What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'95 Silver Haze from The Nature Farm

D3pthCharg3

Hello friends on ICMag...
Im wondering, does anyone have any thoughts on The Nature Farm's new offering: '95 Silver Haze?

Thanks for any thoughts and opinions...

Last edited by a moderator:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I have a pack of the skunk x super silver. Been waiting to start them because so far I have yet to see a grow/smoke report that resulted in keepers.

Root beer does sound good though.

grayeyes

Another 'name change' ripoff. This isn't SSH or even close. And definitely not worth $100.

Very much like the four offerings of "cherry bomb" that have nothing to do with Mr. Greengenes fine work.

D3pthCharg3

I have a pack of the skunk x super silver. Been waiting to start them because so far I have yet to see a grow/smoke report that resulted in keepers.

Root beer does sound good though.

I have this one too, I got it on account of the haze used. This is why I'm so interested in the pure line. (Not that HazexSkunks are not amazing in their own rights)

Root Beer, yes please

D3pthCharg3

Another 'name change' ripoff. This isn't SSH or even close. And definitely not worth $100.

Very much like the four offerings of "cherry bomb" that have nothing to do with Mr. Greengenes fine work.

I'm not sure this is SSH, or is supposed to be SSH. I believe it is Silver Haze (Silver Pearl x Haze), a different Haze hybrid hailing from the 90s via Sensi originally (I think).

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
my thought is that silver haze is popular due to silver haze F1 plants. and they took it to another generations, so took it somewhere else and for sure lost magic of hybrid vigor of F1 plants.. so it can be good, but definitely different than 90´ silver haze.

D3pthCharg3

They bullshitted the skunk 69, now you think they have another hidden gem. I guess the marketing works on some people

Im wondering, does anyone have any thoughts on The Nature Farm's new offering: '95 Silver Haze?

seems as though I'm asking for opinions of the strain not their marketing effects, thanks though

Smokey Pockets

seems as though I'm asking for opinions of the strain not their marketing effects, thanks though
I understand, but my point is that the 69 skunk wasn’t what it’s advertised as, so I doubt they have this silver haze line

zachrockbadenof

Veteran

i bought a pack of mr nice;s ssh 12/15yrs ago... i think it was $175- never found anything worth keeping- supposely he was 'the man' holding them gems... still have 1/2 pack left- maybe will germ em one day, but one bitten..twice shy...

D3pthCharg3

i bought a pack of mr nice;s ssh 12/15yrs ago... i think it was $175- never found anything worth keeping- supposely he was 'the man' holding them gems... still have 1/2 pack left- maybe will germ em one day, but one bitten..twice shy...

Literally same here (add hermies)...and the same in regards to MOST packs of seeds I have popped...whether it be a "skunky" skunk (Nobody's found one yet; not in MNS Shit, Duke's gear, old school bag seeds, etc.), or a "frankincense" haze (Chimera's offerings, MNS SSH, etc.). So my thought is to "decide' based on genetic chance, not really 'the word' of the breeder. This haze offering "seems' to be legit from the '90s (the best time for homegrown weed IMO based on genetics available), Hazes in the 90s were IT in my opinion. Could have been the fact I was on Dead tour or at a Rainbow gathering and the weed was better in those circles,(and/or I was 20something)....

BTW I have found amazing males from the Skunk18 line (ala Master Thai though), I still believe there is "gold in them thar hills", haha

I'm thinking I'm going to swing at this pitch and see if I can connect...I've swung at MUCH worse over the years, haha.

SourDank

Veteran
Nature Farms Skunk line was no good? Smokey Pockets, just curious if you ran it or know people who’ve had bad experiences?

D3pthCharg3

What did these amazing males contribute to their offspring?

Good question. The original pollination with MT Skunk18s resulted in progeny that exhibited more and denser trichome coverage, greater yield due to extremely dense flowers (rock hard) and longer running flowers (no golf balls), and flavors that now leaned toward fuel and menthol. Some 10 gal organic pots yielding nearly a pound of high quality flowers. The resulting progeny also showed a propensity to purple later in flowering on genetics that showed zero color previously (not a huge deal to me but people love color). If you check out my IG you can see my work with these guys. I used them as the first step in my Sunshine 3 project, now on bx2. My bx1 male is frosty and perfectly structured, and was the very last plant in my bx1 run to show preflowers. I could't be more pleased.

D3pthCharg3

Nature Farms Skunk line was no good? Smokey Pockets, just curious if you ran it or know people who’ve had bad experiences?

There is a lot of chatter about the Skunk 18s not being RKS....but in all honesty, no ones Skunk lines have yet to produce a documented reproducible RKS; not Duke, not Chimera, not MNS etc.

Not being RKS cannot be deemed 'bad experience' in my opinion. to this grower 'bad experience' is intersexing leading to full room pollination, extremely poor quality and undesirable flowers, etc.

I have popped waaaaaaayyyy shittier packs of seeds.

Smokey Pockets

Yeah I grew the 69 skunk 18, there was no funk , just all sweet. And some of them hermed. And I have not heard from anyone who grew them, that they found anything worthwhile. nature farm is garbage

Smokey Pockets

There is a lot of chatter about the Skunk 18s not being RKS....but in all honesty, no ones Skunk lines have yet to produce a documented reproducible RKS; not Duke, not Chimera, not MNS etc.

Not being RKS cannot be deemed 'bad experience' in my opinion. to this grower 'bad experience' is intersexing leading to full room pollination, extremely poor quality and undesirable flowers, etc.

I have popped waaaaaaayyyy shittier packs of seeds.

Using those qualifiers, you may as well just grow bagseed. You are basically saying , you don’t care if it’s not what the breeder says , as long as it doesn’t herm, you are cool with it.

D3pthCharg3

Using those qualifiers, you may as well just grow bagseed. You are basically saying , you don’t care if it’s not what the breeder says , as long as it doesn’t herm, you are cool with it.

Not necessarily, I'm just referring to a 'bad experience'. I guess we have different opinions of what a 'bad experience' with a pack of seeds is...

However, in some cases though I would grow bagseed over breeder stock...