What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

20' X 36' X 12' solar powered farmtek, 10 X 200 gallon organic soil

RoostaPhish

Veteran
With a high salt content I would cut back the percentage of compost used, I never go over 20% anyways myself, but you may want too, or less as well.

self

With a high salt content I would cut back the percentage of compost used, I never go over 20% anyways myself, but you may want too, or less as well.

Yeah, I think I'm going to cut it with another compost I have access to. It HAS been out in the rain for a few weeks, so from what I've read that should help it leech out.

Getting closer ...

picture.php

Just need to install the side panels

self

So it looks like I'm going to pick up 2 X 20" snapfans, with a thermostat, automated shutters and a 24v 250 w solar panel.
Should only cost about 1600$, under budget and I'm happy!
I still need fans for internal air circulation and a pump for compost tea brewing, but I think I can do most of it with parts I have around the house.
I think i can get most of the rest of the GH done today, and start mixing soil soon.

self

I've been on quite the seed popping streak!

I started the season by cracking some freebies and small packs I had collected and had looked like they had potential:
GHS Super lemon haze X 3 (always pretty solid in my experience)
G13 Blue og X 2 ( no idea, but I like that it's blueberry X bluemoonshine X ogk)
ThCseeds Ultrasour X 2 ( no idea, read some good reports though, very vigourous so far)
HSO lemon Thai kush ( no idea)
Oger 99 s1 X 2 ( trying to bring back an old favorite from DGS)
Serious AK47 ( probably going to be given away, last one was fluffy bubblegum)

Second round of seeds :
CC Boss Hogg X 4 ( chem4 bx possible hermi chance? Also looking for a male)
HSO blue dream X 3 ( read pretty good things)
Barneys cookies kush X 3 ( read terrible reports, might just get test flowered)
Bodhis lucky charms ( might pop more)
Bodhis more cowbell (gsc hermi chance? )
Durban poison cut X Buddha Tahoe og
Or
Durban poison cut X sweet tooth #4 ( I'm not sure, I made the seeds in 2013)

I might pop 4x HSO trainwreck today, just read a bunch of good stuff about it.

I can only keep 18, but I might cheat a little and put two of the same strain in some pots.

I already have moms and clones of:
Bodhis pagoda ( love it)
Thc seeds DarkStar ( <3)
Karmas jackOnesia (my JackU cut, because it will JackU up like a dubstep remix)
Peyote purple
And hopefully if my friend delivers:
KKSC, OGK, and maybe MOB.
Comments ? Questions? Opinions? Experiences?
Thank you!

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Blueberry Afghani. Never Had trouble Cloning Her Myself. Just Got To watch For Impostors With Her. Some S1' Out There As Well.

self

Wow, thanks for the knowledge roostaphish! I'm kind of a strain geek, so I love to know the heritage of strains and the stories behind them.

self

picture.php

How it's looking this week. Runoff trays are in, side panels on, some soil mixed. I found a giant buck skull in my parents barn over the weekend and took it to be the greenhouse spirit protector. :biggrin:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

KONY

Veteran
Did you use any sort of design/plan for the runoff trays or just one side higher than the other a bit?

OneStonedPony

@self Nice diggs. I'm going to be putting up a small greenhouse soon. Thanks for posting pics and info. It's giving me some great ideals on how to do mine.

self

Did you use any sort of design/plan for the runoff trays or just one side higher than the other a bit?

Not much of a design, just pressure treated 2x6s screwed together and set on the sort-of flat ground. I haven't tried flooding them, but they should hold about 500 gallons each. im not sure if bottom watering them will work or not, but it would really save time over hand watering each 200. I want to set up a water tank outside that can gravity feed a smaller tank inside, and a 50 gal compost tea brewer. I think I've decided to hold off on the solar powered fans for the moment. I get really good airflow in my location when I drop the sides down ( I have drop down, not roll up sides, incase that wasn't confusing. )
So more money for genetics and soil for my outdoor plants.
I'm about to pull the trigger on a batch of bodhi, I'm looking at:
Moon Tang ( skunkva chem 91 X snow lotus)
SSDD (bubbashine x appy
Superstitious (Stevie wonder X I forget
Second choices:
Cheech wizard (green curry og X snow lotus )
Temple of Larry ( larry og X temple)

Anyone run any of these? I really like buying bodhi gear of clone only shit I have little chance of seeing where I am. Next grow is going to be all bodhi...
I wish I had a clone of just about every seed of his I've grown out.

Half my soil is mixed, potted, cover crop seeded, and cooking!:woohoo:

Latest posts

Latest posts