What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything outdoors 2020

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
To kick it off, here are Moon phase calendars for 2020 if you believe in planting near or on a full moon. I'll roll the dice with some on May 8th (didn't work out for me last year), but May 22nd (New Moon) is my target. I'll be putting out late starts until July 1st.

picture.php

picture.php

Last year, along with the regular Peat Pots, I experimented with Regular Jiffy-7 Peat Pellets. I germinated the seeds, put them in the pellets, and 3-4 weeks later I dropped them in holes 6 inches deep and 6 inches apart. The results? 6 to 12 feet tall.

picture.php

This year I'm using 50mm Jiffy Peat Pellets exclusively (I'll use up my extra pots for my vegetable garden) because they work very well, will give me a better root mass, transport super easy and I can move more at one time without spilling a drop of soil.
picture.php

I raided one store and took all 500 of them. They were a little pissed. lol.
Now I'm waiting for a case to be delivered.

1st up: Freakshow.
picture.php

Start posting your seedlings or mothers for this year.

Get lucky everyone!

Fitzera

So my math tells me almost 2.5 months of veg time for you? How big are yours when you put them out?

I've nothing to show here yet, but I will! Will be putting some Boreal Seeds' Boreal Lights out in two spots - A large farm which I've been given permission to use, and an unfarmed field that has a perfect natural water source with a good amount of trees and bush that will provide cover. The latter I wont be able to give updates as it's too close to civilization and I dont want to draw attention. That spot will be middle of the night missions only when there is no moonlight.

I'll also be running a couple autos in the yard to do a little pollen chucking to see what I can create. I'd like to S1 seedsmans auto lemon (ghs lemon skunk x lowrider which I liked quite a bit) and cross it to seedsmans auto kush (hindu, lemony), next gens auto afghani kush and mephistos sour hound (I think slush puppy sounds like a good name for that x)

Looking forward to being contributor to this thread and seeing what everyone else gets up to!

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Slush Puppy sound awesome! Next cross can be Slush Puppy Brain Freeze. lol

I only grow a few this early. I'll cull some and the ones that make the cut will get transplanted a few times by the time they go out in a couple backyards. I'll keep some indoors to seed. Freakshow are a special project so none will get culled. :)

I germinate a batch every couple weeks. They're typically 4 weeks old when I move them out. I start popping seed for my main outdoor crop Mid April. Last ones go out July 15th. Everything that get started June 1st onward are my late starts. Those will yield less, but it's all about the numbers by that point. The goal is to have all cylinders firing and crops ready in 2/3 week intervals until the season is over. Doesn't always work out that way though.

FondScholarlyAlbatross-size_restricted.gif

Fitzera

Yes! That freakshow looks really interesting!

I've got a few names in my mind that I think are clever, just need to find the right x's to go along with them. I think I'll use the slush puppy brain freeze for sure!

Big Eggy

Veteran
Got my spot picked out and my seeds.. Just need some dry weather at the weekend so I can go and prep the hole(s) and decide how brave I'm gonna be.. What I don't want to end up with is too much bud in one go as trimming and drying is gonna need to be stealthy too, so I'm thinking one big photo plant (purple maroc) and a series of well timed Autos... If I can fill a big Mason jar I'll be happy.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Yeah yeah... A few fast autos and a good photo to finish the year. You can put 2 photos in the ground and just collect the colas. :)

Just remember to cage them. I can lose 80% if I don't cage. If I only put in 4 and don't cage them, I'd lose them all.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Think it’s going to be a few sneaky autos for me this year... got a little plot picked out, just need some dry weather before working the soil :tiphat:

Big Eggy

Veteran
Yeah yeah... A few fast autos and a good photo to finish the year. You can put 2 photos in the ground and just collect the colas. :)

Just remember to cage them. I can lose 80% if I don't cage. If I only put in 4 and don't cage them, I'd lose them all.

I got chicken wire all ready to go... Learnt the hard way a when I was able to grow in my garden, my cat took a liking to to young plants.

I have thought about planting more and just collecting the best bits but when I found the site growing wasn't on my mind so I need to see just how good it was.. From memory it was a steep climb and then when at the clearing no other entrance but need to confirm I'm right.

bibi40

Ready for this season with :

- Killer kush
- Early gorilla

- Mango sapphire

- Bubba' s gift ,

a lot of auto :

- Auto gelato
- Mazarilla
- Cream mandarine ,

and a lot of others , i' m full of seeds , just some ( hard ) choice to do ...

Not planning anything about the moon , don' t care about ,
it' s always work :biggrin:

:tiphat:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Does anybody do a cover crop for their outdoor? I seeded some hairy vetch & winter rye in October I think, but I'm not sure it will come up because our winter has been insanely warm. I'm not sure if I should try a reseed in the spring?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Go out early spring and if the cover crop is not germinating, reseed.
I like clover.
Peace GG
Thanks gorilla ganja! I got the vetch & rye cause it was recommended for new england. I will probably throw some clover out there as well in the spring as it's a low cover crop and the other 2 are grasses which will need to be cut down for mulch.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Clover is for nitrogen fixation is my understanding. Nitrogen fixation means pulling the nitrogen out of the air, and then turning it into a form the plants can use at it's roots, ammonium or other nitrates/nitrites.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Clover is for nitrogen fixation is my understanding. Nitrogen fixation means pulling the nitrogen out of the air, and then turning it into a form the plants can use at it's roots, ammonium or other nitrates/nitrites.

Yep part of the legume family.. If you look at the flowera they are very similar to beans... They all fix nitrogen in the soil through nodgles in the roots.

Some low growing cover is ther perfect environment for slugs so be careful early on.

budsnblunts

Veteran
I cover crop through winter and then spring with a mixture of clover, lupin and mustard seed. Really gives the lime something to breakdown. This year digging holes over the mycelium was insane!!.

Latest posts

Latest posts