What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

traveling with pot

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
again, thanks for all the help and i enjoy hearing the stories of traveling with weed

(snipped some good stuff) This was post 9/11 but pre "No liquids over 4 oz." BS. (/snip)

9-11 changed a lot of things
the one time i had trouble with tsa was when we went back east for mrsChickys dads wedding
her new step mom was this nice lady from oaxaca and could cook like you would not believe
when we left she packed us a nice lunch for travel
we get to the tsa checkpoint and turns out she gave us a big container of soup to eat with our meal
you could see teh agent knew what we had (soup) not something dangerous, but laws are the law; four ounces was the limit
so i told him i would drink the excess and make it under four ounces
he gave me the container and i took a nice big drink of it and he let us through
i wont be bringing any liquids with me, thats for sure
but i would really like to bring some weed

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
i got some of those mylar bags and am thinking of stashing it in with my carry on luggage
candies will go in my food bag for the flight, but i would like to bring some fresh weed too

troutman

Seed Whore
Use gloves and don't touch the outside of the mylar bags. Fill the bags and seal carefully.
Throw gloves away. Wipe bag with iso alcohol to remove weed odors. Good Luck.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
great idea about wearing gloves and wiping down the bag after i fill it
i was also thinking of just stuffing some pot in a clean potatoe chip bag but that would not have as good a seal
/maybe i could seal it myself somehow?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Get a container of "hemp" and put your dope in that. They can't tellthe difference, so I bet they don't worry about it.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Little jars with a label. They can be bought through the mail I think. These guys mailed me a jar of space candy (pretty tasty in the vape) because of a delay in a volcano I bought.

https://creamcityhemp.com/department/smokables/flower/

This may be the ticket, cause they will send you the jar with the flower. Hemp is just like good flower IMO, and cops can't be bothered. I'd like to get a QP of some hemp like this... to spend more time with vaped CBD.

https://creamcityhemp.com/shop-cbd/sour-space-candy-organic-cbd-nugs/

St. Phatty

Texas is harsh!! Mail it to your hotel or to friends, but don't travel to TX with it. Too risky.

unless you're wealthy.

friend that married the daughter of a Texas banker has been doing it - travelling with pot on long cross country drives, even smoking in the car - for 3 decades.

Never a problem.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
unless you're wealthy.

friend that married the daughter of a Texas banker has been doing it - travelling with pot on long cross country drives, even smoking in the car - for 3 decades.

Never a problem.
More than likely through this lens (white privilege) and until she is caught.

Latest posts

Latest posts