What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Proof of tobacco companies coming into the game

I'll pass on the Hemp Cigs and more.. That Monopoly among the Corpotocracy is already a well played out game and the collect 200 as you make rounds is exponentially growing as I type this out. Big tobacco has taken many hits over the past couple decades and it is only a matter of time before you and I see these bastards cashing out everytime someone buys a pack of whatever it will be..

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Maybe they're working with Bayer/Monsanto? If so that to me would make sense I personally haven't seen any proof as something like that I personally believe would be kept discreet from the public because why would they care to share their recipe with us to how they will destroy another thing here on the planet along with their ecological-destructive practices just my .02 .....

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
More reason for us to push harder to keep the masses away from helping fill their greedy pockets if theyre broke I'd assume they'd lose their power and would have to turn to desperate measures as any evil entity would

theres no doubt big tobacco has its claws in cannabis but it think its first target is the vape industry (nicotine e liquid vapes). it has destroyed the tobacco industry in less than 10 years. its a relatively easy industry to get into aswell. its like opening up any other retail store. very few hoops. an absolute dream compared to anything cannabis. so many people are able to open shops and spread a wide range of products. its incredibly popular and profitable. one person buys a vape and they like it so they tell their friends and family. then they all come and get one then show all their other friends and so on and so fourth. your customer base can explode almost over night. the margins on the eliquid are huge too. the shop I work at sells standard 60ml bottles of eliquid from $25-35 depending on brand and quality. it costs less than a dollar per bottle to produce in large quantities. and its extremely easy to produce quantity. you need whatever sized vessel you want to use, some mixing and measuring equipment, and a calculator. so the profit margins and ease of manufacturing alone make it more attractive than tobacco.no need to farm crops for months anymore you can produce Olympic sized pools of it. and completely automated at that. mixed, bottled, labled and boxed.

another thing is the cost of the device. some people shell out 100's for devices. for many its a hobby and they spend thousands over time collecting different vapes. billion dollar industry. it wouldn't be hard for them (tobacco) to get into it too either. they just buy out pre existing brands and continue operations. Marlboro did that with juul. easily the most popular and disproportionately expensive vape in north America. their revenue accounts for like 85% of the overall profit of the vape industry. they are literally everywhere.