What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jean Guy - House of the Great Gardener

Alucinaciones

I ran a beautiful Jean Guy female outside 4 years ago started on May 13th here at 46N and she didnt start flowering until the third week in September which is exactly when we start receiving 12 hours of light. She made it until mid October before the it got too cold that year . Her nose and flavor off the tiny bit i got was exquisite. I absolutely will post the cross just got a new tent set up with a 315 cmh so im very much looking forward to learning sharing and posting here

I ran a beautiful Jean Guy female outside 4 years ago started on May 13th here at 46N and she didnt start flowering until the third week in September which is exactly when we start receiving 12 hours of light. She made it until mid October before the it got too cold that year . Her nose and flavor off the tiny bit i got was exquisite. I absolutely will post the cross just got a new tent set up with a 315 cmh so im very much looking forward to learning sharing and posting here

Bubba is "due" mid Oct and I expect Jean Guy to not be fully ready until Halloweenish. Wish me luck. We're expecting a mild fall season (44N) so hopefully I can get them to full term.:huggg:

I'll follow your progress. It's an extremely unheralded strain. When I ask budtenders for it they deem to all know what I'm talking about and some say, "Ya, we had but it sold out quickly." To which I say, 'supply the demand, stupid'. In the meantime, I'll have a quarter of your Wedding Cake and Ice Cream. :moon:

Somatek

Nice looking plants Cigarviper, can't wait to see how they turn out. I read on another board that Jean Guy was made by Trichome Pharm back in the cannabis world days from a knock off of white widow (they couldn't remember which company though, definitely not Greenhouse or Mr Nice though). Now I'm itching to plant a couple, just gotta clear some space first...

Nice looking plants Cigarviper, can't wait to see how they turn out. I read on another board that Jean Guy was made by Trichome Pharm back in the cannabis world days from a knock off of white widow (they couldn't remember which company though, definitely not Greenhouse or Mr Nice though). Now I'm itching to plant a couple, just gotta clear some space first...

Thankyou fellow Ontarion. This plant is from House of the Great Gardener seed, The Bubba Kush is from Green House Seed Company.

Alucinaciones

Allegedly just a feminized early white widow from Dutch passion which if true would be the closest thing to a Shanti Original. Im also going pollinate the Roberts Creek Congolese and Nigerian Kandahar clones with some select Jean Guy males and see what shakes out in the F2's

insomniac_AU

Yes the WW component is the only one most seem to agree on. I'd really like to know what the true lineage is because it's a great genetic.
Sounds like some interesting crosses. Let us know how it goes. :tiphat:

insomniac_AU

Hi CV
Sorry for the late reply, been really busy lately. The breeders recommendation is 9-10 weeks. I usually go 10 weeks. A jewelers loupe allows you to inspect the trichomes closely. I like about half amber.

Hi CV
Sorry for the late reply, been really busy lately. The breeders recommendation is 9-10 weeks. I usually go 10 weeks. A jewelers loupe allows you to inspect the trichomes closely. I like about half amber.

Thank you, Sir. It's gettin' close. Luckily the humidity here has levelled out recently. Unfortunately Bubba Kush plumped up at the same time the humidity hit and suffered some budrot. But what was salvaged is lovely smoke.

But this Jean Guy is my Holy Grail atm. So stroked, it's been a long time.

Thanks again, Insomniac_AU.

insomniac_AU

You're welcome. I might add I have no experience growing it outside. Shame about the budrot. One of the reasons I like growing indoors is I can control the humidity. Hope everything turns out well for you.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
Had a chance to get a cut of this years ago it came down from montreal and was floating around the st regis reservation near upstate ny. Its on my to do list.

insomniac_AU

Have you made any bubble hash with Jean Guy, Insomniac?
Hey CV! Sorry for the slightly late reply :shucks:
Life sort of got in the way for a while. I've still been ticking along growing my own. Still growing JG. Still from the original seed I popped years ago actually. Haven't made any bubble hash mainly because I've never got around to getting myself some bags. I'm trying to cut down the amount I smoke after years of punishing my lungs. Make a lot of edibles now. Hope your grows have been going well.

I'm wondering has anybody grow something else from them??

I've grown Barb from them. Wasn't a big fan. Nice taste but not strong enough for me and had herm tendencies. Apparently it makes great extracts though.

This was from last night at day 42 flower. 2 rear plants are JG and 2 fronts are Shishkaberry x 3dG13

Somatek

I'm wondering has anybody grow something else from them??

I've got a Barb mom that's popular, strong fruity taste, mild balanced effects that make for good day time smoke. Big yields and easy to grow, I usually give beginners either this or Bogglegum as even grown poorly they still produce decent buds. It's the only reg seeds I grew from them, didn't really get to evaluate the variation in the pack as the kitten ate 6/8 seedlings.

René S1 is something I grow for personal smoke, small buds and tends to throw some 'nanners at the end of flowering but the taste more then makes up for it. The one I kept has a strong grapefruit nose to it, even the last tokes on a joint have that clean crisp taste. Lots of variation between pheno's in bud structure, aroma and hermy tendencies.

Sunshine isn't pretty bud unless you like the lanky sativa buds. Big, fat, airy buds that take around 12-14 weeks to finish. It has the least variation out of all of them with only 2 different bud structures and 2 dominant Terp profiles (a more sweet/candy lemon that reminded me of warheads & a more bitter/natural lemon one) that all have a nice soaring buzz. Perfect for the morning toke as ya need to get up and moving after, little anxiety or paranoia though.

Waiting for a pack of Highlo and Jean Guy now, well a replacement pack as I gave the last pack I bought to a local grower to explore since I was busy digging through Dman's gear. Sadly he failed to get a single one to herm, not sure how but he was the master of killing seeds. Overall I found their seeds as advertised and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking for interesting smoke.

Diskokobaja

If I can chip in, people check out county line genetics..
Dude hook me up with bunch of seeds.
He does regs, but has some fem strains also..
I received 3 fem strains with 12 seeds in each pack..

Latest posts

Latest posts