What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Original Haze

Bumble Buddy

Came across this image in Sam_Skunkman's ICMag gallery:
1250sophisticated.gif

"JJJ Ranch SOPHISTICATED LADY the national joy smoke
Premium Cannabis Sativa grown from the highest quality Santa Cruz Haze seeds. Expertly nurtured and cured at Triple J Ranch"

:joint::joint::joint:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
TFD is owned by Sensi these days right? Wouldnt be so sure that they have the good old stock anymore, I go with Tom's OHaze and Sam's OHaze x Skunk#1..that poster is beautiful Happyhi!!!

BennyBlanco

Can It All Be So Simple!
Veteran
yeah fellow Icmager smoked some O'hazex skunk#1 with me and that shit was bomb diggity he gave me a clone but i passed it on cause i didnt have the head room for that type of strain

luciano28

This is a cool thread. Im curious to hear how your hazes turned out and if it reminded you of the good ole days of that poster. We need more ole timers coming out and telling their stories like this.

Hope you are well happyhi.

If you find someone selling that poster let me know.

ecyrba

The original haze

The original haze

Thsi strain is probebly dead but thought I'd give it a try.

I lived in Santa Cruz back in the day of the haze and this is what I recall.....

The strain was developed by the Hayes brothers in Santa Cruz. They used a special soil formula that gave the plants all they needed. They grew these incredible plants in their backyard in Santa Cruz. They used a breeding pair consisting of one incredible gold Columbian male and a Thai female. The hybrid offspring wre varied and not consistent for years. They had many different types and strengths. They were all very powerful and delicate. Very stony. What's call Haze today is nowhere near what the Hayes brothers developed. I beleive the strain faded away with the Hayes brothers long ago.

I remember one of their plants specifically. They called it lambs wool as the flowers looked just like the material used in womens clothing by the same name. They had many types each year and it always fetched big bucks.

They sold exclusively through a broker in the Santa Cruz mountains in Boulder creek. He bought and sold virtually all the pot grown in the area and even had an inventory going back several years for sampling. He had many sampling parties that I remember very well.

There was the onslaught of Columbian weed being brought into San Franciso bay at that time and there were two basic strains; red and gold columbian. These were used as the base for much of the pot being grown there today.

The Hayes brothers worked hard to make sure that none of their seeds made it to the public but late in the 70's this same brojker took some to Mexican farmers and I don't know what happened to that effort. I believe the Haze strain became what it was because of the exceptional climate in Santa Cruz that allowed slow maturation of the flowers. These plants had very delicate flowers that broke apart easily. It was back bred using more Columbian genetics.

Personally, I don't believe any of that strain exists today. There are very few breeders that understand genetics these days and many things are sold using the Haze name that have nothing to do with this original haze.

I have one of the posters mentioned and would be glad to publish it if anyone still exists on this thread.

Brastaman

best smoke i've had to date was a haze, it turned purple and took forever. the earlier it was picked the more paranoia came through the high. I can't wait to let TomHill's haze go the distance cuz i crave what all of you speak of about the haze.
Sam's ohazexskunk 1 is looking and smelling outrageous at 10 weeks.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Dunno if it's worth anything (yet)... but seedbay has African Haze, from time to time. I picked up a pack since it's Original Haze X Bushman.

With my indica sensitivity... figured a cross with an African sativa would get better results than afghani (Skunk). :D

Sure hope you find that poster!

Stay Safe!

gingerale

Veteran
Anyone got a higher resolution pic of this poster? Bad ass...I'd really like to have that duplicated.

buchi

i have an original. hit me up.

i have an original. hit me up.

greetings,
i was wondering if the community is familiar with a poster
made in 1975 called the original haze? it was copy written
in '75 by RL.
if anyone else happens to have one i'd love to hear from you.

back in those days i was an apprentice to an old master, now
i'm old, and no master, but still old.

the poster includes the story and recipe, and since i'm a med patient
now and able to engage in the production of my own medicine i have
engaged in gardening and am seeking out others who may have been around then.

peace from the monterey bay

Msg me I have one

Lisa L.

poster. cosmic boogie

poster. cosmic boogie

Hello, I also have a cosmic boogie poster signed by R.L. I understand they are quite rare, and i would love to know its value. The poster was my mothers, who is now gone. How she came in possession of it im not sure, all i know is in the 70s we spent alot of time in Santa Cruz( ,capitola mostly) us kids would.play on the beach while my mom????. Anyway, if there is anyone out there who can advise, please do so. Thanks, Lisa L

Lisa L.

poster. cosmic boogie

poster. cosmic boogie

Hello, I also have a cosmic boogie poster signed by R.L. I understand they are quite rare, and i would love to know its value. The poster was my mothers, who is now gone. How she came in possession of it im not sure, all i know is in the 70s we spent alot of time in Santa Cruz( ,capitola mostly) us kids would.play on the beach while my mom????. Anyway, if there is anyone out there who can advise, please do so. Thanks, Lisa L

OLDproLg

Veteran
Breeding projects underway with OH male!!!!!

Breeding projects underway with OH male!!!!!

Here ya go friends!!

Not a poster but the REAL OH right here.....
Been breeding HIM with all my moms!!!
Lg

Attachments

• breeder OH male.1.jpg
    breeder OH male.1.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 97
  • Limonana haze bud.jpg
    Limonana haze bud.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 101

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good oldprolg

what Haze male are you using?
tom hill
flying dutchman
old timers
haze brothers
g13haze male

and what females have you hit him with

you got me interested

peace

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Nice plant, Oldpro, I love the papaya plant in the pic too. Must be nice living in a climate that is great for growing sativas.

OLDproLg

Veteran
Hey brothers!!!

Im using seedmans OH....i found a winner winner
STEAK DINNER!!!!!!!!!

Frikin thing is TIME sensitive to the max!
giving its church incense smells an great resins....but not to dom!
Just right for making tuns of good crosses...im havin FUN smokin it....

GOT a sweet female clone from Green Supreme,so PURE Original Haze commin up!!!

Yah Randy,im lucky as heck to be able to grow those excotics here,
Nothing is better than a good sativa in my oppinion!!!
HEAVY EYE LID ones like my OH man,so so good......
Lg

waveguide

Veteran
yeah, i had a seedsman OH in 2008 that i thought was notable, as did persons old enough to recall the 70's. lost it, sad that seedsman stopped that line. making do with a pack of their indian haze i grabbed before that was all gone.

leaves like ribbons, buds all over, really dank smell for a sativa.

OLDproLg

Veteran
looking good oldprolg

what Haze male are you using?
tom hill
flying dutchman
old timers
haze brothers
g13haze male

and what females have you hit him with

you got me interested

peace
Hey brother,did a bunch of crosses so far!!!

Got my,moms all crossed with him,ive got,
Limonana- a skunk lemon/banana pheno,hence Limonana Haze!
Pineapple skunk
shorty skunk
siberian frost/SD/OG
Cheese pheno's-cherry,blueberry,irish spring pheno's
ECSD
choco deisel
puna haze
Durban sativas

and PURE ORIGINAL HAZE comming up!!!!
peace n green to all,LG

Latest posts

Latest posts