What's new

The joint doctor Lowryder SOG

Tricko

Hello Icmag and welcome to my grow log.

I did a grow operation 5 years ago with a constantly harvesting SOG. I did both autoflowers and regulars. It was kind of nerve wrecking having flowering plants 24/7 over time, but this time I'm just doing one run because I have family visiting sometimes and it would be hell on earth if someone found out what I'm doing....

I smoke a gram a day to medicate, and I'm currently using way too much money on weed bc of the corona prices. Time to make my own medicine again.... :smokeit:

Tent: 80x80x160cm

Light: 250w hps in a cooltube

Strains : Its maybe 4 autoflower strains, but i think 3 strains... I'm using 4 bags of homemade seeds from autos i have grown for some years. I marked the bags from number 1 to number 4.
I know its lowryders from joint doctor in there, I think number 2 and number 3 might be the lowryders. Number 1 and 4 might be a cross between joint doctor lowryder and a autoflower northern lights from sensiseeds. Might also be a cross between the lowryder and a unknown autoflower i got from a guy with green fingers.

I hoped to stack 25 autos in one gallon pots in there, but I just got 20 to sprout. Looks like it is going to be less crowdy than what i was hoping for. I will give the last seeds some more time and maybe sprout a second round just to get it filled up. half of them are going to be guys anyways.... Number 1. was very hard to sprout, I just barley got two seeds out of ten to open, number 2 and 3 sprouted fine. number 4 was also a bit hard to sprout but not as bad as number 1.
The funny thing is that the nicest seeds was most difficult to sprout.

KIQ9pNa.jpg

yUTvbsy.jpg

Tricko

I found my old blumat tropf system and set it up last night. Im waiting on a better water reservoar, so this 5l bottle with mylar will have to do for now.

wwOuJr1.jpg

BxKRHtl.jpg

nCQ23Rw.jpg

l1HdzQt.jpg

Tricko

Hi LizardMan. Yeah, I think the blumats are going to be perfect in this setup. I plan on hand feeding them lightly in addition to the self watering.

After a miserable germination I will have to do things a little different. Only 12/20 sprouts made it into little plants. It was mostly #2 and #3 that sucsesfully sprouted. #1 and #4 did get a little tap root on some seeds, but didn't bite the soil.

Plan B: Three or four stage SOG, I will have to sprout more seeds every 14 days until the box is full. And i'm Not giving up on the #1 and #4.....

I have read some roomers that gas from banana peel can make "feminized" seeds and reactivate old seeds, I doubt the fact that ethylene will make seeds feminized, but the fact that it breaks down the seed shell and "activates" old seeds is pretty good documented. (hopefully I get some ekstra females too...)

Tricko

Small update!

Im having a little trouble filling up the tent because some seeds does not even sprout when I transplant them into soil from the wet paper. Some of the plants are looking wierd and small, they seem to grow slower. I suspect it being a result of my not so stable seeds from my own seed production. And on the last batch almost all of them was males. Hopefully I get some more females in this batch, I have even tried the banana peel thingy on this batch. It surely sprouted more seeds much faster, but I doubt it will help on feminizing the seeds.... Next batch I will try to put the seeds directly into the soil and see if that helps. Maybe 2-3 seeds in every pot just to be sure i get one good plant in each pot.

When the water reserve is empty(I guess tonight), I am planning on moving the two bigger plants way back in the corners just to get some better work space.

And for the self watering system, its working like a dream. It seems to be using much less water this way compared to hand watering.

V7nZBHf.jpg

I have pollinated the lower parts of the plant to the left.

l8pFHcm.jpg

Its slowly filling up....

Tricko

NOrlj3V.jpg

This is how i try to do the banana peel myth. I did put em in soil today.

KVob8nW.jpg

I also reorganized the plants.

rsksSFC.jpg

Lower parts are pollinated on this girl.