What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

legalizing marijuana at the federal level for the first time

All I read is: we had a bill with unanimous support, and put reparations in it to make it unlikely to pass the Senate.

How much salary did this cost us? How many decades must pass with our representatives trying to add pork and getting bills shut down?
Just decriminalize it, and it's fucking done!

People who got popped knew the risks. It's not like we're all miranda and don't know the law.

Just write a straight up bill and let us pass it.... Fuck!

So sick of bleeding hearts trying to slip a second meaning into everything, and fucking it all up.

We just need to decriminalize it federally ASAP. Everybody wins.

What are we gonna do, sue our dead grandparents for voting poorly? How about taxing boomers for their co2 emissions over their lifetime?
Just write a bill with ONE PURPOSE, and we can move on. It's been common sense to legalize this shit for 50+ years.... But we have republicans saying "we don't know the long term effects" like fucking douchebags, and now we have Democrats adding unrealistic reparations into it. :cuss:
Democrats support reparations, thanks for the news flash. Republicans don't. What a pointless exercise!

We could pass this shit by the end of the year if they would just stay on topic.
Vote for reparations in a separate bill for fucks sake... They don't need many republican votes, but they are gonna get like 3.
Can nobody reach across the isle anymore?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
moderate democrats have stalled voting on the bill, and probably for what will turn out to be a good reason. there is no need to give the GOP/chump a stick to hit Biden over the head with right before the election. esp since it has zero chance of being even discussed in the Senate with KY Senator McCuckle blocking everything except chumps far-right judges. first, you need a POTUS that might listen to people, and a Senate willing to talk about it. we have neither at the moment. very same reason the Dems did not put a plank in their platform RE legalizing/decriminalizing cannabis. all that could possibly do is drive more Bible thumping GOPers to go vote to "save the children"...

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Write the WH and tell them you want THC removed from schedule I. All it takes is Trump's signature.

If black lives mattered, this would be a big issue.

"An ACLU report analyzing marijuana-related arrests from 2010 to 2018 found that Black people were 3.64 times more likely than white people to be arrested for marijuana possession. "

CaptainDankness

That logic is absolutely nuts. Legalization needs to be passed in a way to benefit the average joe/little man way more than big business. I am not sure exactly how to do this, however don't just pass whatever legalization is offered to have legal weed.

Any legalization is good really, this whole movement started with California medical marijuana, now we have recreational, once the corporations are growing their Budweiser it's going to be a lot easier to justify our small local micro breweries.

A lot of people would love to smoke some premium greenhouse grown Neville's Haze but that's not going to be the Budweiser, possibly imported but it probably won't as good as a local coffee shop/greenhouse.

I'd also be trying to visit this coffee shop that's going to have hash from all over the world. I've only tried 2 imported hash's one was bland but the Indian Chara's was delightful, I'd buy a pound if I could find it again.

There is litterally no way in hell we're going to stop them from taking over majority of the market, especially those stupid vape pens. But any step forward, is still a step forward, once you can buy weed at a local store the entire stigma of marijuana is a drug will be gone and it will be clear it's much better than alcohol.