What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plants not flowering?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Anybody ever had plants just not flower? I have a little one in a pot at the house and 2 of the ones I transplanted to my outdoor grow that don't seem to be showing any signs of sex at all while the other plants are all obviously male or female. Any experience with this? Is it genetics? Something I did?

Amynamous

My Cherry Bomb is outside and showed it’s first pistil yesterday. The Cherry Bomb is mostly sativa. I'm at 35 North.
I also have a lot of light pollution from neighbors and street lights. Everything else has been flowering for at least a couple of weeks.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
My Cherry Bomb is outside and showed it’s first pistil yesterday. The Cherry Bomb is mostly sativa. I'm at 35 North.
I also have a lot of light pollution from neighbors and street lights. Everything else has been flowering for at least a couple of weeks.
Yeah all the other plants are a few weeks into flower that's why I'm so confused. I'm not even sure what strain they are tbh, I think they are from a wedding cake cross that got seeded by I don't know. I'll continue to keep an eye on them see if it's late bloomer or what up.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
So I just noticed today one of them is popping white hairs, it's a girl. I'm not sure the growing season will be long enough to let this one actually flower though.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some can take a long time to express sex. The plants that do that tend to be long flowering Sativa phenos.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Some can take a long time to express sex. The plants that do that tend to be long flowering Sativa phenos.
Yeah, that's why I figured there will be snow on the ground here before it can flower proper and there's no chance of me putting an outdoor plant in my grown tent so I'm not sure what to even do with it. I guess let it get as far along as it can and harvest what it has.

troutman

Seed Whore
Anybody ever had plants just not flower? I have a little one in a pot at the house and 2 of the ones I transplanted to my outdoor grow that don't seem to be showing any signs of sex at all while the other plants are all obviously male or female. Any experience with this? Is it genetics? Something I did?

Pure Sativas take a lot longer. Do you know what seeds they are? :)

'Boogieman'

I'm at 43°N and learned the hard way a few times trying to grow sativas. Even many indica/sativa hybrids will bloom late and be lucky if they finish. I pretty much have to stick to proven outdoor strains and even then sometimes I still have problems.