What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

At the rate this is going, im gonna be a Sumo fighter by the end if the year

OilGuy

With the gyms closing and working from home since April, I feel your pain. The "quarantine fifteen" is no joke!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- If you are serious about Sumo fighting - you need to get a couple of these Sumo Suits - then find another who is interested in Sumo - then fight - and keep fighting till you win or lose - daily - that'll kill some calories - and make you more Sumo-Centric -

picture.php

h.h.

Veteran
You’re fat cause you can’t go to the gym? Sounds like an excuse. Try jumping up and down. Shake. Lift make believe weights. I prefer not to workout in areas where strange body fluids aren’t present. The gym is about the grossest place I can think of.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
It took a whole hot summer of working outside to shed my 15 pandemic pounds. Those canna-cookies I make may now be my enemy from within, but I will find a way to burn those off.

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
can get a pretty decent workout in with some cheap dumbells and a pullup bar, thats how my home gym started years back.

Klompen

I can't gain weight even if I want to. I'm not not capable of it. I think if anything the lockdown has made my relationship with food even worse. I already can barely eat on the best of days.

St. Phatty

the Coffee + Ski Parka routine is the best one I've ever found for getting a workout routine started.

You just get caffeinated and then walk up some substantial hill.

The jacket is to make you sweat.

if you can turn that into an hour walk, that is good.

The trick with any exercise routine is that it be enjoyable, otherwise you won't do it again the next day.

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
If you want to lose weight, build muscle....muscles that are rebuilding burn calories while you rest. The biggest muscles we have are the Gluteus (maximus/medius/minimus) and the Quadriceps. Squats and lunges will work those. Add in some push-ups and pull-ups and watch the pounds fall off. 3 days a week for a half hour a day is a good place to start.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Walking is good exercise. Can you at least do that? You can start slow and build up.

But losing weight is nearly all about diet. Cut back on processed foods, and replace with lots of salads, vegetables and good protein.

Safe fasting such as intermittent fasting can give you a kick start, both mentally and physically. It's not as hard as it sounds.

It's not for everybody but I found that learning meditation techniques such as mindfulness or simple breathing techniques (such as 7-11) helped reduce cravings. If you are stuck at home the fridge is your enemy as it is so convenient. It's the mental battle that is the hardest when making change.

Last edited:

mikeross

I've gained weight but it was intentional. I've been lifting weights for about 20 years and really enjoy it, although hate any form of cardio in the gym.

Losing weight is literally all diet. Don't like running on a treadmill for an hour, then just skip that Whopper and you don't have to. To simplify weight loss, it's just calories in VS calories out. You need to burn more calories in a day when you consumer... you can still achieve this by sitting on the couch all day with zero exercise but need to be selective of your food choices and calories intake.

You want to drop 20 pounds in 3 months with zero exercise, simply figure out how much calories you burn in a day and reduce by 1000 calories. You will burn a pound every 2-3 days. A typical man on this type of diet can eat 2 huge salads a day, light dressing or something oil/vinegar based coupled with a steak and a few pieces of baked chicken. Its great tasty meal, who doesn't like grilled meat but gets boring after awhile. Always maintain a caloric deficit and you will lose weight... its a proven fact not bro science.

I recently found an easy to way to lose weight and not suffer from burning gut syndrome .. eat between 6 Am and 7PM... fast between these hours... every morning when you wake and before you go to bed to take a cup of Metamucil. unreal how well it works. just don't eat after 7 PM ... your going to sleep better and lose weight and notice a overall lowering of your need for food

Latest posts

Latest posts