally, mostly, buckeye purp is still a ways. Threw the kitchen sink at them this go. 13/11..12/12...11/13...4k...3k...150k lux areas...315w...355w. Think I covered some area there, lol. F@ck it, I grow for meds and enjoyment, if I'm not learning I'm not growing. Feel I gleaned a bit over this grow, things I can apply to future grows
Need to work on a CBD type soon. Curious of the effects..only tried it a time or two. Hoping I can pop more beans next year
peace

positivity

Veteran
Things chugging along, taking the cowbell out opened the room up nicely for the rest of the stuff to finish. One of the buckeye purps is getting way fatter than I expected. Thats probably the biggest and densest cola I've grown inside in a long time. If it finishes with no bud rot I'll be impressed. It will come down to the smoke test for those two, they both are just really nice in their own way, really hard to throw one out. There was a nice lavender hue pheno in the pack i popped too, good stuff. There was probably one pheno I found to be low odor and size out of 7 girls or so.
The other cowbell is just about done. She was the tallest and closest to the light so the extra brightness seemed to keep her popping new growth.
Now really much else planned after this. Finish the gbubble outside and decide what to pop next. Did try to pick up a galaxy ballast but the shipping was damn near the price of the ballast. So, got another alibaba one, a 630w with 2 outputs. They were helpful and quick, can't complain. Looking forward to seeing how that works. Funny how I just about went full circle. Started with a 600 20+ yrs ago, and looks like ending with roughly 600.
Still need to convert my dual 315w reflector I modded to something a bit different, don't need 2 315s in 1 reflector with my limited height setup...yeah yeah..get to it later.

peace

positivity

Veteran
With the dimmable ballasts coming around for ceramics, I thought I'd share what you can expect. Using the lower wattage settings (155w here) works so well I haven't even been turning it up all the way in my small 3 x 2 tent. They grow quicker with more power but the lower settings are just the right speed for me. I still find myself giving plants away to other patients that I'm not ready to flower myself.
Shot of the cowbell I almost lost due to a clone mixup. Had to do a last minute cutting off the one flowering. Weird leaf growth but they've been coming right back.
Threw in a shot of my old cob light..still use it for cloning, and its been refitted way differently since. In retrospect led lightbulbs would be enough for what I use it for lately. I'm actually hoping I can get a bigger veg area together since the ceramic has enough extra light to cover my cloning too, just not enough space in the small tent

positivity

Veteran
Be back n a bit, got some projects to knock out, and not much planned for inside ATM. Everything's just vegging for now
Peace

positivity

Veteran
gbubble bx4 still has another month or so. Not too much variation in phenos and smells quite nice, sweeter than I expected. Hard to decide on gear nowadays there are so many breeders around. I actually didn't pick it up till' I saw it was a seemingly supported cross. I try to keep the credit to where these types are coming from

positivity

Veteran
Just a lot of vegging going on here. These girls are going out by the weekend though. Out of room and don't really want to top them anymore
150w of cmh has been doing well enough in a 2 x 3 I haven't needed to turn it up. The 2 x 4 is at 215w or something with the wing reflector covering everything nicely
In the middle of redesigning my flower area so everything is going out for now

Attachments

• B341ECEB-0F90-4519-A621-707EE76FE13D.jpg
    B341ECEB-0F90-4519-A621-707EE76FE13D.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 8
  • F6208349-1D51-4270-B863-7F12FAB728EB.jpg
    F6208349-1D51-4270-B863-7F12FAB728EB.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 9
  • 08F6602F-2A2E-4E1C-84B7-92102071ADE0.jpg
    08F6602F-2A2E-4E1C-84B7-92102071ADE0.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 9

positivity

Veteran
Put a few cowbells outside to flower, they still have yet to declare. Figured why not pop more cowbell... pun intended. Soaked four and got four, nice.
Still working on the inside, can't wait to redo the area a little, way overdue. Actually going a touch smaller in the flower compared to veg. I'll be able to flop it over if I want to but yeah... need more veg room.
Day one flower for the cowbells up front, secret sauce and my favorite cowgirl so far in back, a few days ahead

Peace

Attachments

• 336BC84E-0820-4ACC-9FB9-2CD4413097AC.jpg
    336BC84E-0820-4ACC-9FB9-2CD4413097AC.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

positivity

Veteran
I was looking at my outdoor cowbells the other day and noticed the pots needed to be filled a bit more. I started to think what bagged soil I should throw on top to fill the pot so it could hold a little more moisture. Then it dawned on me the pots were sitting on a bed of soil..dum dum. Scooped some with my hands and filled them up. One of the signs of growing inside too much, lol

Threw a shot of the favorite gbubble so far. I got a little lucky with this one so far, I think. She has the best structure out of the pack and is also throwing out my favorite bud. Some of the branching on phenos are a little weird, but this one is pretty good. Looking forward to growing her full size. This is under the ushio 315w ceramic at 215w in a 2x4.
I can't say if I prefer the ushio or philips for vegging yet, they both work great. I may be starting to notice a few things but it'll take a bit to figure it out

Attachments

• cow.jpg
    cow.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 7
  • gbub.jpg
    gbub.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 5