What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SIPing, SCROGing, Smoking and logging...organically of course

Bmac1

Veteran
I've not done anything scientific to determine one way or another. I've always given 24 hours darkness but not sure I've done 48. Just timing really as I had planned to chop yesterday.

Bmac1

Veteran
I chopped down the 2 plants in the big tent last night at day 71. Its clear to tell from the pics where I ran out of patience with the screen. It was not a true SCROG and I will look to improve on it in the future.

The initial screen I used was not ideal. It worked well for vertical SCROG in the past but for a horizontal SCROG, I believe a rigid screen (or 2) that sits on the PVC frame. The second layer of netting I put on, I attached to the tent poles and then realized the error of my ways. It would have been much easier to work with the plants had I not done it that way.

I also think that while I cant complain with a new crop, there are things that were not ideal. My biggest worry was temps but I got lucky and they were not much of an issue at all. I had to turn the light down to 420w for maybe 4-5 days.

The Citradelic Sunset also did not really shine. The buds didnt really swell as I had hoped and its not very dense. It smells delicious but I think the glue choked it out a bit. The light had to be higher because of the glues stature so this was at a negative impact to the citradelic.

I am really close to making the switch to LED but am thinking my current 630w CMH would be better suited in 2 reflectors for better spread than the current 2 bulb, single fixture one. These Phillips bulbs should be at under 10k hours so they should still be good.

Plants will hang for a week or so as I try to keep humidity and temps ideal and then they will be dry trimmed.

picture.php

picture.php

Great work and thanks for sharing. Perfect inspiration for me as I get things going again. I've got a 5x5 tent lit by a 630 too and it will be filled with pots filled with a soil mix that is cooking away. I loved the picture of your mix with all the different amendments in their multi-coloured piles before it all got mixed together. I love standing there, baked, rake in hand convincing myself that all the stuff I bought to put in the soil was totally necessary and that the plants need it.:chin:

Bmac1

Veteran
Great work and thanks for sharing. Perfect inspiration for me as I get things going again. I've got a 5x5 tent lit by a 630 too and it will be filled with pots filled with a soil mix that is cooking away. I loved the picture of your mix with all the different amendments in their multi-coloured piles before it all got mixed together. I love standing there, baked, rake in hand convincing myself that all the stuff I bought to put in the soil was totally necessary and that the plants need it.:chin:

I am happy that you found inspiration in my thread. I've found inspiration in many a thread here over the years and happy to give back where I can.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
At 10k hours those cmh bulbs should have plenty of life. When I had the 630s with the dual hood, I felt they were good coverage for 3x3 but not much past that unless there was overlapping light. Seeing your trellis pics and hearing of the struggle just reminded me why I didn't like the trellis on the trays lol. Bamboo stakes work well but they are a little more work.

Bmac1

Veteran
I agree. I just dont seem to get a good spread in the 5x5 with this fixture.

Bmac1

Veteran
Here is the Sour A5 Haze on the deck. This is before and after a defoliation and neck snapping. I am growing more concerned by the day that I may have to abort this behemoth if she hits the roof, that is besides the established worry that I may not be able to finish her here. She is getting a little big for a patio plant.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
She will be getting a top dress tomorrow morning with her water. I may do another tea as well.

Bmac1

Veteran
Got to trimming a couple days back. I kick myself for not buying trim bins sooner, they are the bees knees.

As expected, the glue took over the tub and yielded almost twice what the citradelic sunset did. 9 oz vs 5.3 oz.

I got a good slow dry on this compared to recent harvests. Hung for a full 10 days without over drying. I've been burping the jars for a couple days now and I cannot keep my nose out of the citradelic sunset jars. Very strong orange candy, berry and something else. She had surprisingly good density too. I will keep this cut for a bit I think.

Glue

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

nickman

Veteran
Very nice harvest Bmac...!!!...
sounds like that Citradelic is a good smelling plant...!!!...

I’ve gotta get one of those trim bins... ... ...

I’m itching to get a grow started... ... ...
soon enough I hope... ... ... this has been the longest I’ve ever not had a grow going on...!!!...
things have been a little better around my home but it’s still a big chance if I start a grow that things could take a turn for the worst...!!!...
I just never really know what’s gonna happen from day to day with my significant other...!!!...
if we didn’t have two young boys I’d leave her in two seconds...!!!...

Respect bro... ... ...

Bmac1

Veteran
I don't envy the situation nickman and I hope for the best for you.

The citradelic smell, I am really enjoying. Great taste too from early testers.

The trim bins are absolutely great. Made trimming, which I hate, much more tolerable. Wish I had bought them sooner. Now I just need to do the same with a darn LED light, lol.

Veggia farmer

Looks lke great smoke. Like the color of it!

Wheat change color a lot when it gets ripe too. I see you have this golden color. Its always good with gold.

Latest posts

Latest posts