What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ACMPR-Personal Use Production "RENEWAL"...Wait time.

Buddha1

Veteran
Rather than post my question/request in the existing thread..."ACMPR Personal use Production...Current Wait Time" to be lost and difficult to find. I am starting this new thread so others can benifit from the info collected about renewing a current ACMPR license.

I am about to renew my existing ACMPR personal production license for the first time.

Can anyone that has already gone through this process please post there experiance and wait times involved??

Thanks to all in advance...:tiphat:.

Peace...B

Buddha1

Veteran
That's great news brother...:biggrin:

I was worried because my original Doc has withdrawn from active practice and one of the other Doctors in the office signed my application.
I thought I would have to go through the L-O-N-G painful process of a new application again, since my doctor had changed(its how it worked with the old MMAR program)...so I called HC for some info.

I was told and pleasantly surprised to hear...That if you have applied previously NO matter the changes, it's still classified as a RENEWAL(a positive step forward).
You just have to state the nature of changes in the amendment section.

This, with your info just turn a good day...into a GREAT day...thank you...:tiphat:

Peace...B

Buddha1

Veteran
There wasn't a whole lot of interest generated in this "RENEWAL of existing licenses" thread... but I am a member of long standing in this community and like to contribute if at all possible, any and all usable information.

As I stated in my first post that originally started this thread, I renewed my license at the begining of Oct., 2017(Oct. 2, to be precise)... the advised 8 week period given by Health Canada.
I have just received said RENEWAL as of Dec. 8, 2017...6 days after my last license had exspired and 9 weeks after it was submitted to HC.
This was a much better time than the original application took to process(5 months), but as far as I'm concerned... still very much unexceptable.
And as the first license, it was back dated to the signature of the doctor...costing 8 weeks of the allowed 52 weeks of grow time.

Health Canada says we are a loted 12 months of grow time...but I didn't get 12 months from the original application, nor will I get 12 months on this or any future renewal.
As I see it... there will be a perpetual lose of 2 months with every RENEWAL.
Health Canada should be using the original doctors signing date as the permanent renewal date, regardless of when the doctor signs the renewal form... this is the only way we will get our full 12 months of grow time.

Next year I'm sending my renewal in 12 weeks before the expirory date...I suggest you all do the same.

Peace...B

lol sorta funny come summer they'll be able to go check any residence of any registered patients whenever they please as is agreed to when you sign on (you'd obviously be fucked for refusing), but anyone else can have 4 plants on their front porch in plain sight of anyone n cops still have no right to fuck all.
lol thas kinda fucked up

cheers,...........................................gps

Buddha1

Veteran
lol sorta funny come summer they'll be able to go check any residence of any registered patients whenever they please as is agreed to when you sign on (you'd obviously be fucked for refusing), but anyone else can have 4 plants on their front porch in plain sight of anyone n cops still have no right to fuck all.
lol thas kinda fucked up

cheers,...........................................gps

Not busting anyone's balls...But not necessarily true.

In order to enter any residence to do a safety check they must give you reasonable notice...which was set with legal presidence back in the early years of the MMAR...minimum of 3 days.

And because we are using cannabis for medical purposes and use is prescribed by a medical practitioner(a doctor)...a patient can refuse without any repercussions.

Example...If you are having a bad day for instance(lie or truth) this is a perfectly good reason to refuse.
Simply state... "I'm sorry, but I'm feeling poorly today and I'm not up to an inspection today...please contact me at a later date and we'll reschedule this safety inspection... thank you"
They must respect your wishes, leave and call to reschedule at a later date... they can't legally or any other way force there way into a legal Medical MJ patients home...it is a safety issue, not a criminal matter.

Also...The inspections are safety inspections, not criminal inspections. Last time I checked cops aren't electricians or even qualified inspectors of any kind...if they are at the inspection, they are there simply to protect the inspector or inspection team.
Be polite...after a safe environment has been established the police officer can be told he's not welcome to enter the premise and should wait outside...He/She must and will honor the request(If you come out screaming and acting in a threatening way... then you give police every right to enter your residence).

Lastly...Marijuana is still illegal in Canada and LEO could care less about it, they have better things to use there resources on...Why would they hassel people about "Pot" once it is a totally legal product in Canada...:).

Peace...B

PS...All growing by recreational users must be conducted indoors...so 4 plants on the front porch would be a violation and not allowed and would most likely be confiscate.

Last edited:
I find it a little ironic these plants used to be the scourge of the housing market, n so dangerous to be growing inside, but now all of a sudden it's the opposite n it's too dangerous to grow these plants outside is it?
It's tough figurin out all the dangers of these plants when they keep changing like that on us. lol

cheers,................................................gps

silvi

sent my renewal in Sept. 7 and still no response! But hey, we are dealing with the government!

Now if you owed them money, they would be there yesterday.

silvi

Limeygreen

Veteran
Have you called them up to see where they are at? They should at least be able to tell you if it's been received, if it's being processed etc.

silvi

No, I have not called this time,on a previous renewal, I called and waited 1 hour and 15 minutes for the good folks to answer the call. Nothing came of it and I still waited months to get my permission slip! Limeygreen, you have a good point though, I will call in the am to see what's happening.
Thanks

silvi

Golden Tree

If your renewal is taking longer than 100 days...or even 80 days...

File a statement of claim against Health Canada...

Costs very little...and can be filled electronically...

http://johnturmel.com/kits.htm

This will speed up the process very quickly...

Good luck friends...

GT

Golden Tree

If you can't go directly from this link...

Copy and paste it and search in your regular browser...

Fuck Health Canada and its incompetent program!

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
renewal time for myself, I use a service (mmrci) that charges 300. is that still a good price?

(dont need people chiming in about how their family doctor gives it to them free, thats nice, but doesn't help me lol)

silvi

Thanks for the link GT, I will look into it. I did phone them this am and I have to say the telephone service has picked up drastically. It took all of 2 minutes before I talked to someone real, as opposed to well over an hour wait in the past. The lady I talked with told me it was in processing!

silvi

Buddha1

Veteran
Thanks for the link GT, I will look into it. I did phone them this am and I have to say the telephone service has picked up drastically. It took all of 2 minutes before I talked to someone real, as opposed to well over an hour wait in the past. The lady I talked with told me it was in processing!

silvi

I was told on renewals, they(Health Canada) try there best to get it done and delivered before the expiry date, as long as all paper work is delivered 8 weeks prior to expiration...But a lot of the time it takes to do this is determined by how quickly your doctors office confirms the info on the medical document.

Since mine was delivered a week late(IMO...unacceptable)... I'm sure it was because of my doctors slow response to there requests...I've had trouble with my doc before over lengthy responses to other situations.
I will be talking to my doctors office about them taking to long and being to slow with the ACMPR... I'll have to explain the criminal implications and danger they're putting my family and myself in and its not just another insurance form they can drag there feet on.

Peace...B

silvi

I don't know about confirming the info on the medical doc.,but I know from a previous renewal that I sent my documents in 10 weeks before expiration of my H.C. forms. It still took the better part of 4 months. That is unacceptable!! Like I indicated this isn't the first time I have done this, so there should be a record that my doctor signed this medical doc. on previous occasions . I have had the same doctor for years, no changes there, I guess they need to blame something or someone!

just my opinion
silvi