What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What exactly is a Cannabis full de-scheduling bill? Would this be a good thing?

shaggyballs

Veteran
This is being talked about right now.
I am currently clueless on this matter.
Could ya help a brother out here?:tiphat:

White Beard

Lemme try:

The linchpin of cannabis’ federal status is its presence on Schedule 1, which is dangerous drugs with a high potential for abuse, no accepted medical use. There are two(?) other, less restrictive schedules, but to de-schedule cannabis would remove it from regulation and control.

What that would do is undercut all arguments for restrictive legislation. It becomes, essentially, just a plant. It would open the door releasing and expunging the records of cannabis-only felons, with or without restitution. It would mean the end of the war on weed, if we pushed it to that, and we could if we’re willing to bring pressure.

Does that help?

shaggyballs

Veteran
Lemme try:

The linchpin of cannabis’ federal status is its presence on Schedule 1, which is dangerous drugs with a high potential for abuse, no accepted medical use. There are two(?) other, less restrictive schedules, but to de-schedule cannabis would remove it from regulation and control.

What that would do is undercut all arguments for restrictive legislation. It becomes, essentially, just a plant. It would open the door releasing and expunging the records of cannabis-only felons, with or without restitution. It would mean the end of the war on weed, if we pushed it to that, and we could if we’re willing to bring pressure.

Does that help?

Well that is what I thought too!
But there has to be some kind of catch here.....No?
Do you have a link to the bill or other info to look over.

I have said this will never happen, so if this does in fact mean what you say....."I may have a lot of crow to eat!"

And happily so!

Americangrower

Veteran
To me the best thing is does is end employment drug testing for weed. Oh plus it stops all these bs raids going on in Cali.

MedFaced

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th...%22search%22:%5B%22marijuana%22%5D%7D&r=2&s=2

The talk going on for over a decade that I’ve been following suggests part of the DEA will be folded into the ATF and they will be charged with enforcing lawful mj production and distribution. Illegal shops/farms/entities will still be targeted for raids. “Deschedual” is just the political buzzword. Removal from the schedule 1 list opens up the money for legal transactions, independent studies, employee/employer rights and so on.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Lemme try:

Does that help?

Well maybe not "just a plant"???

It would seem you need a permit.
Still digging through.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Well I read the dang thing twice and dont know that I grasped it very well at all??

Will home growing be allowed in all forms, no plant counts ect.?
That would be something there!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Even the World Health Organization (WHO) is pushing for all countries to deregulate cannabis to the lowest possible status of control.

Gry

Well I read the dang thing twice and dont know that I grasped it very well at all??

Will home growing be allowed in all forms, no plant counts ect.?
That would be something there!

Can't help thinking that were it honestly stated, it could
be a simple and straight forward read...

igrowone

Veteran
de-scheduling would mean a surrender of all federal laws/enforcement on cannabis
states would likely still be able to have their own laws on the matter
it's not going to happen, it would in effect be giving the states free money
or there would have to be one hell of a quid pro quo deal

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
as long as our right to grow our own does not go away, and it get regulated like a mofo. most of us grow our own because we care about what what to smoke or eat, and whos to say the next guy is gonna care as much as yourself.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also means those on Rx drugs who have t periodically test would no longer be part of DEA Schedule I sham.

White Beard

So: pressure to deschedule entirely; nullification of Federal laws based on the original racist myths and politics; release of cannabis-only or cannabis-mainly prisoners and expungement from their records; an explicit reference to the bad laws and policies of the past, recognizing that the laws were based on political expediency and a predatory targeting of the poor, and renouncing them; the return to “regular business” in cannabis agriculture, including explicitly the right to grow without plant counts; explicit recognition as a valid herbal remedy not requiring medical supervision.

Pressure. Phone calls to your reps and senators. Handwritten letters. Emails. Petitions. Questions at town halls. Letters to editors, if the web hasn’t totally exterminated them...

Not just once. Mention “de-schedule cannabis entirely” in every contact; pick ONE of the appended goals and mention that explicitly. Next time, pick a different goal and mention THAT along with descheduling. Over and over. Always changing but always the same: never give a given pinhead the same pitch twice in a row...eventually, it’ll stick in their memory.

shaggyballs

Veteran
So: pressure to deschedule entirely; nullification of Federal laws based on the original racist myths and politics; release of cannabis-only or cannabis-mainly prisoners and expungement from their records; an explicit reference to the bad laws and policies of the past, recognizing that the laws were based on political expediency and a predatory targeting of the poor, and renouncing them; the return to “regular business” in cannabis agriculture, including explicitly the right to grow without plant counts; explicit recognition is a valid herbal remedy not requiring medical supervision.

Pressure. Phone calls to your reps and senators. Handwritten letters. Emails. Petitions. Questions at town halls. Letters to editors, if the web hasn’t totally exterminated them...

Not just once. Mention “de-schedule cannabis entirely” in every contact; pick ONE of the appended goals and mention that explicitly. Next time, pick a different goal and mention THAT along with descheduling. Over and over. Always changing but always the same: never give a given pinhead the same pitch twice in a row...eventually, it’ll stick in their memory.

Some very good advice here !
No doubt the time is now!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
if the feds actually de-scheduled, i'd bet good money that several states (tennessee too) would turn around & pass their own laws RE weed. unless the feds pass some kind of protection for the plant & its fans, the BS will continue in backwards areas. like HERE...:moon:

White Beard

I agree: but the climate re: weed has changed substantially since existing state laws we passed. They would likely find fewer voters and donor dollars to support such measures, and the states would be unable to lean on federal backing for state legislation, due to repudiation.

What laws they could pass would still be held against the changed federal position: state laws may not counter or contradict federal law.

Drewsif

It's about time for another Sanjay Gupta cbd special. The Boomer generation has almost forgot that pot is evil.

White Beard

Shows you how brainwashing works, pretty specifically: keep telling untruths, people may ignore you, may ridicule you...but over time, people will stop resisting, and start wondering about *HOW* it might be true...and then they’re hooked on the lie. They get caught up in the dishonest message, and down the chute they go.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Shows you how brainwashing works, pretty specifically: keep telling untruths, people may ignore you, may ridicule you...but over time, people will stop resisting, and start wondering about *HOW* it might be true...and then they’re hooked on the lie. They get caught up in the dishonest message, and down the chute they go.

i'm confused...are you talking about the drug war, or politics for the last few years? :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts