What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD Oil for Sleeping Problems?

Pinkfan

I seen a youtube video were bas Rutten said he used cbd with 3% thc in a vape pen and two long
Puffs puts him to sleep in 20mins but he did say
It needs a small % of thc in it. So i might try a cbd strain see if it helps me

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I tried a CBD oil, and paste for my sleep disorder and it didn't do a thing. Tasted alright though. Seems like everyone with a sleep problem suffers for a different reason and may require a different solution.

For me, MJ has been what has helped me most between sleep studies and therapy, to all the pharmaceutical nonsense. I recommend an Afghani variety or cross, and flower it out longer to get half of the trichomes an amber color. Baked into edibles this will put you on a comfy cloud headed straight to dreamland.

Pinkfan

Yes i agree JST cbd oil & paste didnt do i thing
For me and i took it every morning until bottle finished. My sister took the same oil and she said
It calmed her. I also have a high tolerance to pain killers they dont really work on me

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
one other thing worth mentioning that i have heard and others chiming in seem to concur about is the entourage effect. including even a small percentage of thc oil with a much larger percentage of cbd seems to have better effect that just cbd alone.

prune

Veteran
The first thing anyone should try if they have difficulty sleeping is Glycine, a simple sweet amino acid.
It's deficient in most people because we trim off the gristle on our meats and don't synthesize enough naturally. It helps the mind to relax and helps regulate correct temperature for the deepest sleep. (you'll also develop great nails, hair and a lower bp)

Buy a jar of the powder (Now brand) and take two teaspoons in a bit of water before bed. As you're likely deficient, the effect improves as your body replenishes its shortfall.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I seen a youtube video were bas Rutten said he used cbd with 3% thc in a vape pen and two long
Puffs puts him to sleep in 20mins but he did say
It needs a small % of thc in it. So i might try a cbd strain see if it helps me
Just about any THC strain left to go full amber will do the same, no CBD needed. ;)

Ty prune, was not aware of this. :)

clearheaded

50-80mg cbd 2-3 mg of thc oil. hour and a half or 2 hours before bed. helps slow things down, relax, no hang over.

thats interesting someone said need to take cbd for a long time. I find get a tollerance fast and looses its effectiveness.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
thats interesting someone said need to take cbd for a long time. I find get a tollerance fast and looses its effectiveness.
Loses it's effectiveness for sleep? This may be, but nearly all the other medical benefits continue to increase during the first 2-3 weeks. Could it possibly be you're confusing the effects of the THC you're using with the CBD?

CBD is not that great of a 'single-use' type medication. Taking it should be a long term, saturation type usage. A constant and steady dosage. Taking enough cbd to 'feel' it is (in most cases) a vast waste of CBD, and doesn't get you the benefits you really want.

When CBD is used over a long period of time, it helps to stabilize many regulatory functions in the body. If your deficiencies/issues are contributing to a lack of sleep, you'll see them intruding less and you'll sleep more.

Is CBD a bed-time knockout pill? No. You want CBN for this

billy_big_bud!

Veteran
speaking of cbn does anyone know of a sure fire way to produce cbn? from what i understand it is essentially just aged cannabis but little other details are well known as to how to achieve this reaction in terms of times, conditions ect. i would love some relevant info on how to produce this for myself as there doesnt seem to be a lot of interest or commercial availability for this product despite its obvious usefulness as a sleep aid.

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
Take a look at CBDdistillers they've won the Chalices cup a few time and they were the only one I saw with pure CBN and Pure THCX from pure Malawi for sale in grams

Riyad Brown

I read many articles and can say that CBD is a popular treatment for insomnia, and promotes refreshing REM sleep to reduced excessive daytime sleepiness. CBD is proven to be particularly helpful for sleep disorders in people with neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s disease. I think if you have such problems you should try it, it must help. CBD can help with better quality sleep at night. Some are able to take large doses or smoke or vapie CBD and drift right off to sleep.

GGNo2

I paid out for a 40ml bottle of full spectrum cbd oil a few months back. Can honestly say I felt it did nothing for my insomnia or anxiety.

I kind of disagree how it's touted as some sort of miracle cure all lol
I'm less anxious and fall asleep no problem after smoking me some Indica

billy_big_bud!

Veteran
ah... good old biodiversity. for some a peanut butter sandwich is a delicious snack. for others, a death sentence...sorry for your luck ggno2.

GGNo2

ah... good old biodiversity. for some a peanut butter sandwich is a delicious snack. for others, a death sentence...sorry for your luck ggno2.

This is probably the case, it did taste nice though.
For me personally i find thc is the magic for my ailments. I originally started smoking when I had a brain injury and was diagnosed with non combative ptsd.

Having a smoke sorted my head out and calmed me, I tried cbd oil the 1st time I had to quit smoking for a drugs test and it did nothing. I would still be awake at 4 am most mornings for around a month and half.
As soon as it was clear for me to do so I had a joint and I'm in bed by 11pm again.

billy_big_bud!

Veteran
one other aspect worth mentioning is the entourage effect. all the hype is on cbd alone to try and reassure the masses they can enjoy health benefits without any of the associated intoxication but study after study reveal even a small percentage of thc contributes significantly to the beneficial effects of cbd.

Riyad Brown

One interesting thing is the CBD oils are not developed tolerance as like as the other medication after a period of time. As a result, it can effectively work for a long time in sleeplessness and anxiety. However, you must take the oil in the proper scale according to the suggestion of the doctor.

Usually, the CBD oil is taken orally and the quantity is around one or two drops of oil. It doesn’t require taking every day. If you take the right quantity of oil as the doctor prescribed, you may not develop any tolerance. Besides, there will be no side effects that occur while the intake of raw cannabis products. You may feel sleepy after taking the oil.

You can be assured about the CBD oil that it will works for a long time while taken properly. It is also scientifically proven for sleepiness. More research needs to be done to be ensured about anxiety.

DrDee

vape tailings

vape tailings

speaking of cbn does anyone know of a sure fire way to produce cbn? from what i understand it is essentially just aged cannabis but little other details are well known as to how to achieve this reaction in terms of times, conditions ect. i would love some relevant info on how to produce this for myself as there doesnt seem to be a lot of interest or commercial availability for this product despite its obvious usefulness as a sleep aid.

I know you were probably looking for something scientific...but I remember a guy posting that he saved all the already vaped bud. Then made cannabutter with it. He said it really knocked him out.
JD

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I have found that THC does nothing for joint pain and CBD helps that immensely. I use both isolate and broad spectrum CBD, and prefer the isolate (Medterra brand, 1000 mg). My dawg loves the CBD and it has made his old bag of bones a lot more active.

I make cookies from cannabutter {which I make directly in a rice cooker without water - probably hitting the 375*F mark to convert CBD to CBN}. Taking a cookie before going to bed guarantees 3 hours of deep REM sleep. Wake, pee, repeat until morning. Works for me and as an old fart I usually can't hardly sleep at all.

Edit: {throw that out inside the brackets} I have changed to using a water bottom in a crock pot. The water absorbs a lot of crud that I don't think you want to eat. And it keeps the butter from getting over 212*.

I take the CBD tincture in the morning, and by evening there is no CBD to temper the THC/CBN buzz. I am pretty sure there is some conversion to CBN along the way to making cookies. People that eat them all love the sleep they get. Also, different people react a lot differently to edibles, so always ease in to them.

Last edited: