What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How about that silver?

St. Phatty

Guns.....Real Guns.....good investment

How do you sell them ?

gunbroker.com etc

there was a 270 with a custom Pacnor barrel for $400 at the range - now that's a deal, they sold it for below cost.

1 1/4 inch diameter barrel. i'm firmly in the heavy barrel/ make recoil a memory camp.

we need a Craigslist for Firearms.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I really love silver. One day my friend came to visit and we both had a shitload of cash to invest. I pointed out to him that silver had closed at $2.50 an oz. on Friday. It was Saturday so we went to the biggest dealer in our neck of the woods and bought all his 100 oz. bars in stock with the promise of more on Tues if we paid for them now. Which we did.
Silver did nothing but go up from that point.

Silver 19.77 3:02PM EDT +0.24 +1.25%

I want to congratulate Gladys for doing an excellent job timing this market, and seizing the opportunity to grab phyzz when the grabbing was good. Unlike president Trump's grabbing (which he dindu), this was a good thing.

As for today's available ratio, we see that somehow APMEX has 2020 gold coins, available at $2196 (single). Cool date IMO.

The silver is tighter, and you still have to goback to 2018 to find availability on a single coin, as there is no volume discount. $41.46

2196 / 41.46 = 53.0, so we are getting closer. The paper ratio is 72.7, still high historically. A lot more room for the pup to run.

:D

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
It goes up fast, but it comes down fast too.

Anyone calling the top?

brickweeder

Anyone calling the top?

Not me, I've seen it hit the 50 zone twice now. With gold at an all time high and silver having just broke out of its base, there's a good chance that it plays catch-up and tackles the 50 zone again, whether it breaks through or not, who the heck knows? But I will save some long positions to sell above the 50 mark, and will probably add incremental shorts along the way.

If I had to bet, I'd say an intermediate top would be between 32 and 36. But rather than betting on a single price point top, I have small paper positions to sell at 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, etc.

With a sell program like this, it doesn't matter where it tops out because I would have taken profits all the way to the top, wherever and whenever that may be. At that point, I'll would have accumulated a nice load of dry powder to deploy at various price points when it falls (could take years to hit a low again) or to incrementally rotate into another asset category.

This move is turning out to be lightning quick, and it seems relentless, which may be an indication that there's some financial system or geopolitical problems in the background that may be showing itself soon. Keep an eye out for problems in the banking system, central bank printing, and international relations. Gold and silver have definitely sniffed something out.

Last edited:

St. Phatty

Anyone calling the top?

well let's make a list of all the wealth in the world.

Jeff Bezos, just sold 1 million shares of Amazon at about 3000 each, $3 Billion.

i don't feel like doing the rest of the list.

let's say Jeff Bezos wanted to "get into" silver.

the market would move just from his initial purchase.

$25,000 per monster box (500 ounces).
4 boxes, $100K
40 boxes $1 million
4000 boxes $100 million

that is a tiny initial purchase, and comparable to me spending $400 or $800 the first time I bought silver from APMex, and had never bought online. had always done an in-person deal, which i still prefer.

anyway, how much of that Bezos-Google Co-founder- Zuckerberg-etc. money has flowed into Ag and Au ?

not very much. it would probably get more news media, although human beings tend to keep their cards close to their chest about that kind of purchases.

Not sure Bezos would admit that he took a Silver position of $1 Billion.

anyway i'm sure Camino company, the biggest coin company in the SF bay area, or at least the biggest-oldest - i'm sure they're doing a huge business.

their customers are like mini-Bezos'es.

BUT i don't think these people - the Big Money - have moved much money into Ag and Au.

If it ever becomes the fashion to have 1% or 2% of your assets in Silver and Gold - well, just keep adding to that list counting up Jeff Bezos' and all the other rich people's assets.

1% to 2% of the money on that list ? 1 to 2 % of how many Trillions ?

if their wealth adds up to $10 Trillion, 1.5 % is 150 Billion.

do the math. 150 billion divided by the available silver and gold.

i know it's a big number.

that's what the top or new plateau looks like. when people like Bezos have 1.5% of their total assets in physical PM's.

St. Phatty

a firearms question since you guys seem knowledgeable -
why are the firearms manufacturers completely out of stock on semi-auto uppers ?

X Palmetto State
X CBC industries
X Daytona Tactica
- Bear Creek - some stock but greatly reduced selection.

they're all out mostly out of stock on uppers. they used to have 20 or 30 models at a time.

if they're selling a lot, why wouldn't they make more - and raise the price ? It's like some of them just sort of went out of business.

Palmetto State has a lot of Lowers, and they've raised the price 50% to 100%.

the only uppers they have in stock - the moronic super short barrel 5.56 with a 10 inch barrel. work great if you're trying to deafen a burglar.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Bezos is moving his money like all the other BIG MONEY names in to crypto.
The crypto market is just beginning to move. For example:
Bitcoin - doubled since March.
Ethereum - doubled since March.
Blockchain - up 5 times since March.
Basic Attention Token - doubled since March.

Please feel free to go to my cryptocurrency postings here and check it out. This is just the beginning. I have some followers who are quite happy following my recommendations. They are still quite good and have a long way to travel yet.

brickweeder

So long $30, we hardly knew ye.

I am not worried one iota.

The dollar index looks like it is turned upwards, so agree, we'll probably have to wait until this dxy upward cycle completes.

At some point, we'll be saying so long 30 because it is in the rear view mirror.

So in 2008, silver fell below its cost of production, which was between 7 and 12 bucks. Now, the cost of production is probably between 10-17 bucks, depending on the mine. But this cost doesn't include replacing reserves as they are depleted. and that cost is probably for dore bars, so further refining is needed. But if the price goes to 30 and above, there would be a huge profit margin in the miners, who will then increase production. So high prices automatically correct, albeit with a bit of delay. That's why on extreme run-ups above the cost of production, it is good to book profits on pre-allocated trading positions in the metal and miners. Then always keep a nice slug of dry powder for when the price hits extreme lows again (extreme = below cost of production), and load up there and make your stack (or brokerage account) bigger than you started with.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
A guy in the metals trading business called for a pullback yesterday, to let the market catch it's breath. Munchkin is still printing, powell is still buying bad debt from the fed's owners, and people are still clamoring for more free .guv money.

Zero Hedge has a guy talking about the 70's run with the Hunts. Good read so far.

St. Phatty

I wish Michael Ruppert was alive to see the Pandemic.

This is what he prepared people for.

When I first started buying gold in 2003, i had thoughts like, "how do i know this is not insane ?"

there were very few people to talk to about what happens when investing in groups of people, working together to make a profit - e.g. stocks - goes South.

i saved Silver in the 60's, and it helped pay for college in the late 70's & early 80's. but it wasn't as deliberate an act as when I started buying Ag and Au again in the 00's.

brickweeder

I wish Michael Ruppert was alive to see the Pandemic.

That guy exposed/made public a lot of shady stuff, especially parts of the history of the boosh family wealth in the WWII time frame. War was always a time to make big money for some people. Some very interesting and enlightening info...do you know if his site ftw is still up?