What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Crucial Cup Colosseum aka Twisted Towers

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
glad to have yall in here for this, prolly gon veg the towers for about 5 days then flip into flowering.
foliar fed some N this am.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just wrapped the whole she-bang in reflectix, makes a tremendous difference,
picture.php

looking down on it all:
picture.php

^^^ duno what that ? is doing on that fixture....

at the moment im burninng a joint brainstorming how to make a wide & low cone that will easily sit on top of this silver tube, making it look like sum kinda ganja plant filled space shuttle.

Last edited:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
I like it! Reminds me of Bud-Boy's 33 sq ft of vert, with the reflector-wrapping..

I dunno if it'd be such a grand idea to "close" the top up with a cone. Seems like the reflectix is sitting on the floor, right? I might feel a little more warm and fuzzy if I raised it up a couple or three inches, so's some air movement can take place, .. Same with the cone - I'd be concerned that I'm really limiting my air exchange.

Lookin' good! :D

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks silver, glad to have u & ur input here!
we r planning on putting a muffin fan or box fan of some variety under the light pushing light up, and prolly end up poppin some "intake vents" (aka holes) in the base of the relectix.
i also am considering making the top cone 3 pieces, one being free o f the other2, so i could pop 1/3 of the top off of it if heat ever did become an issue.
this may take another joint.....

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
or something like that.....

or something like that.....

not as snazzy lookin as i'd like, but perfectly ghetto for my liking...

picture.php

^^got the top on flat no cone :comfort:
looks more like a big can of cup-olosseum vibes than a spaceship, unfortunately

Here is a peek inside from the top, peel back the can lid:
picture.php

^^^ also got the fan in place, pretty sure it will keep the air flow and temp in check... if not ill prolly either dig a 12" box fan out of storage or jump for one o dem lil honeywell "mufin" fans

thanks for stoppin in:thank you:

startin to feel like a party in here...
154h91j.jpg

Last edited:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
The plants that are in the bottom can be placed around the outside on top of some upside down buckets or pots to get them closer to the light.

picture.php

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks ich, it may not seem like it, but the bottom plants are pretty close to the light.... from the tip of the bulb to the top of the base pot is 15" ish.... also if i raised the plants up i'd have to raise the reflectix....
it all fits right now w the only variable being heat & airflow (whether or not that fan is up to the task0
also added the drip trays under each base pot today

Last edited:
D

DHF

If yas sit the reflectix on bricks or "anything" that`ll raise it up enough ta pull in fresh air underneath and convected up with the fan on the floor at it`s lowest speed for that gentle column of air , while also raisin the top flap up enough for the natural heat convection to escape constantly....guaranteed.......

Ambient temps will drop...bet on it.......It`s the little things Avi.....and....

Even Ghetto Coli`s can rock.......Hope all works out , and Holler if we can help.....

Peace......Freds......:ying:......

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If yas sit the reflectix on bricks or "anything" that`ll raise it up enough ta pull in fresh air underneath and convected up with the fan on the floor at it`s lowest speed for that gentle column of air , while also raisin the top flap up enough for the natural heat convection to escape constantly....guaranteed.......

Ambient temps will drop...bet on it.......It`s the little things Avi.....and....

Even Ghetto Coli`s can rock.......Hope all works out , and Holler if we can help.....

Peace......Freds......:ying:......

gotcha, im still thinkn of cutting some passive intake vents instead of raising the reflectix....
as is now w the top popped off @ corners from tower stakes holding it up and a big circular hole in the center where the bulb & fixture drop in... temps sittin about 78 to 83, im happy w that for now, may have to rig a lil electric heater in the room to keep it from droppin below 65 when the lightis out.
also as is that 2 way fan only works on one side and it's maxed out at the moment, but still only pushing a lil bit of air... altho def accomplishing that "gentle column of air" (another ftw vert "rule").

Lookin good avi :good: I'll be quietly sitting on my bucket over here gaining some more vert knowledge. One question though, what is the diameter of your reflectix tube?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
diameter is 48" i believe & circumference of tube is 12 3/4 feet,

since the room this is in has carpet we covered the floor in plastic & a tarp
then put down a circular folding table on the floor legs folded up, so the table top fits flat on the floor, this keeps the pots from tipping on the soft carpet, gives them a nice solid stable surface

the reflectix tube sits on the floor just outside and off the table, sits on the tarp.

Perfect, right now I am confined to one 5x5 flower tent and am thinking 2013 is going to be the year of vert for casio so I am just tossing ideas around the ole' noggin. Thanks for the quick response :tiphat:

D

DHF

The reason I said ta raise it up Avi , was to allow the bottom fan to pull in more fresh air all the way round the circumference for the plants benefit.....and then.....

Be able to convect more heat from the bare bulb with more air exchange than from some passive holes in the bottom of the reflectix.......now.......

Even if yas sat the reflectix on 2 x 4 blocks , it`d still be able to move more cfms than passive holes around the circle........also.....

Use the space heater to control the room outside the circle`s environment , and then the raised reflectix has become it`s own passive vent and will pull the heat needed in during lights off for another 1 of those vert rules ftw......

Lights on /lights off temps within 10 degrees or less from start to finish.....and...Not tryin ya tell yas what ta do Bro cuz this is yo show.........but......

Just tryin ta help........

Peace.....Freds.....:ying:......

benzo

AVI, this is cool..way cool . Hope it works better than you think. I got my fingers crossed.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
benzo, i've got high hopes for this setup..... just cause it's ghetto as hell don't mean it wont work.

did get kinda warm in there overnight..... perhaps the top on it is me getting a lil "light greedy"?

i guess raising the reflectix a few inches off the floor like DHF suggested is my next move.... maybe leave the top off as well.

D

DHF

Yas ain`t gotta take the top off Bro......Just raise it up enough for the heat to be rolled out the sides and up thru the hole in the middle......easy peasy.....and hey........

Never WAS there a light greedier old ass than me , but environment`s more important .......guaranteed.......so .......

When I say Ghetto as Hell.....I meant it in a good way that`s cost effective and will produce and hoon once figured out and dialed......then it`s...simple....babyshit......

Handle it and.....

Peace......Freds....:ying:.......