What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Sativa/Hazes on the market

draztik

Veteran
hmm thats very disappointing, I thought piff is some superior colombian.. I know NLhaze and it doesn't do that for me.. only if I would have low tolerance... once I got tolerance it has ceiling and HIGH(not stone) is not long lasting..

if I can talk for bandaid hz, it is different than NLhaze.. even feels more sativa than neville´s haze, which is the most haze dominant over all other NLhazes..
The NL#5 x Haze that was around NY early to late 90's does not exist anymore, I have never encountered anything like it except the "Piff". Every NL#5 x Haze I've smoked since doesn't come close to what was around in the 90's, like a completely different path was taken. I smoked so many so called hazes in my lifetime, none of them reminded me of the flavor and smell of that old NL#5 x Haze except the "Piff" "Golden" "Uptown/Brown" haze cuts, they all carry that same haze funk that I consider to be haze and the high that goes along with it. Smoke all the NL#5 x Haze you can get from whats been available up until very recently that has nothing to do with the haze I'm talking about.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
The NL#5 x Haze that was around NY early to late 90's does not exist anymore, I have never encountered anything like it except the "Piff". Every NL#5 x Haze I've smoked since doesn't come close to what was around in the 90's, like a completely different path was taken. I smoked so many so called hazes in my lifetime, none of them reminded me of the flavor and smell of that old NL#5 x Haze except the "Piff" "Golden" "Uptown/Brown" haze cuts, they all carry that same haze funk that I consider to be haze and the high that goes along with it. Smoke all the NL#5 x Haze you can get from whats been available up until very recently that has nothing to do with the haze I'm talking about.

we have cuts of 90´s NLhazes here... what does that mean NL5haze that was around NYC in 90´s ??? is it dutch NL5haze from Nevil? or is it some NYC NL5haze? I saw some NL5 x colombian lumbo cross, and that was not from Nevil surely.. maybe Dominicans/Cubans are not such crackheads and can make such cross themselves?

draztik

Veteran
we have cuts of 90´s NLhazes here... what does that mean NL5haze that was around NYC in 90´s ??? is it dutch NL5haze from Nevil? or is it some NYC NL5haze? I saw some NL5 x colombian lumbo cross, and that was not from Nevil surely.. maybe Dominicans/Cubans are not such crackheads and can make such cross themselves?
Who knows, but I remember other buds that were available before and around the same time as the haze that was definitely soaring trippy sativa, pepperhead, alaskan, chocolate thai.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
whatever it is, it is great it works for you folks, sounds like fun herb sure.. and who is making crosses with that golden cut? top dawg?

PiffCoastFarms

Took one look , I won’t ever look again

To each their own

Those poly hybrids are Soo far from Haze , I’m surprised of the mention

1luvbigherb

whatever it is, it is great it works for you folks, sounds like fun herb sure.. and who is making crosses with that golden cut? top dawg?

Top dawg is making crosses with a piff bagseed. I named it PiffS1. I’m running the golden haze clone right now for the first time. I do plan to breed with it in the future. I have acquired many of the only NYC haze cuts along my journey including the Cuban black haze, the redline haze, the brown haze and the gold haze. I will say I agree with a lot of other people in this thread and is from the east coast have a different standard of haze, it’s not most of the common Dutch stuff the world sees. I believe there to be a lot of columbian influence in the haze we all seek out this way

PiffCoastFarms

hmm thats very disappointing, I thought piff is some superior colombian.. I know NLhaze and it doesn't do that for me.. only if I would have low tolerance... once I got tolerance it has ceiling and HIGH(not stone) is not long lasting..

if I can talk for bandaid hz, it is different than NLhaze.. even feels more sativa than neville´s haze, which is the most haze dominant over all other NLhazes..

In my short experience with the bandaid haze #7 clone I will say that it takes on a lot of Thai influence, just my 2 cents

T

TakenByTheSky

Top dawg is making crosses with a piff bagseed. I named it PiffS1. I’m running the golden haze clone right now for the first time. I do plan to breed with it in the future. I have acquired many of the only NYC haze cuts along my journey including the Cuban black haze, the redline haze, the brown haze and the gold haze. I will say I agree with a lot of other people in this thread and is from the east coast have a different standard of haze, it’s not most of the common Dutch stuff the world sees. I believe there to be a lot of columbian influence in the haze we all seek out this way

Todd mccormick refers to Sam skunkmans new haze offering as Columbian.

I've grown and smoked a few central American and Columbian types and hybrids and they have that same kind of incensy quality to the smoke.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I have never tried piffs or other NY haze, but after finding the aroma of church incense in some Afghan landraces, I believe it is unwise to say for sure the origin of a strain simply by aroma ...

draztik

Veteran
I'm so happy to see you're on icmag. I have your Uptown Black popping right now. Icmag needs to experience the piff!

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
black haze info

black haze info

The "black" is a south florida strain of a mystery columbian purple haze x NL#5. It is by far the heaviest yeilder I have ever seen. It produces 1 pound colas. I've seen 100lbs off 30 lights/plants indoors. It all goes to NYC. I used to live in WPB and had hooks for that stuff in N Miami
pic of black haze:

attachment.php

compare it with pic of MNS NL5hz:

picture.php

not my pics.

HAZENACIOUS

The NL#5 x Haze that was around NY early to late 90's does not exist anymore, I have never encountered anything like it except the "Piff". Every NL#5 x Haze I've smoked since doesn'tc comeme close to what was around in the 90's, like a completely different path was taken. I smoked so many so called hazes in my lifetime, none of them reminded me of the flavor and smell of that old NL#5 x Haze except the "Piff" "Golden" "Uptown/Brown" haze cuts, they all carry that same haze funk that I consider to be haze and the high that goes along with it. Smoke all the NL#5 x Haze you can get from whats been available up until very recently that has nothing to do with the haze I'm talking about.

I had the original 5hz from Seedbank since 89. All these NYC hazes started showing up in bulk around 91, makes sense for the big offering of 5hz was 89-90. 10s of thousands of 5haze seeds went to New York.

Here are some current cuts, just 2 generations removed from my original 5hz, which are close to my original cut:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Can’t say I know that leafy Dutch haze so well. The growth on the black seems reminiscent to me.

picture.php

picture.php

Lumbo leaning purple OTH x Meao Thai. A little chunkier it seems, but definitely similarities.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Nevil's Haze and Mango Haze along with Kali Mist hands down some of the best if not the best offered by any commercial seed breeders.

Red October

Nevil's Haze and Mango Haze along with Kali Mist hands down some of the best if not the best offered by any commercial seed breeders.
hey hempy, do you mean the current offering of Kali mist from serious seeds? Always been interested in this strain but lost interest after reading numerous reports that the older version was the superior one and the newer reworked version from them didn't hold the same standard.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
hey hempy, do you mean the current offering of Kali mist from serious seeds? Always been interested in this strain but lost interest after reading numerous reports that the older version was the superior one and the newer reworked version from them didn't hold the same standard.

Hi Red no i grew seed from early Kali Mist that came from Simon him self that was gifted to a friend that was then gifted to me.

I just looked at their site and saw they offer fem and regular seed of the Kali Mist still so that is good as i thought only fems were available now.

Personally i would still grow it out but only the regular seed as it was not a huge yield er to begin with.

Kali mist i feel is very under rated as i dont read many posts on her and yet what i found was a dutch line that was easy to grow that produced a high that was equal to any high quality Thai.

Latest posts

Latest posts