What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What happened to US Bongs?

SmokeKush4

I am from the UK so maybe that is why I never heard of US bongs, but it is really cool to see everyone talking so highly about them, It feels like a shame they went out of business.
View Image

I normally buy cheap bongs because I don't know of any bongs worth spending lots of money on.

4389373.jpg

Haha that is a really cool banner, did they actually use that themselves? I can imagine that touched some nerves with the law enforcement!

shithawk420

Veteran
Lol that mini toker looks like a crack pipe.don't know if its the same company but U.S tubes make some of the best bongs for the money.you would have a hard time breaking one of those

monteg4

US Bubblers

US Bubblers

The place was called Reed Plastics right off Gude Drive in Rockville I think it was on Taft St at Can't remember the crossroad. I also had The Capitol Hill and a US2 with a gatlin bowl. Best toking bongs ever.

paper thorn

Veteran
i had a nice US bong with a chamber and a tube from one to the other.
Got busted on the way home from a Rush concert in 79 and fuckin pigs took it.

WelderDan

Veteran
My acrylic is about shot. It's served me well for 10 or more years, so no bitching there. I had a Steamroller forever. Loved that thing, but it got cracked. That thing would make ya hack and choke.

I have a nice fat bamboo section just the right size for a bong. Once the acrylic goes, the bamboo is gonna be the new piece. Just cut a hole for the stem and boom. That shit lasts forever

Burger Chef

Can you send me a list of parts used to make your replica US Patriot bong? The one with the 3 chambers and tubes. I contacted the company through their Weebly site, but they will only sell to dealers. And no dealers I've contacted want to order them. They're trying to sell me their own stuff. I've been trying to find a way to make one properly, and it looks like you have done it. I would certainly appreciate if you could pass along where you source those parts and how you put that together. Thank you very much.

Exl1

U.S. Bongs used to have a place right off I-270 just north of Rockville, MD. I remember driving up the highway and seeing the huge sign on the building. Was really awesome to see it lit up at night.. a huge "US BONGS". I believe they went out of business when MD passed their anti-paraphernalia law.

To this day, I still have and prefer my 18" straight tube. Nothing in my 30+ years of smoking has been able to deliver a huge clean hit that I could hold without my lungs feeling like they were being coated with resin. Unfortunately, I've not had anything to use in it in a long time now.

I used to own one of their largest models, the Capitol Hill. Man was that thing a monstrosity of tubes and chambers! They used nice 1/8" thick acrylic, not the cheap 1/16" crap used these days. The wooden sleeve with threaded insert that slipped on the stem allowed you to put any standard threaded bowl on from a one-hit to a party bowl on it.

Cheers!
Hempy

Exl1

Reminds me of my UofMD days in College Park. I had a 3 foot straight tube with a carb hole that extended inward. It took 12 standard ice cubes and I put a gattling bowl on it. BOOM!

Does any sell these anymore?

Fishreaper

US Bongs is still down by Maryland I just bought a couple I bought the US 2 ,US apogee ,the US Klingon and the US Patriot when I get a phone number and email address I’ll post it. The picture is of the US 2
8572A4B0-2006-4E16-9E33-BE50FEC22D1B.jpeg

MntnMan62

Hey folks. I grew up in the 70’s and US Bongs were hands down the best acrylic bongs you could buy. Only glass would perform better but they tend to be so fragile. I would love to own the US Bong that was just one single tall tube chamber without any flex tubes or additional chambers. So, like the Mini shown on the website but bigger. Does anyone know where I can find one (new) or if anyone is making them? Thanks in advance. Toke on!