What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grinders

dddaver

Veteran
The best I ever used.

s-l1600.jpg

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Has anyone used the Canadian Androck and know how it compares to the 40's and 50's American ones? I like the design of the Canadian grinder more than its counterpart.

Update: Ok, I went ahead and ordered one. I'll report back and let everyone know how it does.

Took your advice and ordered one.

F

Fermented

If there is any contact between herb and plastic, then choose another grinder. Resin sticks to plastic, way more than metal or wood...and the thought of having my herb that I'm going to vape or smoke is being ground up with plastic just turns me off. If I had a choice between a plastic grinder and a pair of scissors, I'd choose scissors every time.

Metal grinders are efficient, but they are heavy and lack the natural feel of a well made grinder made from a good quality hard wood.

I find the best, in terms of feel, weight, grip, grind and looks, is a good quality wooden grinder. There's some out now that have a wooden grinder connected to a glass jar below..this is a cool idea (I've seen lots of these made from aluminum but this is the first I've seen made from wood), a silicon ring secures the jar to the grinder above and there's holes drilled in the bottom of the grinder so the herb falls through.

I use a rolling tray to prep herb, so I only need to use a two piece grinder....but, hey, use whatever works for you! Happy Grinding!

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
The best I ever used.

I got this grinder and tried out with some lightly seeded bud. I want the seeds. Running it through the course mode was pretty good for saving the seeds. After seed searching, I put it through a second time on fine for a really good texture. Sticky weed does get get caught in the teeth but it's not a big dealt go go forward and backward a couple times to clear it out. The grinder holds a good amount.

This is the best solution yet for my needs. Good advice dddaver!

B

Benny106

On my 2nd DNA plastic grinder, the logo rubbed off the other one, the plastic shavings from the outer lid impart a delicate flavour i enjoy too which is a bonus.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The plastic grinders S&B give you with a Volacno work pretty well, but you have to keep them clean. Oil will make a plastic grinder rough to operate, and sticky.

A little spray bottle of Etoh lubes it right up. That stuff is safe to vape too.

Last edited:

RawNature

sweet leaf box shaped grinder has done well for me. iv had it for years and sometimes it will get caked up with resin on the nails and on the side. love when this happens because i just push the kief/hash down with my fingernails and then just continue to turn the grinder since the sides will turn into hash as well.

superx

Veteran
I'm in the market for one as the pigs decided to steal my last one which was a space case, I've had that
For over 15 years...

Not sure weather to invest in another space case or a Santa Cruz.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In terms of handheld grinders, I find the Santa Cruz Shredder to be the best one I've had so far. The orange plastic thingy that came with my Storz&Bickel Mighty vaporiser is shyte I have to say.
The Shredder has a good "tooth- design" which I believe makes the diff to most others-
CC